PDA

View Full Version : going potty

magic girl
26-12-09, 11:01
does anyone else on here think they are going to go mad and have a nervous breakdown or end up being sectioned.i do regulaly and i often wish i could be hospitalised or sectioned so i could get myself sorted out once and for all and also i never feel safe at home i think i will feel safer in hospital:weep::weep:

smudger
26-12-09, 11:13
Absolutely. It happened to my Dad n his Mum, its inevitable! At least that how I feel at my worst. At my best I have my sensible head on and it doesnt have to be this way but sometimes I actually WANT it to happen so that this is sorted once n for all with as little effort from me as possible. Im sick n tired of trying to be the old me and failing. Where's fairy godmother when I need her! u sound like you need help from A N OTHER. U r not alone feeling this way so no u r not mad, I think its when u dont realise u r mad that u r mad, does that make sense or am I rambling?Im new on this forum christmas has taken its toll so Im sorry if I am rambling. I truly wish you all the best.

june
26-12-09, 11:34
:hugs:Have you read any of the info on left of screen? or read Claire Weeks 'Essential help for your nerves'??:hugs:
Panic and anxiety leave us all feeling as if we are going mad:weep:it is not a subject we can discuss with others (except on here:yesyes:))

Lots of people will start of by saying "oh, i know how bad you must be feeling, (NO they don't - they have not got the slightest notion ))but you must try and pull your self together" as if we can just say OK I am better now....
Don't try to read toooo much info at once:ohmy:look thro the index and find what relates to how you feel:yesyes: then you might realise that you are not alone with your awful feelings.
I went to an Anxiety management group and I was SHOCKED at the people who suffered panic - as we sat in the waiting room i was wondering what these smart confident people were doing here OH MY when i heard there stories - i realised i was not so stupid......or as ill as i thought i was....
Best wishes
June
:hugs:

Maj
26-12-09, 12:14
It's such a common thing when in the grip of panic thinking you're going mad - many of us have been there. As Claire Weekes says: we can almost see ourselves being carried off............!! You're not alone thinking this. The positive point of this is that if you were "mad" you probably wouldn't even be aware of ill you actually were. It is very easy in the thick of anxiety to feel overwhelmed but lots of people here will have felt the same, and come through it. Keep in touch with this site, and also your doctor, who should be able to help you through it.
Myra:hugs:

Panic33
26-12-09, 13:36
Been there, it's awful. I've posted on here about it before, it even says on the nhs website that people who at actually 'mad' don't think they are. They can see it in others but not themselves, thus the fact you think you are, probably means you are not.

Idstain
26-12-09, 16:45
this is very common :)

it's been seven weeks since GAD and panic first exploded on to the scene for me and it has been a hell of a battle. i was doing so well but seem to have taken a pretty big step back over xmas.

this fear is just another part of anxiety, you'll get through it :)

Jellie
27-12-09, 11:08
Ooh i just posted about this.. it is really scary for sure :-( Glad to know am not alone though :hugs:

magic girl
27-12-09, 21:12
im glad you lot understand me this site is a godsend i got so desperate thismorning i rang the emergency mental health team in tears and begged them to help me i bet in a couple of months time i will look back and feel like a bit of a pillock but the lady i spoke to was lovely and she is going to contact my psciatrist so she can see me as soon as possible:)

phil06
28-12-09, 23:01
It does worry me going mad. Like how some people need to go to rehab. One time I was anxious I had to go upto the hospital lucky I was ok.

It just crossed my mind what if I go mad, that's like your life over almost if you lost your mind?

It does worry me a little..:blush: