PDA

View Full Version : Doctors

lillylou17
23-12-09, 12:47
I have said in another post about the buzzing sensation i am getting in my bum, which can move to my thigh, and tummy etc.
I booked my doctors appointment today for the 30th dec, now i am getting myself into a terrible state that it could be something serious like a tumour etc.
I have never been very good at going to the doctors and will put things off so as i dont have to go, i shake and cry as soon as i get there.
The buzzing has been going on for nearly 3 weeks now so i need to get it seen to, but i am so scared.
My health anxiety has been really bad for the past 4/5 months, it has been one thing after another the doctor prescribed me A.D to take but have been to scared to take them.:shrug:

andrea thompson
23-12-09, 12:55
hi hon
i know its hard but try not to worry... it is probably something really simple... it could be a symptom related to your health anxiety.... i worried myself silly recently when i was having some blood tests and everything was fine... all the symptoms are caused by my anxiety.... i am sure it will be the case for you aswell... i have just recently started on citalopram and they seem to be working for me.... dont be scared of anti depressents i had a chat with a pharmacist to find out how they work and exactly what they do... and its all pretty straight forward stuff...

take care hon...

andrea. x x

Gazman
23-12-09, 13:05
i get the buzzing too, i had it terrible when i suffered really badly with anxiety, it seems pretty common, i'm sure it's nothing to worry about :)

lillylou17
23-12-09, 13:15
Thank you for your replies, i cant seem to pull myself together.
I keep trying to tell myself i have the appointment now, it is no good worrying anymore untill i get there next week, but am not doing to good.
I just want to cry, and i know if it is anxiety related i am just making it worse by feeling like this.:unsure:

Anxious_gal
23-12-09, 14:31
have you taken anything for pin worms, just a thought.
I had been going to the bathroom a lot because of my anxiety, so my skin got irritated and my had a burning sensation in my bum!
i do get that buzzing sensation, all over really although never in that area.
but good on you for going to the doctor, i think you end up crying because the stress just builds up!
i have a really nice doctor and he's very reassuring :-) i hope yours is like that too :-)