PDA

View Full Version : another newbie

berryman
26-12-09, 19:16
hi all
im ian 46 years old
1st came across NMP in june when looking for answers to a racing heart, breathlessness and dizziness and came to the conclusion i was having panic attacks, thankfully they have passed now but i am now worried by a new set of symptoms. im not sure they arent due to a sports injury but for the passed few day ive had sore neck and shoulders and a slight numbness in my left hand
ive had my blood pressure checked which is averaging 132/82 which while its a little high shouldnt be cause for concern
feel ive spent most of the last 6 months stressed as my wife had to have a major op earlier this year, i survived a redundancy cull at my place of work but what really knocked me for 6 was the sudden death of of a very close friend ive known for over 40 years from a heart attack
suddenly thoughts of death have become all consuming
cant wait to get a gp appointment early next week to see whats going on

diane07
26-12-09, 19:18
Hi berryman

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

berryman
26-12-09, 20:03
thanks for the welcome:)

Veronica H
27-12-09, 21:40
:welcome:Berrryman. your anxiety levels must have been very high considering all that you have been through recently and therefore your nerves have become sensitised. It is hard to believe that anxiety can cause such powerful symptoms.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Veronicax

berryman
30-12-09, 23:27
thanks for the heads up veronica, i will definately look into it

Southern_Belle
02-01-10, 16:05
Hi Berryman,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support. You have had a lot of stresses in the last year and especially the death of such a close friend. I would definately read the book and have a talk with your GP. So glad you found us.

Best wishes,

Laura