PDA

View Full Version : Barr Humbug!

mel1972
21-12-09, 21:12
7months have passed since she left us, and we are now only 4 days till our first xmas without my mum, and whilst everyone is full of festive cheer, all i want to do is forget about it.
I have got the kids presents and a tree up because i'd know my mum would go mad if we cancelled it, but my anxiety has come back with a vengance heart worries and convinced the sore throat i have will develop into sf as i have had a flu jab so it must be bad huh! i just think and feel rubbish and pathetic all the time. Is this ever going to stop?

SleeplessFog
21-12-09, 21:20
Hi mel, sorry to hear about your mom. This is the 3rd Christmas without my sister, and it is hard. Sometimes I want to forget too. I try to think about how my sister would feel if we didn't have christmas or do the things we normally do. I don't know, I guess I feel better knowing my sister would be happy to see us celebrating instead of being depressed that she won't be here anymore.

Hugs :hugs:

fozzy is crying
21-12-09, 21:27
hi Mel,

I lost my Mum as well this year and now totally alone with no family or friends. Last month would have been her 86th birthday and was the first time in my life I could not be with her on that day or talk to her, send her a crd present etc. Nine days later I was 61 and no cards or human contact for the first time again. This Christmas wilbe my 4th alone but tis time no cards or my Mum to see or talk too. I feel for your loss and of course it is harder at this time of the year without her. However use the strength of those you have to share it with. Your Mum I am sure would want you to enjoy it despite the pain of your loss.

Gordon

bottleblond
21-12-09, 21:33
I am so sorry for you guys have lost your mum. My mum is thankfully still with us and i can't imagine life without her.

My heart goes out to you both and i hope that you can find some sort of peace in your heart this christmas.

Thinking of you
Lisa
xx

:hugs::hugs:

fozzy is crying
21-12-09, 21:38
Thanks Lisa,

This site is full of such caring and wonderful people like yourself.

Gordon

mel1972
21-12-09, 21:43
thank you everyone for your kind words and understanding. :)

eternally optimistic
22-12-09, 14:24
Oh Mel, Bless you.

Christmas brings so many emotions, doesnt it.

I'm sometimes really confused about this time of year, lots and lots of feelings.

Take lots and lots of care.

Best wishes for Christmas and New Year.

Hopefully your sore throat will go as soon as it arrived.

Take each day up until Christmas as it comes and dont beat yourself up, the day will come and you will enjoy with your kids.

mel1972
22-12-09, 20:44
thanks jackie, easier said than done sometimes. I know i should stay positive but this is soo hard! i hate being negative and on a downer all the time. now my neighbour has been dianosed with SF so flipping even more. i give up.

eternally optimistic
22-12-09, 21:41
Don't give up, your kids need you.

It was probably always gonna be a hard Christmas for you without your mum, I really cant imagine how you must be feeling, but stay strong, if you can. If not, let it all out.

maureen berry
22-12-09, 21:57
hi Mel,

I lost my Mum as well this year and now totally alone with no family or friends. Last month would have been her 86th birthday and was the first time in my life I could not be with her on that day or talk to her, send her a crd present etc. Nine days later I was 61 and no cards or human contact for the first time again. This Christmas wilbe my 4th alone but tis time no cards or my Mum to see or talk too. I feel for your loss and of course it is harder at this time of the year without her. However use the strength of those you have to share it with. Your Mum I am sure would want you to enjoy it despite the pain of your loss.

Gordon
hi gordon just reading what everyone is writing about i lost my mum 3 years ago and she was 93 good age but no matter what age istill didnot whant her to die even though i was 62 i was still her little girl in her eyes no one loves you asunconditionall as your mum i miss her every day i lost my husband 8 years ago and because off some stupid dissagreament at my mums funrerall my brother doesent talk to me i did nothing wrong i wasent even in the arguement but people had been drinking and my nerves are so bad no one understands i have always suffered with health anxiety so did my mum so she understood sorry for this long moan from maureen:scared15::scared11::emot-wave::eek: