PDA

View Full Version : Twitching.

BestMate
25-12-09, 11:24
Please can someone advise me on this constant muscle twitching that I have been having for nearly one week now. I am an anxious person and have a big health worry with my son who who is quite ill with a chronic illness. This past week I have had this twitching all over and I am so worried that I have something serious going on. This morning I have woken to a facial muscle just below my lip twitching around every 5 to 10 seconds, driving me nuts to say the least.I googled it and it said that facial muscle twitching is a sign a of MS. So now I am scared. I get even more worried about my health because I am a carer to my son and he needs me. I have been taking magnesium supplement only for two days now to see if that helps. Has anyone else had this? I have not been the DR yet as I didn't want bad news over Christmas but now i'm thinking I want to go whatever he outcome.

diane07
25-12-09, 11:37
Hi BestMate

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Going home
25-12-09, 14:48
I've always had the twitches, usually in one of my eylids, but can get them in my lips too sometimes. The twitching in my eyes has gone on for months and months off and on. I might get it for a few weeks then nothing then again for another few weeks. Ive also noticed a twitch in my neck these last few weeks. My doc says its usually a sign of your state of mind, in other words muscle tension because of stress, which, if we are anxious people I guess we're constantly stressing about something. You sound like youve got alot to worry about with your son, so I would put these twitches down to that and nothing sinister.

from Going home xx

weedblossom
25-12-09, 15:12
I understand your worries concerning your son, since you're the primary caregiver; and the last thing that you want is bad news over Christmas. I do know that muscle twitches are very common with those of us who experience anxiety on a general scale. However, I would very much recommend that you go to a doctor to rule out any medical issues first. It could be something as simple as a vitamin deficiency which can be easily remedied. It doesn't sound like something to be overly concerned about, though. Blessings to you and your son.

BestMate
25-12-09, 16:00
Many thanks for taking the time to reply to me today. I am going to book a dr appointment hopefully to put my mind at rest. We had a big hospital app just before Christmas with my son and I worried myself silly before hand so could all be connected. I have had some mad things happen to my body through nerves so I should really be use to these things by now. Certainly could do without the extra worry though. Thanks again.