PDA

View Full Version : Buzzy Belly

Puddin
22-12-09, 19:02
Hi everyone,
I bumped in to this forum completely be accident, and from what I've been reading I'm pleased I have!

I had a nervous breakdown about 5 years ago, and have never recovered.

My main issue is what I call buzzy belly, that adrenaline buzz of nervousness you get in your solar plexus. I seem to get it more often than not these days, and 'its just there' without any defined trigger.

My hands shake and if something unexpected happens I can feel my heart pounding against my chest, albeit for a short period only.

I have been prescribed beta blockers, which are 10mg propranonol, which i only take when it gets unbearable.

I'm now left feeling whether this is the way its going to be for the rest of my life? Relying on drugs to make everything ok.

I do get good days, and hold on to them with both hands when they happen!

Maj
22-12-09, 19:35
Hi,

I can't say I've had the buzz sensation you've explained, but we all have different symptoms that can be unique to us. I think that you have probably recovered to an extent because you are so matter of fact about your symptoms and feelings. I think we forget sometimes that before anxiety affected us we had up and down days all the time. After a nervous breakdown we're constantly struggling to feel "normal" all the time. We forget that we never felt the same 24 hours a day - this would be impossible. You are obviously still very sensitized and that's why you shake and have palpitations a lot of the time. I think when we stop being afraid of the symptoms they can stop happening so much, it's the feeling they give us that keeps them alive. If you can learn to accept the symptoms and carryon with what you were doing they will gradually mean less and less. No, I don't think you have to feel like this the rest of your life. My person belief is that if you've suffered a nervous breakdown the feeling never leaves you 100% but can live in the background with affecting your life and be perfectly happy and content. So what if the symptoms come back occasionally, they'll disappear again with a bit of acceptance. I've had a couple of anxiety symptoms over the last few months that I haven't had for years but gradually they're disappearing again. I've even learned to live with the ectopic beats for which I'm sitting yet again with a 24 hour monitor - which will be a waste of time, but my doctor insisted on it. So please, try not to despair, you will get there.
Myra :hugs:

Jellie
22-12-09, 23:47
I get this too, terrible trouble with the solar plexus! I don't take drugs for it at the mo so i'm not sure whether they do any good long term. My only hope is that i've known people who have had the same, and it goes away eventually i think, though takes a while . I find yoga good for the stomach tension/anxiety (though having the motivation to do it is another thing hehe), like back bends - camel, locust etc.
:hugs:Stay strong xx