PDA

View Full Version : Buzzing

lillylou17
22-12-09, 12:02
I have read posts on the site before about where people are also experiencing this which makes me feel a bit better.
I have for the past 2-3 weeks been feeling what i can only describe as a buzzing/ vibrating feeling in my bum, that can move to my tummy and thigh, i am also twitching not loads but if i am not buzzing then i tend to twitch.
I did mention it to the doctor when i went about something else a week ago and all she said was thats strange and did not mention anything else about it, which for a few days put my mind at ease.
I really don't want to go back to the docs untill after xmas because i know if they send me for tests etc i will completely panic and it will ruin everyones xmas, but i seem to have convinced myself i must have a tumor somewhere and that is what is causing this.
My anxiety always seems to get worse around this time of year, and it has been really really bad these last few months.
Over the years i have had all the classic anxiety symptoms. lump in throat, missed heart beats, racing pulse etc, but this buzzing is a new one to me.

Pdubya86
22-12-09, 12:31
Hi there,

A couple of weeks ago, I was suffering with a buzzing left foot. It just started out of the blue for no reason. It was literally buzzing on and off, every 5 seconds or so for about three days. I got quite annoyed and frustrated by it because I didn't know what was causing it.

After a few days the buzzing became less frequent, and then a couple days later it just disappeared.

Whilst it was doing it, I was all over the internet on forums etc trying to find people with a similar symptom, and there were loads!! Buzzing foots, buzzing legs and thighs and even buzzing bums!

I would give it a few days and just try your best to ignore it (easier said than done) and I'm sure it will disappear.

lillylou17
22-12-09, 12:41
Hi thank you for your reply, the buzzing does seem less intense than it was when it first started 3 weeks ago, and not as constant either.
I am going to do as you suggest and try ignoring it.
Once again thank you for your reply, it really does help knowing you are not alone with these things.

Sweetpea6
22-12-09, 13:06
I have a friend who has suffered a very similar symptom to this, because of anxiety I believe. I'm sure it will go away when you least expect it...although it must be so frustrating at the time. Try not to let it ruin your Christmas, I hope it's a happy one for you.

Lucky07
23-12-09, 19:48
I had a buzzing leg! I went to the doctor and the buzzing coupled with some other leg sensations I was having he told me was classic nerve pain from a trapped nerve. He said it would most likely go away on it's own, if not then come back and there's some things we could try. Well, it went away almost immidiately after that appt. I think anxiety does a number on our nerves and causes all these weird things.