PDA

View Full Version : Another new person here

weedblossom
25-12-09, 05:39
Hey guys, my name is Jayme and I'm brand new. I'm hoping that this forum is active and supportive; I've been on forums that were otherwise and it was quite disheartening. I posted a brief note on my profile about me and my constant friend. In a nutshell, I've been misdiagnosed in the past but my current (correct) diagnoses are Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, and Bulimia Nervosa (recovering, thank you, thank you). I take Buspar for anxiety and Wellbutrin for depression; and also Topamax for migraines (I know, right? - on top of everything else...). I'm pretty dysfunctional and on most days I feel like I'm barely making it - if I had my choice, I'd never leave the house. Unfortunately - or maybe, fortunately - my job is in the human services field and therefore it is impossible for me to sequester myself in the relative safety of my home. Therefore, every day is a struggle.

I've had a bad year though it was by no means the worst; I am back to living with my parents after 13 years and that's rough, though necessary. I'm hoping to be back on my feet soon and also trying not to be too pessimistic about my outlook on life. I start a new job that I'm excited about on January 18 and I think it will be a good thing for me, but it won't slay a lot of the monsters that plague me. It keeps me up at night. On that note, I could really use a Christmas miracle right now so any prayers, good thoughts, and positive energy would be appreciated.

Sorry, I get long-winded, I'll go away now. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas, happy holidays, and had a blessed Solstice. Good night.

diane07
25-12-09, 05:54
Hi weedblossom

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

eeyorelover
25-12-09, 05:55
Hi Jayme and welcome to the site!
NMP is very active and I know you will find loads of great new supportive friends here!
There is some really great info on the main page of the site that may be of interest to you :)

It's good that you are still getting out of the house and being active! Believe me locking yourself in the house when you feel like you are struggling is a trap in itself!
I was housebound for 4 years and still struggle sometimes with agoraphobia.

Sending thoughts and prayers your way on your new job and for a healthy and happy New Year!
xxx
Sandy

tnt808
25-12-09, 06:09
Hi Jayme- Welcome to the site. You will get loads of support here...I wish you a Merry Christmas- and good luck on your new job xx

Corinne
25-12-09, 15:52
Hi, Jayme,
This is such a wonderful forum. i've only been a member for a couple of days and the support has been fantastic.

Good luck on the new job. You have something great to look forward to. Have a Merry Christmas today!

fozzy is crying
25-12-09, 17:47
Hi Jayme a very big welcome.

You have found THE SITE for help and support. Everyone is so kind and caring here and the levels of support etc is outstanding.

Gordon

weedblossom
25-12-09, 19:39
Thanks for all the feedback and support (already!). Hello to you all and I look forward to getting to know everyone!