PDA

View Full Version : PMT, tiredness, and feeling of unreality

Juliamidlands
23-11-05, 14:26
hello girlies

I gues we all know that we generally feel more anxious when we are due on, but does anyone find that feelings of unreality get worse at this time of the month as well?

Also..tiredness...last night I was not too bad, feeling fairly 'real' but as it got later, I started to feel really tired and the more tired I felt, the more 'unreal' I started to feel...

can anyone relate to this?

Julia xx

'To the world, you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world'.

pinkscrumpy
23-11-05, 14:33
Hi Julia

I can relate totally to that. I'm exactly the same just before each period is due. The tiredness is unbelievable.

love

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

missunderstood
23-11-05, 14:42
Hey Julia, I can completely relate to how you're feeling. I have a hightened sense of derealisation when I am due and also get much more tired which seems to worsen it.

Hope that reassures you as it does for me to know I'm not the only one with these feelings.

Love Becca xxx

desperate
23-11-05, 15:05
Yeah me too.

Try Clematis bach remedy for the DR maybe.

Sarah

Jo-Mo
23-11-05, 23:41
Hi Julia
I most definitely relate to this. I lose sense of reality and become irrational about my fears. Sometimes with help of hubby I manage to hold on, other times as it was this month the panic really set in. Went to the dr desperate for tablets, but hadn't started them that evening when over half an hour the adrenalin stopped and semi - normality returned. Why? PMT had stopped!
Do you treat the hormones or the anxiety. Apparently the menopause helps, I'm 33. Let me know if anyone has any theories on this, I would love to hear.

Jo x

Piglet
24-11-05, 09:20
I hate that time of the month too although its not as bad as it was since I went back on the pill a year or two again, for my heavy irregular periods.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Madwoman
24-11-05, 09:31
Hi all,

I must admit before a period im a jibbering wreck, anxious and panicky all the time.

Originally I went to the dr because i thought it was an early menopause, I went armed with a chart of symptoms dates etc but i was told i was far too your (42 at the time) it was just a bit of a mid life crisis, take these and go away.

So yes I do sympathise. If the menopause helps bring it on

mads xx

why dont sheep shrink in the rain?

Meg
27-11-05, 14:47
period trouble [ladies please] (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2961)
one for the females (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3572)
ok - here's a REALLY strange question !!! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4010)
girls only (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4554)
PMT PANIC (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4881)
PMT, tiredness, and feeling of unreality (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6670)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

3faces
27-11-05, 16:40
What joy to be a woman!!

About two weeks before I'm due I feel like I can take on the world and then everything comes crashing down. All I want to do is put the duvet over my head and sleep.:(

You've just got to keep telling yourself it's only one part of the month and to make the most of the times when you're feeling better....I guess

Jem xxx

Chant
14-08-08, 19:53
Hi there! I have menopause and for sure that brings on panic attacks. I have had panic attacks and agraphobia on and off. Now at 50 I'm trying to get rid of them. When I frist had panic attacks noone in the world knew what they were! Now I'm learning!

Veronica H
14-08-08, 20:40
Hi Everyone
My hormones are all over the place- can I ever relate to this, I'm 49! It is called Premenstrual 'tension' for good reason. I find it really hard to sleep a few nights before it and then impossible to stay awake once it is on. Thanks, I feel better for a good moan about it.
Best wishes
Veronica H

Venus Calling
14-08-08, 20:46
I think its this that brought my anxiety on - not that my doctor will listen to me! My head is all over the place and I get these weird 'surges' out of the blue that scare the living day lights out of me - no wonder I get PA's!! I'm 45 and this could last another 10 years or more apparently.... Give me strength!! :weep:

Sophie85
15-11-08, 10:33
Yes I do, didnt know others got that dreamy feeling when on their period, is same feeling i got when i was anaemic.tiredness is a common pmt symptom

feels_like_home
16-11-08, 19:17
I can relate to the way you feel. For two weeks I feel I can cope with it all and then for 2 weeks I feel I just can't go on. What a rollercoaster ride. You are not alone.
Michelle

orangeblossom
16-11-08, 23:15
God yes, I can completely empathise with this! I had my first period in almost a year this month and thought I was losing my mind! I was exhausted, irritable, in agony, and ridiculously anxious as well! I love being a woman sometimes(!) I did notice that my anxiety levels were skyrocketing around the time of my period and that my emetaphobia was getting worse too...

Do you all think it is entirely down to hormones??

Purple Fish
26-11-08, 16:29
WOW!

You`ve all hit the nail on the head! When I first started feeling rubbish 2 weeks before I was due on it was about 2 years ago! Scared myself silly. Thought my dizzy head was a brain tumour, had feelings of dread, depression, tiredness.....etc! I finally went to the dictor and he prescribed prozac and Norethisterone. 2 years on still taking them! I don`t feel as rubbish as I used and it only kicks in a couple of days before my period now and then gradually passes as my period comes to an end. I asked my doctor if I could be pre-menopausal and he said I was too young (nearly 36).
Heres my list of PMS symptoms.....

Irritable
Floaty giddy feeling
Tired
Feelings of dread
Not looking forward to anything
Headache/Migraine
Night sweating
Vivid dreams
Clumsy
Lack of concentration

Anyone else out there experience this?

Tanya xx :whistles:

Oceanblue
26-11-08, 17:54
Irritable
Floaty giddy feeling
Tired
Feelings of dread
Not looking forward to anything
Headache/Migraine
Night sweating
Vivid dreams
Clumsy
Lack of concentration
Physical sickness
Heightened anxiety
Panic
The actual period pain in tummy and lower back
Feelings of being slowed down/slow motion,..
Depression/tearful
Emotional
:weep:
It's my time now and I'm not feeling well at all, so I could go on and on. I've just started taking the pill again in hope this will help the symptoms. Hopefully next month, things might be better, as my symptoms usually start to show two weeks before i'm due on, which means I have a period lasting for about one week, then just one week of the month 'Symptom Free',.. nightmare !

I wish they'd just stop altogether now (I have two children and I don't wish to plan on having anymore), unfortunately I have years to go yet.

HeatherMc
26-11-08, 20:00
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Tanya you have hit the nail on the head for me hun, unfortunately especially the wierd vivid dreams, and the night sweats

I believe that there can be a condition called perimenopause which can cause all this but my doc doesn't believe in it.

Thanks for all the posts girls I feel a bit better knowing its not just me and not all in my mind

Heather

nikkipops
06-02-09, 12:53
It's good to know that other people experience such similar things, it often feels like something's really wrong, but I guess it's just that our hormones make us feel that way.