PDA

View Full Version : bad back&globus hystericus/incapacity benefit

gargamel
25-12-09, 01:32
hello everyone,

i need a little piece of advice.i suffer from bad back as i had 3 car accidents in 12 months period,i was hit in a rear by another drivers.accidents took place between april 2006 and april 2007.i was diagnosed with whiplash.symptoms were pain in neck,headeche,pain in uper back and shoulders.i went twice for physio therapies.i still have problems with my back on and off.also i suffer from globus hystericus according to my gp and this is current.

my question is do i qualify for incapacity benefit?

thanks!

diane07
25-12-09, 01:33
Hi gargamel

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

fozzy is crying
25-12-09, 02:31
Incapacity benefit is for those to ill to work . But you ight be able to get Disability Living Allowance. You local council will have a social services team and part of that is there to help sort out what you can get and help you apply for it. All councils at county level have this. They are very good.

Gordon

Wolfie
25-12-09, 04:28
Hi Gargamel,

Welcome to NMP, you will find a heap load of information and support here. :)

Incapacity benefit is for those who are incapable of working. The injuries to your back must make you in someway incapable to work, because to be honest it sounds pretty fecking painful hunni. The only way to find out is to make a claim. x

Chrissy xx

KK77
26-12-09, 15:01
You would have to go for an examination in order to be able to claim this benefit once you've filled out the form (which they will usually do for you over the phone).

Based on the examination and level of disability they will then write to you to let you know if you qualify.

If you're unable to work because of your problems it's well worth applying for it.

Good luck.

gargamel
27-12-09, 00:59
thanks for your advises guys,i think i'll apply for it.don't know yet what but i'll visit social service team to discuss my options,as "fozzy" said.

will i need a letter from my gp explaining things??

Sparkie
27-12-09, 01:06
My mum has a bad case of osteoarthritis in her back and went for an examination to claim benefit and they based her exam on her metal health and disregarded her physical health, she has been waiting for her appeal for like 2+ months..... :lac:

So if you go ahead with it make sure they are basing it on the right thing.

Sparks.

gargamel
27-12-09, 01:41
My mum has a bad case of osteoarthritis in her back and went for an examination to claim benefit and they based her exam on her metal health and disregarded her physical health, she has been waiting for her appeal for like 2+ months..... :lac:

So if you go ahead with it make sure they are basing it on the right thing.

Sparks.

sorry for your mum sparkie.

i'll make sure i base mine on psyical health.

do i still need to mention globus hystericus as this is to do with anxiaty and it's part of different problem?

Sparkie
27-12-09, 01:48
Thanks.

Id imagine you should mention everything, my mom was scheduled for the physical but they asked her questions based on her mental health as well as a physical examination but appear to of completely disregarded the physical and based everything on the questions they asked her about how she copes with things mentally.

Good luck with everything hopefully you will get a competent person who knows what on earth they are doing lol.

Sparks.