PDA

View Full Version : Favorite holiday recipe

eeyorelover
22-12-09, 19:53
Anyone want to share their favorite holiday recipe?

Mine are....

Brownie Pie
1 brownie mix

8 oz cream cheese
3/4 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz tub of whipped topping

Bake brownie according to package directions in a pie tin.

Cream together cream cheese and sugar.
Add vanilla
Fold in whipped topping.

Place cream cheese mixture on cooled brownie and refridgerate for 2 hours.

Tastes like cheesecake on a brownie!
Mmmmmmmm

Rose Rolls

2 C lukewarm mile
2 pkgs active dry yeast
1/4 C sugar
1 beaten egg
1/4 C ( 1/2 stick) butter, melted
2 tsp. salt
5 3/4 to 6 1/2 C all purpose flour

Sprinkle yeast over milk and stir to dissolve. Let stand for 5 minutes to develop. Add in sugar, egg, butter, and salt and mix well. One cup at a time, add five cups of flour and beat throughly each time until flour is incorporated. Add enough of remaining flour to make a soft dough that is slightly sticky, Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead adding small amounts of flour as necessary to keep dough manageable. Knead for 6 to 8 minutes until dough is smooth and satiny. Lightly oil surface of dough and place it back into rised bowl and cover with a clean dry towel. Allow to rise in a woarm place free from drafts until doubled, about 60 minutes. Punch down and roll daugh out into a rectangle 12" high by 15" wide. Brush the dough with melted butter leaving 1 inch of the top edge dry. Roll the dough up jellyroll style. Lightly brush the top edge with a little water so it will stick to the roll and pinch to seal. Ising a sharp knife cut the roll into 12 equal pieces. Place each piece, cut side down, into the cup of a lightly greased muffin tin.
Using a pair of scissors cut an X in teh top of each roll---- you should cut about 2/3 of the way through the roll. Cover and let rise in a warm place about 30 minutes or until doubled. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans and place on wire racks to cool slightly. Brush tops with melted butter.

I made these for my family's Christmas party and everyone loved them :)