PDA

View Full Version : going on a vacation and scared !

johnboyd
22-12-09, 07:47
(by DP/DR i mean derealization, depersonalization which is the dreamy feeling)

I will be going to Cuba for my reading week with a friend of mine. Having DP/DR and anxiety for two years now, i have started to worry myself once again about the most stupid stuff. I want to have fun, be able to drink, party and stuff but at the same time this is one the very first times that im traveling alone and not with my family. It's also the first time im travelling while being at the peak of my DR/DR and anxiety. I have been having DP/DR constantly for 2 years now. I just dont want my anxiety and DR/DP ruin this vacation for me.I just keep having the thoughts, what if i get a panic attack, what if i drink and my DP/DR gets worse (alcohol makes my DP/DR worse), what if i get paranoid or go crazy and they have to send me back with an emergency flight, what if i get sick during the trip or the DP/DR makes me stay in the hotel room for 7 days. LIke all these stupid thoughts. Has anyone experienced these thoughts when going on a vacation with friends? what did you guys do? did it really happen or was it just all stupid thoughts in the head and you actually had fun?

DanixVx
25-12-09, 03:39
hello :)

i went on holiday earlier this year with some friends to magaluf. it was fun, i quit drinking about a year ago so i didnt drink there or anything, but i found that i had very few panic attacks or anything, its a lot easier than you probably think as on holiday there is always stuff happening to take your mind off everything