PDA

View Full Version : Hi There.....

Sparkie
27-12-09, 00:42
I have only recently built up the confidence to try and seek help for my anxiety issues and panic attacks and my doctor is being very helpful.

Anxiety has effected my life for as long as I can remember and I'm fed up of missing out on so much and having no friends and nobody to talk to or relate to.

I look forward to chatting to you and hopefully I can help you and you can help me.

I'm hoping I can make some new friends here and we can bounce off each other to try and push through the problems we have and enjoy life.

Anxiety has held me down and made me do silly things to avoid situations I find extremely difficult but are basic things for other people. I remember back when I was in school I was so scared to go I would leave in the morning with my bag etc and hide behind our garden shed for 3+ hours until my dad went to work then id go back inside the house. Or id go into the countryside and sleep in a field....lol

That was many years ago and things have not improved for me they have in fact gotten worse as the time has gone on now I have major issues with my anxiety when just speaking on the phone or answering my front door is a ordeal......I'm hoping now I am addressing the problem and facing it I can start to move forward.

There you know a little something about me, sorry for the long read and thanks to those who actually read it all.

Cheers,

Sparks.

diane07
27-12-09, 00:45
Hi Sparkie

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Sparkie
27-12-09, 00:47
Hey, thanks for the fast response and warm welcome Diane I hope you had a good Christmas.

Sparks.

Maj
27-12-09, 12:37
Hello Sparkie, Welcome to NMP. You've done the right thing joining. You'll read posts from people who feel exactly like you and this in itself will reassure and comfort you. I felt a lump in my throat when I read about you explaining what it was like as a child, hiding. It's just awful when you feel like this and experiences like this never leave you, but you can learn to put them in the background and get on with your life. It's all about learning to accept your feelings of anxiety and not being afraid of them, and living your life. Regarding speaking on the phone and answering your door - you are a very important person and deserve to be listened to - it's not a one-sided relationship with people. It doesn't happen overnight, but it can happen. There is lots of information on this site which you should read. Can I also suggest reading one of Claire Weekes books. If you read this, highlight any paragraphs that give you an instant feeling of hope, and read it over and over again, you can see light at the end of the tunnel. You deserve a decent life and have made the first step. It can only get better with time and acceptance.
Myra:hugs:

Sparkie
27-12-09, 13:52
Thanks guys, Myra you are completely correct with what you are saying. I am trying my best to move forward I have hunted down quotes which inspire me and will check out the book you suggested though I rarely read books.

I think the problem on the phone and when answering the door is the uncomfortable silences when I am unable to carry on a conversation or I don't understand what they are asking and I look like an idiot. :blush:

Thank you for the support and advice I do appreciate it.

Sparks.

Vanilla Sky
27-12-09, 15:16
Hi Sparkie :) Welcome to NMP, you will get support here . ome along and see us in chat, hope to see you in there :welcome: Love Paige x

Sparkie
27-12-09, 17:09
Hi Sparkie :) Welcome to NMP, you will get support here . ome along and see us in chat, hope to see you in there :welcome: Love Paige x

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Sparks.

Corinne
27-12-09, 17:26
I've only been on this forum for a few days, and the support I've been given is beyond belief! You've come to the right place, Sparks. The members are phenomenal.

Sparkie
27-12-09, 19:23
I've only been on this forum for a few days, and the support I've been given is beyond belief! You've come to the right place, Sparks. The members are phenomenal.

Yeah its a really great place to make some new friends and get some support I have been here for a day and already feel a lot better and have spoken to some very nice people.

Sparks.

Veronica H
27-12-09, 21:32
:welcome:Sparkie. You will find comfort and support here. Glad you have found us.

Veronica