PDA

View Full Version : This Health obsession is the worst ever....

UFC_fan
24-12-09, 11:12
Hi

First I want to say what great website I think this is, I used to just browse but now I'm trying to help others as well as posting my own concerns - with the whole anxiety/depression spectrum making us feel isolated I think it is paramount to share stories.

My latest obsession which has been simmering for weeks is now driving me crazy and ruining my much anticipated Christmas break; I am questioning my ability to speak properly and hold conversations. I have posted before about my fear of neurological illness, primarily Brain tumours and therefore I have experienced all kinds of symptoms that I have attributed to this outcome but this speech one is horrible, mainly because speaking is something I do everyday and now I'm anxious everytime I speak in case I mess up or mispronounce any of my words and when inevitably I do, it sends adrenaline around my body and I think through the mistake over and over again until there is another.

I am definately suffering with a degree of depression at the moment and as such my Citalopram has been upped to 40mg, I have also been given Diazapam for if emergencies but I'd rather not take this.

I do beleive that some of my anxieties are fed by things I've heard in the past which my brain stores and then throws at me when I'm in a suseptive state, I know for a fact that I remember a friend of mine telling me years ago that his father-in-law had been diagnosed with a brain tumour and his symptom was that he jumbled up his speech and said the wrong words - so for example he would try and count to 10 and it might go like this:

1, 2, dog, cat, plate, 6, house, etc.......

Clearly this is not happening to me exactly like this but I'm relating my problem which in turn is terrifying me and preventing my normal functioning.

Can anyone else empathise with this kind of thing?

Merry Xmas all

gypsywomen
24-12-09, 11:16
your not alone ,,merry christmas

debs180
24-12-09, 13:29
Hi,
i can understand your fears, i have the same 1's!! Ive started to mix silly words up, for instance instead on saying yes i'd love a cup of tea, i'd say yes i'd love a tea cup!!! Funny to others but not to me.......as im experancing headaches and pressures in my head now jumbled up words i fear the worse. But rational side of brain is saying its my fear of a tumour making me do this!! So u r not alone.....
Merry christmas to you.......hope you have a small break from your anxiety!

Debs x