PDA

View Full Version : Not in the spirit for Christmas

phil06
24-12-09, 22:08
Really not in the spirit for Christmas as I've had such a crap year. Anybody else? I just want it over with but feel bad for saying that...like this has been my worst year since I left school... I'll just have to see it out and bear it. :blush:

mandie
25-12-09, 01:40
Hi

I feel exactly the same.

Its been a crap year and things are really bad at moment.

We are spending xmas day at the hospital coz my dad is in there very ill.

just want xmas over with as quick as possible :(

mandie x

Meewah
25-12-09, 01:52
Hi Phil

I am not sure if I have had a crap year? I'm not kidding I have forgot what normal good and bad feel like. I feel it has been a productive year be it a bit of a blur. Its just now I feel very stressed, I cant understand why I should feel like this. I have three wonderful kids who I know are going to be arguing later this morning. I think it is because of the stereo type of a successful Christmas which sadly every year it never reaches that high standard so you feel like a failure.

Saying that I wonder what mid winter would be like without this Christian festival to Focus on.

One thing I love about this moment is the lack of build up, I know that Xmas will be over in a flash and again I can escape this stressful time and look forward to what the next year will bring.

Evaery day is a blur at the moment.....

Mee

All the best for the New Year!!!

fozzy is crying
25-12-09, 02:06
Same here had three and a half solid crap years and totally alone for my 4th Christmas in a row. No family and freinds and housebound with physical as well as mental health problems. However I am not sad. So many more have even less.

A very Merry Christmas day morning to you all. I hope you all make the most of it. At least we do not have to suffer the hypocrites who just use Christmas as a time to gain and forget the true spirit of Christmas. My love to all on here.

Gordon

Maj
25-12-09, 11:41
Hi Gordon,

Merry Christmas to you too. I'm sorry that you are spending Christmas alone, although I do know people who have said they'd rather be alone and eat, drink and watch whatever they want on t.v. and nod off whenever they want!! I know it's not through choice for some people though. And yes, I agree, there are too many people who use Christmas as a time of materialistic pleasures. I hope you have a nice peaceful day and go on to having a good New Year.
Myra:hugs: x

pollyanna
25-12-09, 11:56
the past two years in particular have been one hard slog, and probably the most difficult i have ever had to deal with, physically , mentally , emotionally and financially, in every way i feel like i have been put through a wringer, i have a lot of support from friends and family, and yet i still feel alone.
i am just rying to keep my mind in the here and now, and not think too far ahead, as that only brings me anxiety.
I am very thankful that i found this site and the friendship and support that it brings.
I wish you all a happy peaceful day in whatever you are doing.

P x

k9love
25-12-09, 12:01
Same here! feeling crap about my health issues and have mums funeral on Wednesday:weep:

MOJO
25-12-09, 12:08
I too have had the worst year of my life healthwise. Never did I think when this got bad just over a year ago that I would spend another Christmas still suffering. I have had lovely presents from my family but inside didn't even feel enthusiastic about them. I feel so guilty although of course they don't know. I put on my "normal" face.
I don't have to cook as my sister invited hubbie and me to have dinner with her family. I should be looking forward to it and I'm not...just really anxious. Not calming at all today, don't know why. Is it maybe just the pressure on us to "enjoy" the day? I just want to cry as I used to love everything about Christmas and so want to feel like I used to.
Sorry to rant but just needed to get how I feel off my chest to people who understand as I can't spoil Christmas for the family by telling them.
I hope you all enjoy Christmas as much as you can.
Love Judy.xxxx

unspoken
25-12-09, 12:35
I know some people are having it so much worse than me. I have my family around me and some of their friends coming so there will be 7 of us. I just can't feel the Christmas spirit though. I think it will be such a struggle to look like I'm enjoying myself and appreciating presents when I just want to crawl back into bed. It'll be my 3rd Christmas with IBS so having to pass on the chocolates and hardly eat any Christmas dinner.

:hugs: big hug to everyone, whether you're struggling with being alone or with being in company, Merry Christmas, and soon it'll all be over! I hope for better for all of us next year.

Meewah
25-12-09, 13:03
Hi All

Welcome to the peaceful Christmas Thread.....ah no hassel...no arguments...no crumy gifts....just bliss.

On a serious note I found a great article for all us lonley Xmaser's.

Enyoy....

http://goodlifezen.com/2009/12/23/how-not-to-be-lonely-this-xmas/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+goodlifezen%2FyQoz+%28Goodlif e+Zen%29

Mee

anx mum
25-12-09, 14:27
I too have had worst year ever health wise trying to put on a brave face for my boys but feel awful b glad when its all over. Also miss my mum so much she died 4 years ago around xmas time