PDA

View Full Version : My fear of fainting is taking over my life..

MissJennayee
27-12-09, 06:39
Last month I suddenly got this undying fear of fainting. I have actually fainted once around 3 years ago due to low blood pressure, but it was terrifying and I guess I kind of forgot about it until lately. Every time I feel hot or my stomach is upset I automatically panic like crazy because those are the things I've felt beforehand. It's become a problem to the point where I'm agoraphobic now and I'm afraid of doing anything, including showering ( don't worry, I still do daily ) but like, come on if you fainted in the shower/BATH more than likely you'd drown.
I've seen my Dr. and she has no answers but Prozac which I started taking around a week ago along with Valium but I haven't gotten much luck out of it.
Does anyone else have this fear? I am so scared and just don't have anyone to talk to :weep:

fozzy is crying
27-12-09, 06:44
hi young lady,

You do have someone to talk to. Talk to me. pm me Skype me or I will give you my msn.

Gordon

ali29
29-12-09, 21:51
Me too..i know exactly how you feel. Fainting terrifies me so much it often prevents me from going out...going shopping for example i hate it constantly terrified i will faint in the shop or throw up.
If you pm me your msn we could talk on there hun xxx