PDA

View Full Version : 6000!!!

Maj
23-12-09, 15:45
I just had my 24 hour monitor removed this morning. Back in July when I had one on it registered 136 ectopics. The last 24 hours registered 6000!! I almost fell off the chair when I was told. I know it's a stressful time at the moment, but come on! A cardiologist then immediately came to speak to me and arranged for me to have an echocardiogram there and then. The first thing he said though was that they were benign, completely harmless, and nothing drastic was going to happen to me, so did I want treatment for them or not? He said yes, they were more than the average person, but still ectopic beats are harmless. I can't take a betablocker because of my asthma and he said there's another drug I can take, but it's completely my decision. I don't know what I'm going to do - I'd rather not take a drug if it only masks the symptoms. ANYWAY, THIS IS TO REASSURE EVERYONE ON NMP WHO SUFFERS FROM ECTOPICS THAT YOU CAN HAVE THOUSANDS IN ONE DAY AND STILL BE ALIVE AND KICKING!!! The cardiologist seemed completely unperturbed by it - but then it's not him who has them!!! I will think about the meds but deep down I feel it's pointless if it's a stress thing - which I assume it is. I've to go to the cardiology clinic in February again.
Myra:hugs:

Veronica H
23-12-09, 18:00
Hi Myra

No wonder you were finding it hard to ignore them. Even though they are benign, to have so many must be a real nuisance.:bighug1:Thanks for posting as you are living proof that they will not harm us.

Veronicax

Maj
23-12-09, 19:03
Thanks Veronica - yes, just as well we don't feel every one of them!!

Myra:hugs: