PDA

View Full Version : how did you all cope?

magic girl
25-12-09, 20:01
just wondering how everyone else got on today i think a fair few of us were really panicking about today.i was awake till 4.30 thismorning as my heart would'nt stop racing and the my little boy woke us up at 7.30 and i felt awful after opening presents i tried to eat some toast but could'nt swallow it and ended up visiting the out of hours g.p for some more diazapam as iv only got 4 left.i got home took one and fell asleep for an hour and then got up and got ready to go to my mum and dads i made it there and i did'nt spend the afternoon in their bedroom asleep but i could'nt eat any christmas dinner but i stayed all afternoon and im really pleased with my self but i started to feel panicky again as the diazapam wore off,iv just had a relaxing bath and managed to eat half a small bread roll and then come on here,i hope everyone else managed o.k :yesyes::yesyes:

Anxious_gal
25-12-09, 20:08
aw you did really well! it's good to know that the out of hours doctor's work on Christmas!
I was doing good up until 7, so that's not too bad!
cause I've the flu I keep panicking over health anxiety stuff......
was your little boy very excited this morning :-)
I think you did very well considering all the anxiety :-)

fozzy is crying
25-12-09, 20:09
Well if it had not been for this site I think I would have gone completely insane or worse. My day I thought was going to be my 4th Xmas totally alone and instead I have had countless people talking to me on Skype and my landline. Dozens of pms on here and all this from fellow members. Despite having no family and friends and totally housebound I feel so happy.

The founders and staff of this site deserve a medal. I wish I had come across it ages ago instead of only this last week.

Thank you again to all.

A very Merry Christmas and love to you all as well.

Gordon

MOJO
25-12-09, 21:17
So glad that you had the "company" of all those NMP members. This site is a lifesaver isn't it?
Unfortunately I had the worst day I have had for ages. Went to my sisters for dinner. It was lovely and I managed to eat some of it. Just felt so agitated, anxious and faint all day. I'm finally calming down a bit now but feel absolutely exhausted after being so uptight all day.
Scared about facing tomorrow now. I hope It's better than today.:weep:
I hope most of you got on better than I did.
Judy.x

Panic33
25-12-09, 21:38
Strangely: I've been fine for around 6weeks and have been looking forward to today, but for the first time in over 2months had panic attack this morning which I have no idea of what triggered. I can't think its anything to do with Christmas and I did wake with a cold ????

Going home
26-12-09, 01:22
Hi Magic Girl,

Good to hear you managed to get through the day better than you thought you would. Reading your post reminded me of the time...long time ago now...when i was taking tranquilsers too, and I didnt think they still gave them out long term, because of the anxiety problems associated with them. When you said you feel your anxiety returning after the diazipam wears off, this took me back to my day on them I must say. Do you mind me asking how long you've been taking them and what dosage are you on, or if you've had to keep increasing the dose?

Going home xx

magic girl
26-12-09, 10:45
i feel terrible thismorning my heart is racing,my arms and legs are tingly and numb and i feel strange and figity i think i may need the diazapam again i just want it to stop:weep::weep:

MOJO
26-12-09, 10:57
Hi Magic girl,

Sorry you are feeling bad today. It's not much help but just wanted you to know I still feel awful today too. Really agitated and off balance. Got to go out soon. Scared in case I fall over!!! I am not on medication. I may try a relaxation cd before I go. Do you have any? Sometimes they help, especially if you stick to doing it every day.
Hope you feel better later.
Judy.xx:hugs:

smudger
26-12-09, 11:17
Hi, so wanted to be my old self on xmas day. I had a house full of family but all I wanted to do was sit upstairs on my own. I didnt though!I have the BEST family and they dont deserve this side of me, especially my little girl n hubby.The guilt is awful.

Ella_Jayne
27-12-09, 00:35
I was OK on Christmas day, I didn't have much sleep the night before which made me think that xmas was going to be a day full of panic and anxiety but I surprised myself, I was fine. I didn't have any panic atacks or high states of anxiety. Just enjoyed the day.

But today was a different story, the whole family got together and an arguement broke out after a few hours and a few drinks. The day ended short and left me feeling anxious, I had a panic attack in the car on the way home but managed to control it pretty well.

All in all, I'm happy with myself, I usually love christmas but this year was my first one since I started having panic attacks, but thankfully it wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be. :)

magic girl
27-12-09, 20:44
this is the first christmas iv suffered this bad i usually love christmas and i feel iv let my family down especially my hubby and son and now im worried about my son going back to school i can't face all the other parents thats if my legs will carry me there i was fine a month ago i just hope adjusting my medication will help.i just hope you all had a better day today:bighug1::bighug1: