PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Major panic about blushing!

stacy1912
23-12-09, 17:05
Hi All

I hope someone can help me out! I have been trawling the internet for ages!! bad idea I know!!

My problem is I blush alot when I am stressed and it is always more intense on one side of my face (the right). It burns red and hot for ages after the event as well! I am stressing about it as noone I know has ever had this! :blush:

It has been happening for a while now and I mentioned it to the doctor and they just shrugged!

Anyone else get this?:scared15:

Thanks

diane07
23-12-09, 17:10
Hi stacy1912

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Maj
23-12-09, 19:43
Hi Stacy,

I know you are getting stressed out about blushing, but honestly I know lots of people just like you who get flushed in the face when they are anxious. I get a bit like this myself sometimes. I don't think there's an immediate cure for this, I think it's more about accepting it and just trying to carryon as normal. If you worry about it too much it's more likely to happen more often. It'll feel worse to you than it looks to others, honestly.
Myra:hugs:

stacy1912
23-12-09, 20:37
I know that being more aware of it myself only increases the heat, i just hate the fact it revolves around one cheek as this seems wierd!!:blush:

Thank you for your reply and I will try to pay this problem less attention.

99% dead inside
24-12-09, 01:57
Hi Stacy,

I blush whenever I talk to people. It's not as bad when I talk to men though. It's horrible when I talk to women because I blush, think that I'm blushing, blush even more, and feel like a complete idiot. :blush:

See, even my smiley is blushing...

I don't have it on just one cheek though. So I can't really help you, sorry. :blush:

See, it's blushing again!

Just try to maybe put yourself in situations like a crowd or shopping centre, spend a day walking around, and see if you ever stop blushing. Maybe by doing that eventually you won't be so anxious and it might not be as bad? Oh yeah and take a friend, people will think your weird if your walking around all day looking in a mirror. :D