PDA

View Full Version : So fed up of feeling like this :(

Bellar
22-12-09, 22:29
I've posted on here a few times, usually anxiety related panic attacks.

I've recently noticed my hair thinning which is very distressing as a young (ish!) woman and I've started taking a supplement called Maxi Hair. I've been on this for about 12 days now. I don't know if this is related or not, but at around the same time every day, late afternoon, I've started to feel a little panicky, weak, a bit faint and with a sense of something bad about to happen. Sometimes it's accompanied by a hot flush or cold chill.

I realise that by using the word 'panicky' I'm implying anxiety but I don't know how else to describe the feeling. I'm not in pain, it just feels like I'm a little lightheaded and it never lasts for more than an hour or so.

Problem is, now I've convinced myself it's something sinister and I can't enjoy my day to day life. I keep imagining I'm not going to be around to see my 5 year old grow up. I've had a dragging pain in the pelvis for a long time and googled that and the first thing that came up was 'ovarian cancer symptoms'.

I'm so fed up of feeling like this. Can these feelings be down to panic and can you have something like this every day?

I'm sorry to whinge, but there is no one else who understands how I feel and I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to answer. Having health anxiety is certainly a lonely life.

jinglebells
23-12-09, 13:28
Health anxiety SUCKS! when my HA is at its worst, afternoons are a bad time for me. I get more anxious and feel I HAVE to lie down, if I don't lie down I think something bad is going to happen.

Like you I worry I am not going to see my children grow up, mine are 5 and 2. I am often convinced I have some terminal illness, this week its a brain tumor. Not so long ago I was convinced it was ovarian cancer (thanks to Dr google!), I always have the syptoms to match including the dragging sensation in my pelvis.

Have you seen a doctor about the dragging feeling?

From what you have said it sounds like anxiety and believe me it really can cause feelings every minute of every day. I am sorry you are going through this
xx

gypsywomen
23-12-09, 13:31
have you had a blood test for your thyroid gland an overactive thyroid can make your hair thin plus make you have palpitations

ladybird64
23-12-09, 13:37
H Bellar

I'm not an HA sufferer but didn't want your post to slip by unoticed, this sometimes happens due to the sheer volume of posts.

I think you need a different doctor! Failing that, go into his/her surgery and make sure that they listen to your concerns and give you some answers.
From what you describe, you are having anxiety related episodes. Trouble with any "episode" that makes us uncomfortable is that we then worry about getting another one, sometimes without even being aware that we are thinking about it..if that makes sense!

I'm assuming that the supplement that you are taking is bona fide, so I doubt whether they are the cause.

Go back to your doc, insist that they give you a proper examination re the dragging feeling you get low down and while they are at it, they can also perhaps give you some advice over the hair loss!

Wish you lots of luck, let us know how it goes. :hugs:

Bellar
23-12-09, 18:26
I have my thyroid checked every year and they say it's always fine, but I'm going to get them to test for thyroid antiboides, as I don't think that's been done yet.

I haven't been about the dragging feeling yet, will do that after Christmas. I'm due to see a trichologist in Jan about the hair, so hopefully will get some answers there.

Just so fed up of feeling like this. It's getting to the point where I'm scared to be on my own now. Doesn't help that my husband is away all week and I work weekends, so don't really see him much. Luckily I'm self-employed and quite busy with work, so that keeps my mind off it a lot of the time.

reader 2009
24-12-09, 00:14
poor you you're really suffering-your hair loss may be due to stress form you anxiety i know its hard when your husband works away mine did for 20 years. have you been to the docs about the way you feel it took me months and a nervous breakdown to finally get help and i did and i am recovering slowly.

hope you feel better soon