PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone please can I ask for some help

Manchesterutd412
23-12-09, 23:26
Hi my name is mark. First off can I just say sorry for my spelling lol
for the last 3 months I have been feeling like I am having a heart attack
everyday. I have been to the E.R 4 times in the last few weeks had
e.c.gs done x rays done 24 hour heart tests and the doctors say there is
nothing wrong with my heart and that I might be having panic attacks.
I just wonted to no if my symtoms sounds like panic attacks to you guy
I sometime get a racing heart beat like my heart wonts to jump out of my cheast and sometime skipped beats I get light headed chest pains and down my left side sometimes the pain feels like I am being pinched on the inside and back pain too and numb fingers with pins and needles and keep thinking I am gonna die. I am finding it really hard to cope now and don't know where to
Turn.

Thank you :)

nomorepanic
23-12-09, 23:28
Hi Manchesterutd412

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
24-12-09, 00:23
Hi Mark , like you i have been through the whole heart thing , thats how my panic attacks started, i ended up in a and e woth the symptoms you are describing, it was awful, of course i got sent home and told it was apanic attack . Its happened a few times since and i always end up convinced that this time it really is a heart attack. Anxiety is one of the most evil things in the world , i hate it !! You will find it helpful and supportive here Mark , its helped me loads and knowing your not alone is a relief. You will find a way to cope and you will become familair with your symptoms so you will know it is panic . Come into chat and see us sometime Love Paige x

Corinne
24-12-09, 15:20
I'm new here also, but just wanted to give a little encouragement. I've had a racing heart most of my life. Last year, I went to the ER with a pulse rate of 120. They found nothing wrong with my heart after MANY tests. It's all part of the panic and anxiety. Sometimes, it comes out of the blue with no reason for it. Hang in there! It seems we are all in the same boat.

terry83
24-12-09, 17:11
[QUOTE=Manchesterutd412;592038]Hi my name is mark. First off can I just say sorry for my spelling lol
for the last 3 months I have been feeling like I am having a heart attack
everyday. I have been to the E.R 4 times in the last few weeks had
e.c.gs done x rays done 24 hour heart tests and the doctors say there is
nothing wrong with my heart and that I might be having panic attacks.
I just wonted to no if my symtoms sounds like panic attacks to you guy
I sometime get a racing heart beat like my heart wonts to jump out of my cheast and sometime skipped beats I get light headed chest pains and down my left side sometimes the pain feels like I am being pinched on the inside and back pain too and numb fingers with pins and needles and keep thinking I am gonna die. I am finding it really hard to cope now and don't know where to
Turn.

Thank you :)[/QUOTE hiya mark well what can i say the racing heart deffo sounds like a panic attack mte not to sure bwt ur tingles and pinches and when ya going through a panic attack all kind of thoughts rush through ur head im bipolar myself and get severe panic attacks at times anxiet could also play a part feel free to message me but can u please message bk to my inbox as im new to this myself lol head up mate stay strong

Veronica H
27-12-09, 21:46
:welcome:Mark. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Veronicax

Manchesterutd412
28-12-09, 00:07
Hi all thanks for the link Veronica I will look into that I will do anything to get better. I have had a very hard christmas with feeling so Ill but I put a breave face on it so not to up set the family. As I write this now I have very bad pains in my arm and very tight cheast I hope it go soon as I won't to go sleep lol. I just wonted to ask a few more things I keep Reading that panic attacks last for 15 mins to an hour but I have had mine for 4 days none stop does this happon to some people??? This is the last thing I need to get my head round then I think I might get it in my head I am not going to die. Thanks to all on this site I have been Reading around it for the last few days and it's made me feel alot better

thanks mark x

p.s sorry about the spelling

Veronica H
28-12-09, 10:20
:bighug1:I hope you managed to get some sleep Mark. Anxiety can throw up some powerful symptoms. Many here including myself have ended up in A&E thinking there is a major problem. It is hard to believe that it is the fear of the way we are feeling that keeps the nerves sensitised and the cycle going. Try not to add fear to the mix and accept that this is an illness of how we think and not how we feel. This will get better. Try to distract yourself by not thinking too much. Try to live in the moment for now. Hang in there.

Veronica

Sparkie
28-12-09, 13:24
Hey Mark, not to long ago I was having really bad chest pains and the left side of my back, shoulder and my arm went numb for like a week. lol And I was to nervous to even consult a doctor cause Id have to go see them and all the people waiting. You are not alone believe me, everyone here will do there best to support you and give you advice.

Christmas is an awful time for me too, I have been a complete mess and I ain't looking forward to new years eve! :scared15:

Anyway welcome to NMP.

Sparks.

Manchesterutd412
28-12-09, 15:56
Hi all me again sorry if I posting in the wrong place. I woke up today feeling o.k so I thought I would go out and get some airfix models to take my mind off things.
When I got to the shop I started to feel so Ill I got a tight cheast with alot of pain then I got pain in my back and just had to get out of the shop fast I have never had this befor and it's scaring me. I don't know what to do next

mark x