PDA

View Full Version : Battling with citralopam

CELTIC67
24-12-09, 20:38
hi everyone.just a line to see if anyone identifies,had bad anxiety and ocd for over a year, as I am a recovering addict and have been totally abstinent from alcohol and drugs for over 3 years, tried every avenue to avoid meds,gym,st johns wart,relaxation,but to no avail,so decided to go on citralopam 6mths ago,started on 10 then to 15 to 20 all the way up in 5s to 40! Been on 40 now for 7 weeks still quite anxious don't know if I am not giving meds enough time to settle before upping dosage. The last six months have been a nitemare been really nasty to my partner who is getting to the end of her tether with me as I can be really difficult to be around when I am anxious. Has anyone else experienced this don't want to go up anymore, hopefully its just a case of it settling, any help and advice would be appreciated. Merry xmas everyone!!

suzy-sue
24-12-09, 23:40
I dont think upping your dose is going to help Celtic .There is no evidence 60mg is any more effective ,perhaps more sedating ,so its not often perscribed .Drugs alone will not cure the anxiety .You sound like you could benefit from some CBT THERAPY .Your DR can arrange this for you .Sorry its causing you problems at home ,it cant be nice for either of you .Have a happy christmas and all the best for 2010 .Sue