PDA

View Full Version : Just Want to Feel Normal, cant relax

jackie13
26-12-09, 18:11
Hi All

I have been ok since Summer, but on the 23rd my anxiety hit me big time, guess it was xmas, got worse on xmas eve and totally disappeared yesterday. However, this morning it was back again! I just don't feel like I am part of anything anymore. I have a huge brick in my chest and have to keep taking deep breaths.

I made myself go out and play golf today and was ok for a while but then kept thinking, yes you are having a nice time now, but it will be dark soon and you will have to go back home! This is crazy as my husband says I have nothing to be anxious about, but I bloody am!!

Is this just a blip?

Any helpful words would be appreciated.

Jackie xx

Sweetpea6
26-12-09, 18:38
Hi All

I have been ok since Summer, but on the 23rd my anxiety hit me big time, guess it was xmas, got worse on xmas eve and totally disappeared yesterday. However, this morning it was back again! I just don't feel like I am part of anything anymore. I have a huge brick in my chest and have to keep taking deep breaths.

I made myself go out and play golf today and was ok for a while but then kept thinking, yes you are having a nice time now, but it will be dark soon and you will have to go back home! This is crazy as my husband says I have nothing to be anxious about, but I bloody am!!

Is this just a blip?

Any helpful words would be appreciated.

Jackie xx

Jackie,

Considering you have been ok since the summer, I reckon this will just have been a random (yet very annoying!) attack of the jitters...probably brought on by the stresses of Christmas, unfortunately! Remember, you recovered last time, and can do the same too this time around.

It will pass.

Sweetpea.

Maj
26-12-09, 23:11
Jackie this is just a wee setback and it'll pass. And remember, every setback we have, coming through it makes us stronger. Let's face it, Christmas isn't all tinsel and turkey, it's hard work!! I've felt the same the past couple of days but think many of us have.
Myra:hugs:

jackie13
27-12-09, 07:52
Hi Guys

Thanks so much for your kind words. I am up and down like a bloody yo-yo. One minute I feel positive and the next really negative and it seems such a battle to fight the bad thoughts. I try to keep telling myself "keep it real", "you are not going to be ill like last time".

I think my worst thing at the moment is the dark mornings and nights, as I am sure this affects the majority of people in the UK. I went to bed at 10.30 pm last night and woke at 6.50 this morning, solid sleep no dreams, no meds taken, but when I woke up "bam" that feeliing of dread hit me! Tried to get on top of it, took my daily 20mg of Citalopram and waiting for it to calm down, feel wired all the time.

Jackie xx

jackie13
27-12-09, 09:56
Time to think ....

In the 90's went away with my sister on holiday, left my then boyfriend and house for a week, first day ok, second day "bam" panic and anxiety for a full week, never ate, never slept and cried, never had this before.

Involved in the Asian Tsumani, well, not directly, but I was living in Thailand for 4 months about 100 miles away and could not take my eyes off the TV everyday. Suffered major panic and stress and wanted to come home, I felt it was because I felt I was no use, just sunbathing everyday, no routine.

3 years ago, over indulged at Xmas, drank way too much, admitted to a centre, put on Citalopram. Had little blips about twice a year since that last about 2 weeks.

Could any of these be related to PMS? Everytime I feel severe anxiety coming on again, my mind relates straight back to these bad times, and the feelings that we all know of "I can't cope", "impeding doom"!

I think what I am trying to say is that can PMS be caused by bad times in your life, feeling wise as opposed to event wise? Yours views would be appreciated.

Jackie xx

magic girl
27-12-09, 21:23
my panic and anxiety came back with vengance last tuesday and i was doing o.k till then then bang im a wreck again my physiciatrist uped my meds and gave me some diazapam to get me through christmas i don't think it helps that the doctors are shut till tuesday.

andrea thompson
27-12-09, 21:40
hiya hon..
i have also been having a blip. christmas is a funny time of year. pressure from every direction. just try to relax. give yourself time. thats what i am doing... plenty of things i enjoy, surrounding myself with people that care and understand or at least try to understand.

take care

andrea x x