PDA

View Full Version : I was doing so well but they came back again

pinkcherryhearts
22-12-09, 19:18
Hello
I made huge progress last wednesday and went into a huge shopping centre on the bus alone and spent 3 hours there and didnt panic, the next day i went out with my sister and it was icy, cold and started snowing and i had a huge panic attack, I then had another one yesterday because I was meant to meet my sister in town and she couldent come because her bus didnt come and my bus stopped running too and i had one of the biggest panic attacks ever, God knows how but I managed to get home by catching 3 buses. I got home and havent left the house since, im so scared of this horrible weather, my partners coming down from scotland and im panicking that he will have a crash, Is it possible to have a snow phobia because ever since its started snowing my panic attacks have gone through the roof?

KK77
22-12-09, 21:08
I'm sure this time of year affects a lot of people negatively. There's a lot of running around, crowds of rushing and stressed out people, crazy traffic on the roads and then we have the snow and ice making things worse.

What you're going through is just a "blip" caused by stressful circumstances and you'll feel better again soon. It's part of the ups and downs of this "illness".

People have been going on about a 'White Christmas' for ages now and I think a lot of them are now just wishing for it to be over and done with ... including me.

Anxious_gal
23-12-09, 01:18
wow went on a bus alone! that's so great well done! and spending 3 hours in town that's is awesome!
do you think the snow might have triggered off your panic attack? sometimes heavy rain makes me some how claustrophobic!
aw i think you anticipated meeting your sister in town which made you feel safe and when you learned she wasn't coming it made you anxious.
then having a hard time getting home, that's every agoraphobics worst nightmare!
not been able to get straight home when your anxoius is very scary.
snow phobia? hmm did something bad happen when it was snowing?
cause if you had a panic attack in the snow, you now associate snow with anxiety!

maddie
23-12-09, 01:24
I agree with mishel. I think panic attacks are associated in a big way with feeling in control. The weather threw all your plans and the transport system into chaos, and you lost control of the situation. The same could have happened with transport strikes or a flood. I don't think you will develop a snow phobia unless you dwell on it and blame the snow for the panic. Try to accept that your plans went awry due to adverse weather conditions, no more than that. :hugs: