PDA

View Full Version : NMP Slimming Club - All welcome!

Pages : [1] 2

HelenS70
27-12-09, 10:49
Hello All,

I decided (and many agreed) that we should start an online slimming club not only because the festive season has (nearly) past but also due to the fact that many of us are on medications which weightgain is one of the side effects. Yes I find myself reaching for that bag of crisps/bar of chocolate even if I am not hungry.

To lose weight successfully is to do it slowly, no tricks but with that bit of willpower we still might have.

I had an idea that we could give each other tips on what works for us, post some exercises, recipes or even handy tools from websites.

The main thing is to stay positive in this, if you fail one day just pick up the next we are not pointing fingers and putting each other down... NO! We are here for each other as a team!

Let's make 2010 our year to learn to love ourselves and feel better... come to terms with what we have to deal with and just try and live a little more and be happy :bighug1:

To us:yesyes:

Maj
27-12-09, 12:02
I've just eaten a huge fry-up, so when does it start?!!! That sounds great to me. I really need to lose weight and would be interested in taking part. Not only that, it really does wonders for your self esteem if you lose a bit of weight. You start feeling good about yourself. So count me in.
Myra:hugs::yesyes:

HelenS70
27-12-09, 12:07
Hello Myra, welcome to the group... we all love food (if we didn't we wouldn't be in this situation lol)

I think the best time to start is the new year, turning over new leaf etc. :winks:

Hugs,

Helen :yesyes:

Slothette
27-12-09, 13:12
Hi Helen.....I'd like to join in. I'd just like to eat a bit better and improve my diet.....less chocolate and more fruit.

Also I'd like to do more exercise and feel a bit better.

Lex xx

DeMac
27-12-09, 13:25
Id so love to Join this wee club Helen but ive got a lot going on in the 1st 12wks of the new yr - I would like to wish all of u who do join all the success in the world - keep me posted on the progess please..

Good Post Helen

Luv Dee :hugs:

HelenS70
27-12-09, 13:28
aww Thanks Dee, you are welcome to join anytime you wish... there is no limit and no stress with this diet :D

marie1974
27-12-09, 13:28
hi i used to do lots of exercise and overcome depression through doing lots, i am determined to get back to where i was few yrs ago and start doing jogging or dvd in doors 5 times a week, it certanly made me more positive and much happier.

i started this morning doing my nell mac andrew dvd, i recommend this if you are serious about exercise, it is hard work but has fab results. hugs all

HelenS70
27-12-09, 13:33
Thanks Donna, having you join us would be a great support for us when we start in the new year!

I don't have masses to lose, just a couple of stone but as you know they can be the stubborn ones. I am not aiming for size 0, I want to keep my female curves :blush:

Going home
27-12-09, 13:47
I'd love to do this since its difficult for me to go out and join a club or a gym. I think for me the weight gain is a combination of my medication (though my doctor isn't entirely convinced of this but i'm sure it has slowed my system down) going through the menopause (have read that the fat that settles around the middle at this time in our lives, is practically imovable as the body tries to hang onto it because there's oestrogen in fat) and being in the house most days means I don't get as much exercise as I used to. But I think my eating habits aren't too bad really, so it must be the wine then :D

My daughter-in-law bought me an exercise dvd for xmas which isn't too strenuous but is good for starters I think and the few times ive tried it I can definately feel it. :chairfall:

So what do we have to do to be part of the diet club?

Going home xx

june
27-12-09, 14:04
:hugs:I shall be watching to see what you are doing, befor i join you:blush:
I am going to physio at the moment and i cannot believe how UNFIT i am,
I get out of breath soooo easily and it scares me so i do not go so far and then i sit down more often.
Then the ""i can't be bothered"" sets in and that is VERY hard to come out of.:weep:
Just 3mins of step ups and i am done.

:yesyes:I think your idea is terrific - well done:yesyes:
Best wishes
June
:hugs:

HelenS70
27-12-09, 14:49
Hello June and Going Home, Welcome to the 'healthy board' I don't plan anything too strenuous when it comes to exercise because many of us have underlying issues and struggles. I am not qualified to be a dietician or fitness instructor but I have done both for years and succeeded in the past but I always find myself back at a point where my clothes are feeling tight and I am too tight (in the purse) to go out and buy new. This time I can blame the meds yay! lol

I first want to get some members together then we can draw up a plan what suits us all. We all have different patterns so it's just a case of working around what suits you!

I eat 3 meals a day but when I am on nightshift I can manage 2 for instance so my meal plan will be suited to those who do the same sort of shifts.

I promise it isn't going to be a stressful diet, we are all at a different place right now and the last thing we need is to have more stresses and strains. Also please take no notice of the 'fashionista's' the magazines (airbrushing) and other body images. We are here together to feel better in our skin whether you want to lose a few pound or a few stone. No one is judging if they do they have me to deal with mwahahahaha :winks:

marie1974
27-12-09, 17:29
hiya and thankyou i think this thread was a great idea, well u know if u don't feel u have the confidence to go out and exercise as yet, u can do what i did, i found loads of exercise vids and dvds in local charity shops and off ebay etc, all very cheap and did them indoors with curtains shut, huffing and puffing like a train hehe, but after a few months of doing something every day i felt i had more confidence and started power walking and even jogging, i got so toned so quick and felt fab.

anyone can do this and it is a struggle at first but please persevere, cos after a few weeks of pushing yourself to do this when u really dont want to, u will really start to feel better in all ways and it did cure my depression too and got me off my meds for good. hugs and if anyone wants to pm me they can. hugs xxx

magpie girl
27-12-09, 17:43
both me and my partner will join in as i have 3 stones to shed:blush::blush::blush:id like to blame it all on my meds but i think the fact im a chocoholic might be to blame aswell.:D:D:D ive got myself a rowing machine and a air walker so theres no excuses for me.

Sweetpea6
27-12-09, 17:50
DONNA- I got the Nell McAndrew DVD for Christmas! Yay! I actually can't wait to use it. And I got the '10 minute belly fat blast off' DVD (seriously!) Looking forward to blasting off some belly flab.

Sweetpea6
27-12-09, 17:53
Helen,

What a great idea. I'd like to be semi-involved, if that's an option?! I'm gonna get back on track with my workout DVDs again, so will keep you posted on my progress. They're great for any agoraphobics out there- you don't even have to leave your own home!

Alisonj
27-12-09, 18:07
count me in!!! I have no idea how much a stone is but I would like to lose 10 pounds

marie1974
27-12-09, 18:20
DONNA- I got the Nell McAndrew DVD for Christmas! Yay! I actually can't wait to use it. And I got the '10 minute belly fat blast off' DVD (seriously!) Looking forward to blasting off some belly flab.

oh thats great, i love her stuff, because she is really into getting fit and healthy and she is not just one of those celebs making a keepfit vid, she really is into that, let me know how u get on. :hugs:

HelenS70
27-12-09, 18:25
Hello All thank you all for such wonderful replies... I couldn't have imagined how this thread would turn out due whats wrong with us but this is a success already! I am currently typing this while my bowl of chunky veg and chicken soup with massive parsley dumplin cools down and yes I have more stodge to follow after, treacle pudding with custard! I might even have some more quality street lol if there is room.

So as you see, I really do love my food hence why I have a few stone to lose but girls (and boys) let's keep it sensible, do it for you so you feel good and not to follow some fashion like the skinny look. I love stocky built man and a curvy womanly figure on a woman. It shows good health!

All welcome :hugs:

marie1974
27-12-09, 18:27
Hello All thank you all for such wonderful replies... I couldn't have imagined how this thread would turn out due whats wrong with us but this is a success already! I am currently typing this while my bowl of chunky veg and chicken soup with massive parsley dumplin cools down and yes I have more stodge to follow after, treacle pudding with custard! I might even have some more quality street lol if there is room.

So as you see, I really do love my food hence why I have a few stone to lose but girls (and boys) let's keep it sensible, do it for you so you feel good and not to follow some fashion like the skinny look. I love stocky built man and a curvy womanly figure on a woman. It shows good health!

All welcome :hugs:

curvy is great and well done doing this thread :hugs:, i still eat goodies and what i fancy, i just cut my portions with everything and eat more veg and exercise too. xx

Slothette
27-12-09, 18:28
God I need to blast off some belly flab...lol.....is the Nell McAndrew dvd ok for a beginner?....I don't want to end up in casualty on oxygen :roflmao:

marie1974
27-12-09, 18:34
God I need to blast off some belly flab...lol.....is the Nell McAndrew dvd ok for a beginner?....I don't want to end up in casualty on oxygen :roflmao:

LOL u might need something abit easier for beginners as it does leave u needing a lie down :D

a good one to start with would b Davina Macall's half hour workouts, my friend does this 4 times a week and has been for a few months and she loves it.:hugs:

Slothette
27-12-09, 18:57
I'd better start with Davina then....I'll have a look and see if Amazon have it xx

marie1974
27-12-09, 18:59
I'd better start with Davina then....I'll have a look and see if Amazon have it xx

yes amazon or ebay are pretty good with those sort of things, i got my dvd from ebay new and still in its wrapping for £3-00 and no postage :)

Slothette
27-12-09, 19:15
oooh I love a bargain....I'll try ebay too :)

Maj
27-12-09, 20:32
I think I'll go swimming again. Last time I did this I lost weight and it really lifted my mood. It's just the thought of baring yourself in a swimming costume after a while - I'd hate the pool attendant to phone Greenpeace!!!:roflmao:
Myra

Slothette
27-12-09, 23:35
lol@ Greenpeace......havent been swimming for ages. Maybe I will tone up a bit first and then go to the pool....don't want to scare the children. :roflmao:

onceagain
28-12-09, 00:22
Hi June

Just have to say don't knock yourself the stepper is one of the toughest cardio workouts at a gym so if you are doing 3 minutes then cool ....

I am interested in joining, I used to eat very little and it seems that I am constantly hungry and never cease to be munching on something all through the day and night x

eeyorelover
28-12-09, 06:04
count me in!!! I have no idea how much a stone is but I would like to lose 10 pounds

There are 14 pounds in a stone.
I googled :)
LOL

I would also like to join but won't be sharing how much I need to lose!
Let's just say I have a spare tire to get rid of.......and a bumper.....but it seems when I lose any weight it only comes off my headlights!!!
BAHAHA

I'm starting weight watchers after the first but would like to be involved with this for the support of people who know about how hard to is to be anxious and not start stuffing oneself!
*Sigh*
;)
xxx
Sandy

Alisonj
28-12-09, 06:24
My biggest issue is I was unable to go to the gym for many weeks after my hysterectomy and it also made my anxiety and depression worse so I decided to eat and eat alot! I normally follow a Clean Eating diet, which is basically no boxed or frozen foods, lots of fresh food. But I ended up eating all the bad stuff again :( So I have to have yet another surgery in Feb and I wont be able to go to the gym again for about 2 months as its on my foot :( So I want to get back in decent shape before the surgery and stay strong and not let the surgery drive me back into bad eating habits. I am not sure if its available in the UK but Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred works awesome if you want a DVD for home.

Brianthesnail
28-12-09, 12:55
hi helen . like to jiont all of you all ,i trying lost weight. i gess that like all will start on the one of 1/1/2010. if so please let he no? and how we are all going about it? thank again for setting it up. hope all do well. brian

HelenS70
28-12-09, 14:30
Hello and Welcome to you all, this is a fantastic turnout and I have a feeling we will succeed this together, eventhough we all have different medications and ailments, schedules and lifestyles we will do this... first rule is of course positive attitude and second, do not make this a chore, let's make it enjoyable.. Hell, if we are that good we might get famous lol for best diet in the world! :roflmao:

We do start on the first but due to the fact that lots will be still celebrating as we go into the new year we are going to do just one meal portion controlled and the rest is up to you. I want to build it slowly so our bodies can get used to eating a different way. I hope this isn't too confusing. I will show you how I am going to go about my first day because I won't be doing any late night partying and bingeing.

Breakfast: porridge for me, it is my favourite breakfast, it is slow release and it doesn't contain salt

snack can be a biscuit of choice or a piece of fruit

Lunch this is where I get really fussy because I am not hungry but I might have a slice of wholemeal toast with some jam or if I have some soup I choose that.

I don't snack in the afternoon. You may have something if you fancy but try not to go over 100cals, go for a breakfast bar or a miniature chocolate.

Dinner is most important because we must eat our veg for all you vegetarians out there you will have to come up with something of an alternative, you must have your protein somehow.
I grill meats and fish, steam my veg but now that we are still stuck in winter time, I make a stew, casserole, soup.

I will start a seperate recipe thread so you can either add one of your own or one that you saw on a website/book (I don't know how the administrators go about copyright laws we will soon find out)

As for fitness, good luck finding suitable exercise. I have my guide to body toning book by womans fitness but I also plan on getting a pedometer for my nintendo DSi and do plenty of walking (my psychiatrist will be thrilled).

I can't stress enough, this is not going to be torture, you don't have to starve yourself we do it slowly. Also you don't have to weigh in or show measurements keep a little diary for yourself with a chart. I will do some search for some tools for us to use.

That's all for now friends, have a nice evening :bighug1:

ijustagirl
28-12-09, 14:54
Hello Helen, i would love to join your slimming club.i have put on so much weight since my accident and i cant do martial arts anymore and dont go out much, this site is a god send and really helps me.so if others are in the same situation and want to slim like i do, what a great idea you have..we can all get slim togther and share the exsperince..sam x

HelenS70
28-12-09, 15:15
Welcome Sam, We can support each other, motivate each other and in general get the weight off at a good steady pace.

One thing I would like to add is certain addictions we might have which makes us bulk out just that bit more. I am talking about fizzy drinks and sugar... all empty calories so if you have any of these addictions come and talk to me. I used to drink a couple litres of coke a day plus had two sugars in my tea/coffee and I broke the habit! Sweeteners and diet coke isn't an option either sorry, they aren't good for you! Don't make me point my finger :roflmao:

weeble40
28-12-09, 17:26
hey all, I have a few qualifications in nutrition and health if I can be any of assistance to anyone give me a shout xxxxxxxxxx

HelenS70
28-12-09, 17:33
Weeble this is fantastic news :yesyes: all we need now is a fitness instructor to post some videos on how to do the excersises (preferbly someone like Bob Harper from Biggest Loser) mmmmmm *drool* :yahoo:

kazzie
28-12-09, 18:56
I cant join in sadly cos I need to put on weight:lac:

However having once weighed 20 stone plus I would love to offer you all the help and support I can:yesyes:

No one ask how I did it either........I made myself very ill and was nearly crippled for life

However the right approach seems to be here little by little:yesyes:

Cant wait for the success stories soon:yahoo:

Good Luck guys

Kaz x x x:hugs:

marie1974
28-12-09, 22:21
hi all, well this is my 2nd day of doing my exercise workout, today i put on my ipod and jogged on spot for half hour, although its important to start slow to warm up and build up, then slow down for mins or so after.

i feel really good and determined to keep going, i must add i did eat pizzhut pizza tonight lol, but i not going to deprive myself if i am exercising and burning calories, but i do quite often just cut my portion size and use healthier options with food.

hope everyone doing ok, hugs xxx

yorkylover
29-12-09, 00:23
I think its a brilliant idea.I started cutting back a month before christmas and started walking further with my dog,but I have a problem with my foot and the podiatrist has told me to back on the walking,and it needs to be rested.So Im thinking of getting my bike out:ohmy:

I could do with losing 2 stone,I lost a stone few years back with help from a nutritionist as I had a candida problem,I was on a yeast free diet for 3 months and lost the stone but the diet was very drastic.

I feel very sluggish at the mo!!!!:weep:

I usually have porridge in the morning,very light lunch and a cooked tea.But My worst problem is picking!!!!!!:lac:

Lets go for it!!!!!!!!:yesyes:

kath135
29-12-09, 01:10
Oh cant wait i've gained 11 pound since I started taking citalopram in May.

Just.A.Girl.x
29-12-09, 10:04
Hello Helen and All other slimmers hehe,

I would love to join!! I would like to lose about 2 stones..or a dress size..not sure how much weight that is!

I have a Wii so plan to use that for my exercise...just purchased EA Activ which will be delivered this week...I love exercise..my downfall is eating...HELP PLEASE!! I am a chocolate muncher...I am addicted to sugar so any help with that will be greatful!!

Well looking forward to this =)

1st Jan here we come!!

Candy xxxxx

marie1974
29-12-09, 11:10
hi candy, the wii is great for fitness, i have done the jogging and the yoga is brill too for toning and posture etc. i am a sugar freak and find it hard to cut it out, i still have a sugar dose every day, but exercising for half hour aday, something that gets all the bits moving like jogging will burn lots of calories, so u can still have a few treats, i would never give up everything lol. xx ps i put on my ipod and jump about and jog up and down indoors and dance silly for half hour, its surprizing what u can lose and how quick. xxx

BabyRachel
29-12-09, 11:39
Hi Helen x

Id like to join :) I don't need to slim down but I could definatly exercise more (cos I don't do any at all!) and eat healthier!

It was actually my new years resolution to go for a walk every morning if i can manage it :)

xxxx

Just.A.Girl.x
29-12-09, 12:01
Yeah Rach...you should be giving us some tips as you are the slim one :P x

HelenS70
29-12-09, 12:48
Hello All of you, I am at work at the moment but I found this nifty little tool, it looks easy to use (for those who use microsoft doc.) Just download it and see how you get on with it. I have also included a weight converter and I am sure you all have a tape measure! :) This document you save to your computer documents and you don't have to tell any of us, it is for you to see your own progress and it will motivate you to do better the next week if you had a little more than a snack!

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010219651033.aspx?CategoryID=CT101443491033#&AxInstalled=1&c=0

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/body_weight/weight_converter.htm

Speak to you all soon xxxxx

Just.A.Girl.x
29-12-09, 13:08
Saved the spreadsheet...its very good :) Ready to be used on 01/01/2010 :) xx

HelenS70
29-12-09, 13:18
Great but I just remembered, I don't have a scales lol :doh: I will have to order one from Argos or something... I have no idea to how much I weigh the clothes are still the same size just a wee bit tighter! Ho hum... whatever next aye? :whistles:

BabyRachel
29-12-09, 13:24
Awwww hun your too kind!! calling me the thin one!! lol. I may be thin but i am SOOO unfit! I have lots to learn too!xx

HelenS70
30-12-09, 10:12
You have a day and a half to really pig out oink oink lol I hope you all have your scales, I am going to be brave and get one today. I might do a little shopping too.

Later on I will list a few things that go with this health regime but for now, come on troups enjoy your binge fest.... I am going to have Pizza with lashings of cheese and finish it off with a triple chocolate muffin yummmmmmm stodge galore! :roflmao:

bomberbeamish
30-12-09, 10:21
great post helen, i would love to join, i will keep an eye on this post, i aint be on much over xmas but will soon be on daily again soon xxxx

Annabelle
30-12-09, 13:13
hi all

im so glad im not alone - i started a new med in oct and have put on 2 stone in 3 months and needless to say i feel like crap and none of my clothes fit! so im in with this one! I already go to the gym but its the eating part thats the problem - i overeat for 2 reasons 1st because the med is an appetite stimulant (great!) and secondly because im so scared if i havent eaten i will pass out - so i just eat and eat to make sure i dont - so any tips on getting over that little phobia?!
I have started to write down what i eat every day so i can see where im slipping up and where i can make changes - oh an davina's superbody workout is ace - you can download it from itunes for £4 something if you dont want to buy the dvd - its knakering but you feel good afterwards.

consider this my official signing up post! lets get this done!
anna xxx

HelenS70
30-12-09, 13:34
Hello all back again, welcome to our group to those who have just noticed (bomber, great to have you on board) :)

I have done it, I went into wilkensons and bought a weighing scales, I dread to stand on them today but come 010110 I will be on them and calculating my bmi and measuring my bits :blush: I think the date has a lovely ring to it, it will keep us motivated to lose more before our first mini goal which is 010310. I will explain all that soon but now I have another tool (see below for link) for you which I want you to put in your favourites, I have used this site before, I don't like the messageboard but it is up to you to see what you think of it (personally I find the holier than though attitude and I am above anybody too yuck yuck yuck) so just come in here to rant rave moan seek support or seek praise, anything! I just want us to be as healthy as we can even if our minds aren't at that place right now it will give us something to occupy our thoughts which in my book is a big fat positive!

Over the next two days I will be putting up all sorts of information and guidance so keep your eyes peeled and let's get excited for this brand spanking new decade... I find it so exciting, don't you?

Btw I must tell you that I am not going to give you some kind of menu to follow like they do in magazines which I hate... you know the ones in the womans mags saying this for breakfast that for dinner...no no no we are doing it the easy way, the non stress way. We fit food into our schedules we eat to live not live to eat :D that will be our motto lol but we do it together and we are a support group!

Right enough of my ramblings for now, I forgot to get the pizza lol :doh:

Here is the link for your favourites http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calorie-chart-nutrition-facts

I shall post more soon, have you done your chart yet? As it says on my wristband jfdi

Helen xxxxx

HelenS70
30-12-09, 13:40
Annabelle, please go to the appropriate forum for phobia's I am too scared to reply or give wrong advice, I am sure there is someone here that can help you. In the meantime I am pleased to have you in this group to lose the extra weight caused by meds and indulgence :whistles: We start on 010110 Gosh I just love typing that date lolol

Just.A.Girl.x
30-12-09, 14:00
Thanks Helen :)
Saved the website ready for 010110 hehe!!
xxx

Annabelle
30-12-09, 19:21
Thanks helen - I put a post in phobias before about it but not many people seemed to have the same issue so i gave up! its not to bad - and i just add it to the list of things im anxious about!!

I use the myfitnesspal app on my iphone - its pretty good at helping track what you've been eating - and even has uk brands in the food section is well which is handy for tracking calories - but your right helen, its best not to put too much pressure on ourselves - we dont need any more!! just set little goals for ourselves and keep plodding on.

saying that im off to zizi's for dinner with some friends - thats if i can stay calm long enough to make it through the meal!! so no creamy pastas for me!!

love and hugs

anna xxx

onceagain
30-12-09, 22:16
Hi Just a Girl... I'm sooo glad someone finally mentioned the chocolate word... thought I was the only one!! lol.

I don't think the citalopram is making me gain the weight but boy has it increased my appetite! I have just gained so much weight and that is going to the gym too... what I need is a diet plan where I can eat lots but not gain weight... because I work in a busy non stop department but on my bottom all day chocolate has become my main course of the day... I eat at least 3 choc bars a day and I do mean at least it has almost become an addiction.. so yes Pleassssssssse any suggestions .. and please don't anyone say just don't eat it ... its easier said than done sure it calls me now by name .. I am craving it as soon as I wake up x

HelenS70
31-12-09, 19:04
First of all I would like to thank all of you for making this thread popular, let's hope we can keep it up for the rest of the new year. Even if we have a blip we can come to the forum and get some real motivation.

I don't know if any of you has battled with addiction but it is my middle name, at some point in my life I have been addicted to something, I won't go into all of them now just the two which has something to do with dieting. I am a chocoholic, it comforts me I love it and I can't get enough of it so this is for all you chocoholics out there. I am not going to say quit because I know how hard it is to battle addictions btw I am eating chocolate as I write this for my motivation lol. Right the plan is, do you know Lindt? Dark chocolate has health benefits apparently so we get a couple of bars and we stick them in the freezer, we allow ourselves 4 pieces a day for now so we can gradually ween off this addiction. The reason for freezer is because it take a long time to melt and we get our satisfaction. If however you don't like Dark chocolate go for the milk but please don't go over 4 pieces a day.

My second addiction was sugar, it's empty calories... I no longer take sugar in anything incl. my porridge. It takes 2 weeks to get over this addiction 2nd week being the easiest. Give it a go, soon you won't even like sweet tea or coffee it is amazing!

I also love cheese but don't go for the light or less strength. If you slice it or grate the full fat high strength but only have the size of a small matchbox.
Remember it is a fat and we are trying to cut this down to a minimum, as you have already seen I put up a link for myfitnesspal, register with it and you can fill in what you have for breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks and drinks it calculates it all for you. Don't forget tomorrow to measure yourself and put it on your chart and fill in your weight, I added weight converter for the spreadsheet. With fitnesspal it will ask for a goal weight and it will calculate your bmi etc etc. aim for 1lbs a week, it is reasonable.... we do not want to lose weight quickly and we don't need to be hard on ourselves as we have so much to deal with already. We are in the same boat so please don't let this be the burden, I am here for you all and we hold hands and take this nice and slowly and build a nice friendship with food instead of it being the comfort we have each other to comfort instead!

Later on I will post what my first day of eating will be like, I am not in your house and cupboards
and I don't know your likes and dislikes, you will have to use the tools I have given you and use common sense to your diet but don't be hard on yourself and please please please do not starve yourself, we need food to live we don't live for food!

Sorry for the length of this post and it is so much information but it's just basically stuff that I have learnt over the years which were a success. We also need to sort exercise out but I was thinking lets get this diet thing started first, we can fit exercise out when we are ready :) See, no stress!

010110 is the date we start wooohooooo! (still loving that date) :D

Just.A.Girl.x
31-12-09, 19:26
Thanks Helen...my EA Active came today for my Wii and did my first workout...I know its a day early but still hehe and done my big healthy food shop today!!

Alsoooo, I know this isnt to do with the future but I weighed myself today on my Wii scales and it said that I have lost 1 stone exactly since I last weighed myself 5- 6 weeks ago :D hehe sooo happy...sooo only about 3 stone to go :)

Sooo looking forward to this...and a BIG THANK YOU to Helen for organising this for us and motivating me and im sure many others :)

Candy xxxxx
(010110 start date :) )

marie1974
31-12-09, 20:19
well i have been doing my jogging but have stopped for moment as i have awful cold and headache and i just had choc cake lol but will continue in a few days. happy new year everyone

HelenS70
31-12-09, 22:33
well done for getting a head start just a girl, very proud of you, you can motivate us to do some exercise if you like :)

My son is going to take me for a walk now and then just to get some calories burnt plus I am going to run up and down my stairs and he will help me do my abs. I might invest in one of those massive balls I saw a set in argos and online at amazon.

As for food well this is what my first day will look like:

morning: glas of luke warm water to rinse toxins out of body then I will have a banana with my first lot of tablets
about hour later I have my porridge made with soy milk and quaker oats.

I don't snack in the morning cos porridge fills me up for ages.

Lunch is a bowl of my home made soup, I made huge pan of chicken soup, I eat this instead of having bread cos that stuff bloats me and makes me all constipated and poop nuggets yuck lol

My evening meal will be chilli con carne with sausages and peppers.

My five a day is in my soup so that is pretty much it, if I am peckish I might have a square or two of that 85% cocoa Lindt chocolate thats in the freezer, there is one with chilli chocolate flavour which is gorgeous which I might get next week.

I drink tea without sugar and I will have the odd glass of water.

No fizzy drinks, no sugars and the only fat will be the milk in my tea and my evening meal a bit. I will add it all to myfitnesspal and post the link for you all to see. I am not ashamed to say that I weigh roughly 14 stone which means I have put on 3 stone since taking these meds. :ohmy: but with you lot by my side I know I will succeed in losing 4 stone by next year! As you see I am giving myself plenty of time to lose the weight so I don't stress myself too much. I might even post my graphics as well so you can all copy. For now though, eat drink and be merry this is the last year of this decade for the new decade will be dedicated to our health and a healthy mind xxxxx Love you all for joining, we can do this!

bomberbeamish
01-01-10, 09:44
right im ready for 2010, and im going to be skinny, but its only 9.30 am and im starving, lol

HelenS70
01-01-10, 11:20
LOL Bomber!

Happy New Year everybody! Welcome to the first day 010110 of our get healthy year, don't stress just take it one step at a time. I have decided that I will do that excel chart some other time (perhaps when I only got 1 stone to lose lol)

Please check this out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/HelenS70

I have entered the food I have had so far and entered my weight for all to see plus my goal weight. The meal planner on this site is one of the best on the net apart from weightlossresources.co.uk but you have to pay memebership for that one and I am too tight lol

Oh dear, I done my bmi calculation and it official, I am obese! 32.5 :ohmy:

So girls/boys now you know why I started this thread, I need to get fit and healthy and I don't care how long it will take me, I am not going to be silly about it and take pills or starve myself. I will eat healthy food and plan my meals and also try to do a bit of exercise a day.

I need all the support I can get and of course I will support you all too!

Happy 010110 everybody! This decade is ours! :winks:

Just.A.Girl.x
01-01-10, 11:24
Thanks Helen :)

Well I am about to do my morning workout (which it has told me I will burn 180 calories) and then have my porridge and a banana :)

I have a turkey and salad sandwich for lunch (no marg :P) and then a baked potato with tuna (no mayo) and salad!

I have also bought a smoothie maker yesterday and bought rasberries and blueberries to make a smoothie if I get hungry at any point and bought seeds to put in it too :)

Good luck everyone that is doing it...let us know how you're getting on :)

Candy xxx

HelenS70
01-01-10, 11:32
Right, sorry about this extra post but I have found out that my daily calories have changed because I want a slow weightloss and I don't want to stress out to get into that size 0, no I want to stay curvy just less of the muffintop lol.

LOL you would never guess what, I did that whole calculation thingy in myfitnesspal.com and I did it so I should gain weight, that I need over 4000 cals!!! Blimey what a grey matter that was... anyhoo, the new calculations for me to lose 1lbs a week is 1730 cals a day... when you read that, I bet you think no way will she lose any weight with that amount of calories but didn't I say this is a diet, a slow no stress diet? Well people this is it and I wish you all the best!

We will do this!

margaret jones
01-01-10, 12:30
Thanks Helen i will be looking to join you all i need to loose wieght and get fit for 2010 Take care Margaret

HelenS70
01-01-10, 15:10
Hi Margaret, welcome to the group :) I would like to say that this group is open for everybody and you may start at any date you wish!

I have updated my food for today so you can see how I am doing.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/HelenS70

And I am not hungry! :yahoo:

Just.A.Girl.x
01-01-10, 20:14
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/justagirlx

Add me if anyone else has joined :)

xx

HelenS70
01-01-10, 21:03
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/justagirlx

Add me if anyone else has joined :)

xx

This Food Diary is Private

This user is not allowing others to view his or her food diary.
Back to justagirlx's profile (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/justagirlx)

LOL you have to change your settings so everybody can view your food diary or set it so it's only for friends xxxxxxxx :hugs:

ZoJo
01-01-10, 22:35
Hi Everyone - Helen, this is a great idea!!
I lost 6.5lbs in the six weeks before Christmas and stepped on the dreaded scales this morning.......7.5lbs on (in TWO WEEKS!). Oh dear :ohmy: Oh well onwards and upwards, I am starting tomorrow. My biggest weight putter onner is wine - far too much drunk over the holidays!
Good luck everyone!

HelenS70
01-01-10, 23:07
Welcome ZoJo, good going re loss before xmas how about you start today and aim for next xmas at a more relaxed pace, you can have an odd wine. If you go to that website to log your food have a look how many cals in a glass and work it into your diet that way. Same goes for crisp and chocolate lovers out there, type it in the search foods and work it in so you don't feel like you are failing. You can enjoy this diet. Look how my day went today:

And still calories to spare so I might have a horlicks before bed :yahoo:

Well it has been a great start to our 010110 diet, I am so proud of all of you who joined and want to make a difference. Taking a little more pride in ourselves will eventually become more confident, I do hope so because mine is shattered! Here is to a new us! :yesyes:

HelenS70
02-01-10, 12:02
How are we all doing? Was it just an idea and then the 'oh no I can't bothered, am too depressed'? I have been there too you know, it is bloody awful but you must see that this is something positive, you are doing this for you! I will help you, come and see me!

Just want to explain why I like that http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/home website, I can log all my foods even my 'cheats' It shows immediate progress and the food data base is huge!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/HelenS70 the diary is wonderfully set up don't you think? Even if you don't eat 3 meals a day and the two snacks you can change it to how you wish in the settings.

If you log your exercise you will gain extra cals if you like. I used to go to the gym every day for an hour and then some, I could binge on an additional 2000 if I wished but I didn't. However, without that site I wouldn't have learnt how to log food and lose weight the proper way.

So for the newbies who can't be arsed to go through all these pages check out your weight in lbs, kg's or stone on http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/body_weight/weight_converter.htm

You can also use http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools for bmi and to get those nifty little tickers, don't do the mistake I did, I put all the info wrong and it was telling me I should eat 4000 calories lmao!!!

As I said before, you don't have to tell us how much you way, just come on the board and express your feelings, ask questions or let us know of any changes or tips.

All the best for Day2 :yesyes:

bomberbeamish
03-01-10, 13:05
the first day i was over about 300 cal, but yesterday and today are much better, i got some rivita today and snack ajacks choc flavor,, yum yum.

bomberbeamish
03-01-10, 14:00
o dear,, it gone tits up again, ive just attacked the ritzs box with cheese, and pringles, im such a loser, lol,, i have no will power, some one give me strengh pls,, i just want to eat crap.

HelenS70
03-01-10, 14:40
Bomber, I so know where you are coming from, I didn't go over my cals but I have these urges... bloody hell mun do I have to live opposite a co-op stocking all my favourite naughties? TUT! Last night I had another packet of crisps, I didn't mean to but the quiz was such fun and I had a pint of ribena, just a great Saturday night, it was so social which I have missed!

Today I have been good so far, I got up at noon had a banana and now at 14:32 I have just had a bowl of soup so I am nice and full but there are loads of calories left for today I am thinking for tonight a nice baguette from the oven and some grilled richmond sausages with fried onions mmmmmmmm oh yeah baby come to mama! :roflmao:

Just.A.Girl.x
03-01-10, 15:30
Thanks Helen :) Im still enjoying this...seems to be giving my day more purpose lol planning my food and doing my exercise...day 3 today and loving it!! Ive told myself that I will not weigh myself again until day 8 morning :)

How are you getting on?

I will change my settings on myfitnesspal now hehe didnt realise they were there :P

Thanks again for setting this up...like the idea of doing it with people and Good Luck for day 3

xxxxxx

HelenS70
03-01-10, 16:23
Hiya JustAGirl, You and me have the right frame of mind, I find this a perfect distraction, it give the day some purpose and some positiveness even if you have a little cheat like I have.

I won't weigh in till Friday, check in day every 7 days or you will go mental seeing the scales going up and down. Plus I am not too bothered if I don't lose 1lbs I have done something positive, I have cut down! Staying within the 1700 odd calories a day isn't difficult and I am having fun. Haven't had chance to exercise just yet, still in pj's lifestyle lol I will try tomorrow! :whistles:

HelenS70
03-01-10, 16:24
Come on people post something, even if you aren't in the right frame of mind and you are in a situation, I would love to hear from you, keep in touch my pals xxxx :bighug1:

HelenS70
03-01-10, 17:33
just have to say that the baguette with richmond sausages and fried onion went down a treat! I am loving this diet, check this out LOL

:yesyes:

ZoJo
03-01-10, 17:37
Hi Helen,

I have just joined myfitnesspal and requested you and just.a.girl as friends on there! I am starting the diary tomorrow!
Good luck everyone x

HelenS70
03-01-10, 18:07
Excellent ZoJo, make sure you log everything including cheats, check mine out for examples xxxx :) good luck :yesyes:

Just.A.Girl.x
03-01-10, 18:52
Welcome Zojo :) I have accepted your friends request!! :) Good luck!!! We are all here for each other if you need a helping hand and encouragement :)
Candy xxx

HelenS70
04-01-10, 07:50
Good morning all, it is bloody freezing out there so lets be like that little boy in the readybrek advert and glow from within with some nice porridge or readybrek! I have been up since 5... but that is my own fault for going to bed at 9 lol

Just.A.Girl.x
04-01-10, 12:32
Morning Helen, I went to have my porridge this morning :) and just finished my exercise routine...burnt 180 calories it says...im soooo nakered lol!!

Hope you are all getting on ok with this :) I found some dark chocolate from Christmas so had a sneaky bit hehe!! :P

I was up at 5 too Helen haha and went to bed at 10 lol!

xxx

ZoJo
04-01-10, 12:45
You are all soooo good with the exercising!!! I am having a good New Year clean today......taking a quick tea break! Hopefully burn some calories that way!
x

HelenS70
04-01-10, 14:35
Not me ZoJo, I haven't done one bit of exercise unless you call going up and down stairs for a cup of tea lol I have a deskjob and my leasure is my computer so it feels like my but is plastered to this chair 90% of the day! Well done Just A Girl, I will try one day... for now I do one thing at a time.

I am so pleased a few of you joined www.myfitnesspal.com (http://www.myfitnesspal.com) it is a healthy and easy way to do the calorie diet. I know a lot of people aren't great fans of calorie counting and to me it was daunting too until I stumbled upon this website. I also was rubbish at drinking water, yuck I hated it but then as most things you have to give it time, every day little by little and now I love the stuff. Same when I quit sugar in my tea, 2 weeks till I couldn't stand the taste of sugar lol

I bet there are a few out there saying that it is impossible to lose weight on 1730 cals a day.... can't wait for Friday when I step on that scale. Of course for the first week it will be water weight but just hold on to a lbs of lard and see how heavy it is and then imagine 4 or 5 lbs a month, girls/boys we can drop a size or two before summer if we stick to this!!! :yesyes:

Back to work I go, finish at 4pm wooohoooo!

Just.A.Girl.x
04-01-10, 18:19
I had a Decaf Mocha from Starbucks today...with cream :ohmy:

But had a long walk to get it and a walk round the Supermarket so hopefully that makes up for it hehe!!

Yeah I love exercise though...Im not so good at the food thing!! haha though doing well so far! I have got a Wii Fit so it makes it so much easier and I bought a new thing called EA Active for the Wii that gives you a 30 day challenge where it tailor makes your workouts etc its amazing...sooooooo hard though hehe

Looking forward to Fridays weigh day!! I hope I have lost something!!

How has everyones day been?

Also I met my friend who has bought my a Lindt Santa arghhhhhh my way of staying away from bad food was to not have it in the house hehe!!

xxxxx

BabyRachel
05-01-10, 00:53
Go Candy!!! Your doing amazing.

I am yet to exercise everyone - I've been sick as a dog... But I'm hoping I get better quick so I can start to exercise!!

Well done to everyone who is participating. :)

Annabelle
05-01-10, 13:22
hi all

Started my diet today! I've decided to follow a sort of low gi diet plan so i can keep in some carbs but swapping them for slow release ones. I'm also off to the gym tonight and going to aim to do 15 mins on the cross trainer which although doesnt sound much is good for me! and then if im not to dead i'll do a bit on the bike.
I've also started my food diary on my fitness pal. go me!
however i am sitting here eating my lunch of crudites, ryvita and hummus - and realised i dont actually like to eat half a tub of hummus - its a bit rank! but got to eat it or i wont make it to my afternoon snack!! :doh:

keep up the good work people - we will be slim by spring!!

HelenS70
05-01-10, 14:44
Hello Annabel and welcome to our group, I don't know how many members we have yet but I have a feeling lots of us are trying hard to cut down even if they're not counting the calories they must be following some sort of diet. My shop opposite where I live has all diet/light/weigh****chers stuff on sale bleurrrrrgghhhhh! Gimme full fat just a smaller portion. As you see on http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/HelenS70 I haven't really bothered with going over the top with watching calories. Today however, I have had an iffy stomach, I think it is the side effect of the lactulose (to unblock pipes lol) so I didn't have lunch but had a mini kitkat with a cuppa instead lol
I might have pie n chips tonight, my little mans favourite!

As for exercise, I went for a little walk today then I went to bed :roflmao: just shows it really does tire me out (we won't blame the meds lol)

Anyhoo, I have to start work soon, hope you all have a nice dinner! I am so proud of us... you may pat your shoulder for me :yesyes:

Just.A.Girl.x
05-01-10, 15:05
Welcome Annabelle :)

Good for you doing this!! Hahaha I am exactly the same with houmous...I would recommend the red pepper houmous though that is A LOT nicer lol!! Good luck at the gym tonight!

I need to fill my fitnesspal in today :) Just done my weekly shop online too so lots of healthy food been ordered :) Loving it...I think this is the longest I have gone without giving up hehe and sticking to the food and exercise though I think its like Helen said..you can have a treat without beating yourself up about it but as long as you see chocolate as a treat and not a day to day food hehe!

Have fun at work Helen :) and Good on you for your walk!! :)

Candy xxx

HelenS70
05-01-10, 15:59
Hiya Candy, I am sure with you will be one of the top 'losers', you seem very dedicated and strong willed... could you please bottle some and share it with us please? :D

You will never guess what, I am stuffing my face with a packet of salt and vinegar crisps. I should have had lunch you know because now I am eating rubbish lol and tonight won't be much healthy. Will cross this day off and start again tomorrow but I promise not to go over my limit! Tomorrow I will be within limit and I will have my healthy soup!

Good luck with the fitness side of things girls! :bighug1:

Just.A.Girl.x
07-01-10, 08:57
Right well..thought I should keep this going while Helen has a break :)

How is everyone getting on?? Started any exercise yet? :P

Has anyone got any recipes they can recommend?

Weigh in tomorrow and I am soooooo excited...I really want to have lost something :D

xxxxxxx

BabyRachel
07-01-10, 09:02
Ooooh is tomorrow a weigh in love?

I exercised today - walked for about 45 minutes :) :)

Go me! I felt horrible but I'm glad I did it!!

Recipes huh... I don't really know any - im a shocking cook... But what I reccomend everyone do is eat their five serves of veg and 2 of fruit before theye allowed anything fattening or sugary.... That way you will be filled up, probably won't need anything else AND have eaten all your fruit and veg!

And also, try and drink as much water as you can... Cut out coffee, anything with caffeine (all anxiety sufferers should anyway!). Take a multivitamin once a day and perhaps consider a fibre supplement... Cleanses the insides and is good - especially if you have IBS like many anxiety sufferers do! xx

xx

ZoJo
07-01-10, 09:26
My weigh in is on Monday.....if things were going well I would weigh in tomorrow too as I prefer a Friday weigh in!!! Not going so well at the moment so I might weigh tomorrow and start again!! :)

Just.A.Girl.x
07-01-10, 09:40
Sounds good ZoJo :) Well I will let you know tomorrow how I get on and you can decide if your starting again or not hehe! Good luck xx

patmac
07-01-10, 10:30
hi i would like to join!!! my wii said i am obese! :( xx

Just.A.Girl.x
07-01-10, 11:19
Welcome Patmac!!!!!

Glad you want to join and I think the Wii definitely helps!!!

What we are currently doing is joining www.myfitnesspal.com (http://www.myfitnesspal.com) and entering our info and our daily food and exercise! :)

If you have any tips let us know :) Got a weigh in tomorrow but I suppose you'll join that next week hehe!!

Candy xxx

ZoJo
07-01-10, 12:09
Hello Patmac!!!
Welcome - I would love a Wii Fit, got the wii sports!!
I am sooo going to start again tomorrow, if I am weighing at the same time as others it might make me more motivated!!! (one can hope!)
Zoe xx

BabyRachel
07-01-10, 12:11
Are we posting our weights on here?

ZoJo
07-01-10, 12:16
I will give my weightloss or GAIN!!
Can't quite get myself to put actual weight on here!!:D

Annabelle
07-01-10, 12:36
hi all - welcome patmac to the loser crew! my weigh day is monday to but i think i may have a bit of an advantage in that when i started i was due a period so weighed more anyway and by monday i will have dropped a couple of pounds due to that so it wont be because i actually did well!
zojo - im going to put my weight here - and any losses and gains :winks: !!
that way we can cheer on each other for every 1lb or even half lbs lost!! i find if i keep it too myself i just lie to myself and says its fine - i can't hide from you guys though!!
No gym for me this week due to adverse weather conditions but lots of snow walking and digging out my sisters car which took an hour and i was knakered!
I have some nice recipes - not that im a good cook but they came from a book which i shall post a bit later
keep up the will power guys!!

love anna xxx

Just.A.Girl.x
07-01-10, 12:37
Hehe yeah me too..my loss or gain not my actual weight!! :P Its ok for you though Rach..id show off if I was your weight hehe! Are you trying to gain some Rach?

Yeah Zojo do what is best..we got to keep motivated somehow hehe!

Thanks Anna..I really need some recipes because I keep eating the same things over and over lol!! Good luck for your weigh in :) in excited for us all hehe

xx

marie1974
07-01-10, 14:11
hi, well i still been jogging although stopped for a bit when i had flu, but will continue indoors and not on the ice rink outside at the moment :) , hope everyone is doing well and i am really trying to stay positive and eat more healthier and exercise to keep me in a good frame of mind. hugs xall

Just.A.Girl.x
07-01-10, 14:27
Well done Donna :D sorry to hear you had the flu though!!

Good luck to you too x

marie1974
07-01-10, 14:30
thankyou, i started really well just before the new year and then got flu, so it put me back alittle but i ready to go now and i have had no alcoholic drink either since xmas and that was just Baileys yum lol, but i cut all that out too now. xxxx

Just.A.Girl.x
08-01-10, 06:45
Well...I will be the first to post my weight loss of this first week...seen as I am up at some silly time in the morning!!!

I have lost a total of 7lbs :D

Let me know how you all got on! :)

Candy xxx

ZoJo
08-01-10, 11:00
7lbs!!!!!!!!! Well done you!!!!!!!!!:D
I have lost the grand total of 1lb.......oh well better than nothing, but not as good as 7lbs!!!!

xx

Just.A.Girl.x
08-01-10, 11:19
Well done ZoJo!!! That is really good :) We're getting there!!! Oooo Well done!!! :D

Annabelle
08-01-10, 17:59
7 lbs?! blimey well done candy!!

zojo - 1st lb is always the best - means your off the starting blocks - only way is down now!!

as for me my weigh ins next week as i said but iv done no excerise today due to a cold and im starving! trying very hard to resist the chocolate right now - booo!

BabyRachel
09-01-10, 03:14
I'm probably trying to gain a kilo, but I want to gain in it muscle not fat!! hehehehe. Congrats Candy - you did great. And congrats Zojo - you did great too! xx

Annabelle
09-01-10, 19:01
I am craving sweet things big time - any tips anyone?!! my sweet tooth will be my achiles heel! xx

patmac
11-01-10, 12:37
well done for the weightloss!! i have started walking not very fast as the weather is shocking. i kind of struggle has there isnt anyone to keep me motovated, but now i will feel like i am letting the group down. well fingers crossed

Just.A.Girl.x
11-01-10, 13:06
Dont be silly hun!! You arent letter anyone down!! Walking is the best form of exercise so good that you've started doing it. I think i need to get out and get walking too..I have been doing the workouts at home but I think walking out and about will get me more exercise and help anxiety!!

I struggled this weekend with the healthy eating and had a naughty takeaway saturday night lol but did two big workouts this weekends so hopefully that might make up for some of it :P hehe!!

How you all finding it? Eating and exercise?

Well done Patmac for the progress :) xxxxxxxxx

Just.A.Girl.x
11-01-10, 13:10
Oh sorry Annabelle just seen your post about sweet things!!

My problem too!!! I LOVE chocolate!!!! lol Well...the things I have done so far is that when I am craving something sweet I have a milky type smoothie....banana/strawberries with milk, natural yoghurt and a teaspoon of honey! Or I have had a small amount of dark chocolate. Any of them ok to you? Some people dont like this kind of stuff but I love them to get rid of my cravings hehe!!

What day is your weigh in? x

Annabelle
11-01-10, 21:34
Bad bad couple of days - sweet tooth has escaped from the box and is attacking the snacks! Must try harder - keep your eyes on the prize! I bought some low fat puddings to satisfy the sweet tooth but not to naughty.
Ugh no staying power me!
Xx

Just.A.Girl.x
12-01-10, 08:48
Ooo what were they? Any better treats sound good to me hehe!! Everyone has bad few days so I wouldnt worry too much hehe!!
Let me know how you get on with the weigh in :)
xxxxx

sb001f8994
12-01-10, 13:39
Hi all,
I follow a low fat diet and over the last two months have lost over a stone. Obviously over xmas I was always going to put some back on but only put on three pounds. Back on track again now and since monday have lost two of the pounds the xmas feast put on! For those with a sweet tooth try eating merringues ( the shells or nests...no cream!), no fat at all, also no fat sweets like boiled sweets and marshmallows for all those who need a sweet treat. But beware if you are diabetic as these are full of sugar!
Happy slimming!
Carol x

Just.A.Girl.x
12-01-10, 13:54
Well done Carol!!! That is reallly good!! We should take some lessons from you :P
Have you got any recipes or meals that you can recommend? I seem to be running out of ideas!!
Well done again!!
Happy Slimming!
Candy xx

ZoJo
12-01-10, 14:01
Well done Carol,

I'm with Annabelle - terrible past few days.
Just can't get my head in gear, according to the scales so far, what I lost (the little 1lb) has gone back on and a little more!!!
Soup tonight for tea!

Annabelle
13-01-10, 15:09
im with you zojo - how can some people lose so much and i've lost a wee little pound - boo!
ho hum - this is not going as well as i planned!

Annabelle
13-01-10, 15:19
Vegetable Curry - from my low gi diet book!

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tablespoons medium curry paste
3lbs (1.5kg) prepared vegetables eg courgettes, peppers, squash, mushroom
7 oz (200g) can chopped tomatos
13 oz (400g) can reduced fat coconut milk
2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves.

1] Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and fry for 2 mins. Stir the curry paste and fry for 1 more min.

2] Add the vegetables and fry for 2-3 mins, stirring occasionally then add the tomatos and coconut milk. Stir well, bring to the boil then lower the heat and simmer for 12-15 mins or until the vegetables are cooked. Stir in the corriander and serve.

serves 4 :emot-yum:

cal: 268
protein: 6g
carbs : 35g
fat: 11g
gi: low.

ZoJo
13-01-10, 15:19
A pound is in the right direction!!!!! Well done!!!!!
I am now drinking plenty of water - my water intake is really bad. Every time I reach for nibbles, I am going to drink water, my new regime! :)

eeyorelover
14-01-10, 04:24
Well I went to my first WW meeting Tuesday nite!
I am officially a house!!
I've gained so much since I stopped working and when they told me how much I weigh I wanted to walk out, go home and eat myself into a coma!!!!!!!!

But I stayed for the meeting and had my first day on the program today.

It was awful!
For one thing I have eaten more today than I ever would in a day before starting the program BUT it's nutritious food and not the junk Which by the way I LOVE!!!
I'm mourning over everything I can't have anymore like I've just buried my best friend!

BUT
I want to play with my Grandbabies without getting so winded and want to see my daughter get married and have babies of her own!
I know I'm less likely to be able to do the former or be around for the later if I don't start taking care of myself!

So I'll soldier on thru the damned vegetables that I absolutely HATE and missing the lovely chip and dip in front of the TV in order to become a healthier and LIGHTER me :)

Now if there were only a chip and dip diet or a macaroni and cheese diet I'd be in like Flynn!!!!!
*Sigh*
HAHAHA

eeyorelover
14-01-10, 05:15
That is why I'm already wondering whether this program is for me or not!
I have had to give up sugar all together and have to eat 5 fruits and veg a day and 2 lean protein.
Now I know that I SHOULD eat 5 fruit and veg a day and 2 protein anyway but as I'm choking it down it's hard to remember that!
LOL
Can't wait until its warmer here so I can start walking!
Been stuck in the house with all the snow and cold!!
Thought about getting that WI Fit thing but can't see letting go with that kind of money ;)

ijustagirl
14-01-10, 07:44
im on day four of my diet, well cutting down...i wish i knew what others were doing to cut down..since my accident ive gained two stone and thats with little mobilitiy and not going out due to anxiety, pts...anyway im trying no carbs after 5pm and eating them for breakfast and dinner..i dont feel as bloated but do feel alittle hungry..thats because i ate aot of bread and potatoes pasta on a night..id love to no what nmp slimming club is doing though...and who is doing the diet so we can all exchange our daily feelings..smiles sam

Just.A.Girl.x
14-01-10, 14:13
Welcome Eeeyore and Sam :)

Eeyore...I find that if you stick to a diet that regimented you will only give up!! I am currently doing the healthy eating most of the time but if i do fancy a piece of chocolate I have one (though I have bought dark chocolate and only have one small cube) its all about portions of it and what you choose! I did this and lost 7lbs last week so it does work (though I have also done workouts on the Wii Fit too!) I just think you need to give yourself a treat once a week or if you really feel like it otherwise you will give up! I am still really enjoying the exercise and healthy eating but would have quit without the odd treat!! :)

Sam, again I dont think you need to be so strict with yourself....maybe have some carbs with dinner but just not as many...you can suddenly cut food you normally eat out and still be full! If you are hungry it puts the body into panic and then it stores what it eats because it thinks it will be starved again! If you are hungry, eat! Just something that is healthier...a banana? a slice of toast? my doctor told me this!

I think its all about the healthier alternatives to our naughty foods!

At the moment I think it is me, ZoJo and bomber that are following it, Helen is having a break but coming back and now you and Eeyore :) Would love to hear your feelings Sam :)

Ive got my 2nd week weigh in tomorrow :S wish me luck hehe xxx

kazzie
14-01-10, 14:33
WELL DONE GUYS:yesyes:

Just a girl could you pm me re piccie when you have chance pse????

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

eeyorelover
14-01-10, 21:07
Is the Wii Fit thing a really strenuous workout or can you start slow?
I know I need to get some exercise but it's just too damn cold out for me to go walking and I don't feel comfortable as out of shape as I am going to a gym!

This morning I had oatmeal with raisins and an orange and then a had a granola bar for a snack mid morning. Lunch, soup with 5 (yes I even have to COUNT them!) crackers.

I'm supposed to have cut out sugar all together but I just can't stand any of the substitutes and I HAVE TO have my tea!
;)
Not hungry tho so that is a good thing!

