PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

feege
22-11-05, 23:10
Just found this site.... at last! It's too late for me to write much but I have been suffering from high anxiety, panic attacks, health anxiety etc. for years - probably since a teenager and I'm 51 now[:I]

I am so glad to find somewhere I can come and talk - I don't know for the life of me why I haven't found it before!

I'm in the Brighton area, live alone, middle aged, divorced and fit the profile for an anxiety sufferer and it really irritates me! I keep thinking I'll find a way of getting over it eventually but it waxes and wanes. At the moment the health anxiety is paramount - I do have some health problems but its so hard to tell what is going on...

Nice to meet you all (hopefully!) :D

fee

trac67
23-11-05, 00:04
Hi fee,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here, and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Trev
23-11-05, 00:10
Hi Fee,

welcome. It's a top place here. Lots of superb advice and people to help you out.

All the best,
Trev

alexis
23-11-05, 01:13
Hi Fee, maybe you will be able to write more when its not so late. welcome to the site.
It is nice to meet you too. take care and keep us posted,

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.

dream
23-11-05, 07:04
hi fee
welcome to this site
take care
denisexx

denise

pinkscrumpy
23-11-05, 07:48
A big warm welcome Fee

:D:D

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

chucklehound
23-11-05, 08:32
Hi Fee and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and make some great friends too!:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

kazo
23-11-05, 10:40
hi fee

welcome to the forum, hope to see u in chat sometime

kazo xxx

vernon
23-11-05, 11:22
Hi fee and welcome to the site. I am 56 also been suffering on and off since far back as I can remember too, and yes I hate the health anxiety it can ruin your life. Even though I have suddered years I do have good spells and this summer have felt lots better but think the long dark cold winter months bring it back. anyway welcome to the site and why not pop into our chat room anytime? mostly people there at night time. take care, Vernon

clickaway
23-11-05, 12:59
Hi Fee and welcome.

Well, I'm glad you found us in the end!

I'm sure that you will find a fair amount of comfort and support here - its certainly helped me being here.

What help are you receiving for this - meds? therapy?

I'm not sure what the profile of an anxiety sufferer is. Some people appear to be have a very happy life and they then 'fall over'.

From one 51 year old to another lol,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

nomorepanic
23-11-05, 13:05
Hi Fee

A warm welcome aboard.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

sillymoo
23-11-05, 15:00
hi there just wanted 2 say hello and i hope u find this site as good as i do!!!!tc and keep smilin:D luv mooxXx

feege
23-11-05, 15:14
hi everyone

just want to say a big thank you for your warm welcome - it's really helping already!:D

Hope you're all well, calm and warm!!

fee

ERP
23-11-05, 15:34
Hi Fee,

Like you I tend to over analyse everything relating to health, I get a cough it must be serious, muscle ache, headache you name it, it has to be terminal! Of course it never is anything serious again it all comes down to training yourself mentally I think but I guess it takes time to overcome, time is a great healer I've always lived by.

Stay positive and remember you're not alone.

Cheers

Elton

Karen
23-11-05, 15:38
Hi Fee

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
23-11-05, 16:18
Hello Fee,

Do ask is there is anything particularly you need information on .

Meanwhile absorb what you can.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/healthanxiety.htm

First Steps First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

lin
23-11-05, 16:24
Hi Fee

welcome

you will get great support.

linda xx :D

wobily_lin
23-11-05, 18:02
hi fee,

a big welcome. yeh i know the health anxiety oh to well. iv had ptsd for over 2yrs as a result of bad experience in hosp. it is such a load to carry but so long as you keep trying to think positivly it should help. deep down we know that there is nothing seriously wrong with us and it it all down to this <anxiety>. so glad you have found this site. some great advice here.

take care.x

lin x

sueiamnew
23-11-05, 18:53
Hi and Welcome to the site.