PDA

View Full Version : Really im struggling

anx mum
26-12-09, 20:42
As im writing this i feel really anxious and panicky:weep: HA is takin over my life really have had enough trying 2 b strong for my boys. My pulse is racing and i feel so dizzy its horrible just really want to b normal

pollyanna
26-12-09, 21:14
Aw hun, i know how you feel, i really do, your boys need you, i know how hard it is not to add anxiety to anxiety, cos then it just all spirals out of control, and it makes you feel truely awful.
is there anything that makes you feel better, i find that trying to keep my mind even for a short time on something else helps, even though my concentration is not great, i try doing wordsearch puzzles, or playing a game in the arcade, anything to try and get my mind focused on something else.
It will get better, although i know it doesnt feel like it just now, , we are all here for you,

P x :hugs:

anx mum
26-12-09, 21:16
Thank u feel like a yo yo ok for abit then bk 2 square one. Just had some diazpam to calm me feel so anxious hate living like this.

Corinne
26-12-09, 21:24
Oh, hun, you bring me back many years. I can remember saying the same things you are saying. I just wanted to all right for my girls. They are now grown with families of their own, and I'm still here!

When I first became anxious, the first signs were dizziness and a racing pulse. I've read that you must keep hydrated or your pulse will increase. Try to sit and drink a big glass of water -- but don't gulp it. You don't want to be sick to your stomach. Sit and sip at it. I have a three swallow rule. LOL I take three swallows, wait a minute or so and drink three more. It may sound stupid, but it does help. Also, could you lie down and raise your feet? This is what I do when my pulse races even now many many years later. I also use the EFT program which is easy to learn and does help.

I know how you feel. I've been there and I've survived. I'm going through some issues now, but I'm trying hard to overcome them as I'm sure you are.

I know I'm new here, but I just wanted to throw a few suggestions out. I hope you'll try them and they will help take the edge off. You will rise above this.

Hugs to you!

anx mum
26-12-09, 21:27
thank u x

skippy66
26-12-09, 21:51
Seriously, watch this three times, the higher the volume the better, and it is guaranteed to make you feel better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR3YsEvx_jQ

Sing along with it, and sing it to your anxiety, like you want your anxiety to kill you, or to put it better, like you want it to do its worst - you will cope with it. It WILL feel stupid at first and like it's not helping, but by the second time you will be feeling better and by the third you will be feeling strong as an ox, causing the anxiety to fade away.

You need to hit it straight on, not cower away from it - this is the way to beat it.

Please just try it.

anx mum
26-12-09, 21:57
Thanks skippy that really cheered me up was funny:)

Tomimo
26-12-09, 22:07
I don't have the magic answer but just wanted to reply to your post to say that i've felt that way before and am still alive to tell the tale.

I keep telling myself that too over the last few days as having a bad patch. I hope the medication helps you to feel calm.

T x

Maj
26-12-09, 22:42
I really feel for you, it's rotten when you feel like this - you don't want to feel like this all the time. It will pass again though. I felt a bit anxious earlier today and went into the kitchen and put a new cd on my son bought me for Christmas. The music was great and I was dancing about the kitchen and I can honestly say that I felt better after it (even though at my age I probably looked ridiculous!) Put on some really catchy dance music and just let it go!! Things like this definitely destress you and you're actually doing something for yourself. I hope you feel better soon.
Myra:hugs: