PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Corinne

Corinne
24-12-09, 15:08
Hello, everyone. I'm so happy to have found this forum. It seems that when I search for active forums, there are very few.

I am a retired teacher here in the US. I have suffered from anxiety, depression and agoraphobia most of my life.

Right now, I have been suffering with vibrations all through my body. It is worse upon waking. It usually wakes me at about four or five in the morning. The vibrations are all internal, however, it takes me many hours to recover once I actually get out of bed. The doctor is testing me for adrenal problems, and i just "know" they are going to find something awful. It is a horrible thing to feel like this every day. The fear and the panic are getting to be soo much.

I take Ativan for anxiety and am starting Zoloft on Saturday. I didn't want to start anything new until after Christmas. I'm even afraid to start the new med. Everything scares me anymore. Oh, I should mention that I just got out of the hospital recently. I had a tremendous headache for a month. The only thing they found was very low B12. I am getting shots now.

I hope I am welcome here because I really need to reach out to people who are suffering as much as I am. I hope that I can be of help as well as receiving some comfort along the way.

Bless you all.

diane07
24-12-09, 15:10
Hi Corinne

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Corinne
24-12-09, 15:12
Thank you, Diane. You have no idea how much I appreciate the welcome.

unspoken
24-12-09, 15:35
Hi Corinne. That sounds like a lot to deal with. I can understand why you are reluctant to try to the new medication until after Christmas. I started on Zoloft (Sertraline) last week, I've not had any bad side effects with it but I was scared about starting it too. Hopefully it'll help you.

You'll find advice and support on all kinds of aspects of anxiety and related problems here and lots of lovely people. I hope you have a good Christmas :)

Corinne
24-12-09, 15:48
Thank you, unspoken.:)
Having been an anxious mess most of my life, I should be used to this. This shaky vibration stuff does have me worried though, as I know it isn't just anxiety. I've read many forums where people have posted about this. It seems that so many have it, but there are no answers. The tests I just had were for adrenal tumors, and possibly pituitary.

I'm glad to hear that you had no side effects on the Zoloft. I have a bad time processing all meds. The side effects are ten times worse for me. My tablets are 25 mg and I intend to only take half for a week to get used to them.

I am so looking forward to being able to go into chat in four more days so I can get to know all of you better. This seems to be a wonderful forum. I'm so thankful to have found it.

I really need to get out of this bed and do some preparation for tomorrow. My whole family will be here.

I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas as well!:)

eeyorelover
24-12-09, 16:41
Welcome Corinne!
I know you will find lots of useful information and a bunch of new supportive friends here :)
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns or if you just feel like gabbin ;)
xxx
Sandy

Corinne
24-12-09, 17:25
Oh, thank you, Sandy!

debsmk123
24-12-09, 21:05
HI Hun yes i have had lots tests only thing found low b12 which i corrected with vitamins the doc wnated to give me injections said ill try it , he said it wont work he was surprised as it did lol, I do yoga most eves off tv and take vitamins dont drink or smoke have controlled them hope you ok i fought mine debs xx

Corinne
24-12-09, 22:46
I'm glad you got your B12 under control, debs! I just had lab work last week along with the adrenal tests. I won't know anything until Jan. 26 which is my next app't.

Take care! I can't believe how friendly this forum is! What luck to have found all of you!

Maj
24-12-09, 22:53
Hello Corinne,

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. Anxiety symptoms can just make you feel absolutely awful. You can recover though - never think that you can't! My mum had agoraphobia, really badly, and after practising the advice in Claire Weeke's book recovered. That was many years ago and although she hasn't forgotten it she has never looked back. It's all to do with accepting that your feelings are due to anxiety, accepting the symptoms, carrying on with your life and trying not to make them frighten you so much. With practise you can see light at the end of the tunnel. Even if you get a wee setback now and again it'll make you stronger each time. Please don't despair. You will feel better again through time and you're not alone. And Merry Christmas!!
Myra:hugs:

Corinne
24-12-09, 23:42
I got over the agoraphobia many years ago. Claire Weeke's books were like Bibles to me. I carried them to school every day just for reassurance. When I get the tendency again, i just "float" through it. I'm glad your mom got through it. It sure isn't pleasant!

I think I'm just more worried (who am I kidding -- panicked) about my adrenal test results. But then, if everything is normal, why am I vibrating when I wake up? *sigh* It's a never ending cycle with me. I can be happy for ten minutes after being told my test results are normal, but then I'm wondering what they are missing.

Thank you for your kind reply, and have a very Merry Christmas!