PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new here, but not to panic/anxiety

serenity1965
22-12-09, 04:18
Hi everyone, hope youre all doing well. I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for 26 years. Ive had real rough times and times when it wasnt so bad. Always a mainstay though. Presently over the past few months they've been the worst theyve ever been, and bringing new symtoms etc.. I am so frustrated with these horrible things. I do not take any medications whatsoever, as a fear of medications is one of the many phobias i have developed over the years. I am going to be starting an anxiety group that meets once per week starting in jan. Hopefully that will be of some help. I have in the past gone to them. Did they help then? Well, like i said iam still suffering. BUt who knows, maybe they have come up with something different over the years. I am 44 and have 3 children. Two just had babies over the past year and a half. These panic attacks and anxiety attacks have and are still preventing me from living my life. I do go out ( with anxiety etc) and still function (in my small safe world) but it is hard. I really need to move forward WITHOUT the stress of all of this. I go forward every year and drag with me this horrendous pile of stress and anxiety and panic, i absolutely hate it. I dont know what else to do. I came across this site and thought Why not?
I hope to get to know you all and maybe we can give each other some help.

diane07
22-12-09, 04:22
Hi serenity1965

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

fozzy is crying
22-12-09, 04:47
hi,

Welcome here you will find ever so many lovely caring people. This site is absolutely A1. If you feel fearful of asking for public postings of help just askfor people to private message you. So many will do just that and begenuine friends to help if they can kor at te very least make sure you do not eve sruffer alone ever again. We are here all here for everyone and we all
care.

Gordon

ignatiusmael
22-12-09, 06:48
Hi,
You are welcome over here,
Let's make the Life better by exchanging our thoughts through out the globe.
Hope you will enjoy over here with us.

:welcome:

Veronica H
22-12-09, 18:56
:welcome:Serenity.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

crissy
22-12-09, 19:25
Hi I have just joined this site myself finding it to be the best thing I have ever come across like yourself 26 stupid years later I still am trying to let this anxiety go, maybe this is our chance knowing we are not the only ones and being there to help one another will do the trick. wow can you imagine a life free from this lot over the years I have had glimses of peace and in my heart I know this will enchance our lives for the better, as they say we will appreciate an awful lot more than others and not take for granted even the smallest of gifts, seeing a beautiful flower, watching birds nest then take flight, the joy in our souls will come back stronger and with new hope.
love crissy