Just.A.Girl.x
15-01-10, 07:39
Morning all :)

Well, Friday is here again and its weigh in day!! I have lost 3lbs this time, so now with a total loss of 10lbs since 01/01/2010 :)

Eeyore..the Wii Fit is really good..the standard 'game' that comes with it is gentle exercise with games that also can be intencified! Though I have bought the EA Active game which comes with a leg strap and resistance band and I am currently doing the Medium setting and I find this a challenge (which is what I am looking for) but they do have an Easy setting so I would recommend that game to you because its really helped me :)

Yeah I have to have a coffee or tea (though decaf) with sugar too lol!! Good that you are not hungry! :)

How is everyone getting on?? Any weigh ins? Struggling?

Candy xxx

ZoJo
15-01-10, 09:48
Candy, you are doing fantastic!!!! Well done.
I on the other hand, has put on 1lb! Oh well onwards and upwards, It could of been a lot worse!!!!
Next week, will be my week.
Good luck everyone x

Annabelle
15-01-10, 10:47
HI all

I'm on the NMP diet too!! I lost a pound last week and my weigh in is mondays. Had a couple of slip ups were iv let myself get too hungry and then grabbed some chocolate to fill the hole but i'm trying to stay on track and fill up on healthy things such as fruit, yogurt, ryvita and low fat cheese spread is an excellnt snack as it gives you protein to tide you over but a little carb to make you feel full.

Has anyone tried the veg curry recipie i left? did you like it? if anyone has any recipes for baking low cal or low fat biscuits/muffins i would love to replace some of my snacks with these - and if i make them myself i kow exactly whats in them!!

keep on keeping on everyone!

love anna xx

Just.A.Girl.x
15-01-10, 13:25
Aww ZoJo..Yes onwards and upwards :) Looking forward to hearing how you get on next week :)

Hey Annabelle, I havent tried the curry yet but will be having it on my next weeks food shop as I have already done mine for this week coming up! Im sure it will be lovely! Well done on the 1lb weight loss :) let us know how you get on, on Monday :)

I think the healthier muffins are substituting things for brown eg brown sugar and flour and not using as much sugar and adding fruit to them! There will be lots of recipes online if you search on google! :)

Good luck everyone!!!

xxxxxx

eeyorelover
15-01-10, 21:16
You can substitute part of the fat in muffins (butter,oil or whatever) for unsweetened applesauce too.
That cuts down on the fat and calories :)

Great job to those who lost some pounds and for those who didn't just remember it's a process!
No one can be expected to lose EVERY week. But staying committed is the key to success :)

Anyone have a recipe with green beans in it that makes them more palatable??
;)
xxx
Sandy

eeyorelover
20-01-10, 02:12
Just wanted to share that I had my 2nd weigh in tonite and I've lost 4.6 pounds this week :)

Just.A.Girl.x
20-01-10, 03:02
OMG Well Done Eeyore!!! That is sooooo good!! Are you proud of yourself? :P

Any tips you want to share with the rest of us? hehe

I have done something to my knees with the exercise so I have had to do a lot of upper body workout or things light on my knees so hope that doesnt stop the weight loss!!

How is everyone else getting on?

Candy xxxx

eeyorelover
20-01-10, 19:12
Thanks Candy!
Yes I am pretty proud.
I cut out soda and have been getting in 5 fruits and veggies a day, 2 lean protein, and 6 glasses of water (still working on that one-LOL)
I joined Weight Watchers so I'm doing their points system and it seems to be working for me so far.
As long as you are moving the lighter exercise shouldn't hinder your weight loss.
Good luck this week everyone!
xxx
Sandy

ZoJo
22-01-10, 08:34
Boo Hoo......
Well after running and doing my Rosemary Conley salsa DVD for most of the week, oh and counting calories, the grand total for this week is........another 1lb on!!!!!
This is becoming like a Carry On film. (I am due this weekend, maybe that hasn't helped!)
Well done to everyone else, and keep it up. I am NOT giving up, I know how slow my weight comes off......it has taken me two years to lose 2 stone!!
Oh well.....here we go again. Surely something next week!!!!

Zoe x

Just.A.Girl.x
22-01-10, 08:40
Well 2 stone in 2 weeks is amazing Zoe!! I havent lost 2 stone ever!! lol
I am so glad that you are not giving up...its nice to know ive got you guys doing it with me!!
Yes next week will be better...it def wont help that you are due this week!

Well my weight loss this week is 4lbs...which is a total of 1 stone now which is crazyy!! I am getting paranoid that my Wii Fit is weighing me wrong! lol i really hope it isnt!

How is everyone else getting on? Any tips?

Candy xx

ZoJo
22-01-10, 09:16
two YEARS Candy......I wish two weeks lol!!
Well done to you, 1 stone is fantastic! Its my birthday at the beginning of February, I think I might ask for a wii fit!! We have got a wii. What do you get on the wii fit, are there workouts? I started getting bored with Rosemary and my 2 year old gets in the way a bit, I have to do it when he has his sleep!
x

Annabelle
22-01-10, 13:48
well i have nothing to report except i had a rubbish week and put on the measly pound i managed too lose - rubbish rubbish rubbish - im never going to be that lovely skinny minny again - might as well throw out all the clothes now and buy bin bags to wear

rubbish :mad::weep:

Just.A.Girl.x
22-01-10, 14:05
I meant 2 years Zoe hehe just a typo error :P Well I have just purchased some bathroom scales to check that it all adds up as I am a bit suspicious!!! Ooo birthday soon thats exciting!! I like the Wii Fit but I can not explain how good EA Active is...you dont need a Wii Fit board for it...though you can use it if you want to as they add in extra wii fit board exercises if you have one..it comes with a leg strap and resistance band...its about £25 but make sure you get the first one that comes with the accessories (my mum made the mistake of buying the more workouts game that didnt have the leg strap etc so had to go out and buy them too) This is seriously amazing...it has a 30 day challenge..you can make it easy, medium or hard and you can really tell you are working!! I like the Wii Fit games but I feel they are just games and I am not really doing exercise. The EA Active is like having your own personal trainer I love it!! Right enough of bigging that up hehe!!

Annabelle...dont give up..you can do it :) do you know deep down why you put that pound on? We will help you along...please stick with us hehe!! Though I am sure you will look good in bin bags...keep trying to be a skinny minny hehe thats what I want to be too :P buy lovely clothes :) We're here if you want to chat and encouragment :)

Candy xxx

ZoJo
22-01-10, 14:54
Annabelle -
Thats just like me!!!! Lost one, put one on, then put another one on!!
Every time I get on the scales it changes!
Keep at it - I have been so good and put 1lb on......so I went and ate the chocolate icing off a portion of my daughters birthday cake 10 minutes ago!!!
Whoops - I only want to lose 10lbs (well 11 now!!)
Good luck x

Maj
22-01-10, 15:08
I've been doing so well, swimming every day, but today, don't know why, but I made a fried egg sandwich, then followed it by eating 2 chocolate biscuits!!! I've been really cutting down on my eating too!! I'll need to try again!!:shrug:
Myra

Just.A.Girl.x
22-01-10, 16:16
Yeah Myra..Ive had days like that!! In fact this whole week has been like that lol I just feel like i cant physically stop myself hehe oh well we can all have blips :) xxx

eeyorelover
22-01-10, 19:43
I don't think that anyone can maintain a regimen that includes depriving oneself of everything that is considered bad for us!
If you want a fried egg sandwich or a chocolate then have 1.
Just say to yourself you will have 1 treat a week and that's it.

Swimming every day is such a plus!!
Please don't let a few little treats make you feel like you aren't progressing!

Keep up the good work everyone :)
xxx
Sandy

Just.A.Girl.x
26-01-10, 09:02
Oh yeah Roygbiv...I watched the documentary about him and it was really good!! No I weigh less than he does now hes lost all the weight haha! But he is really inspirational and he is now not a virgin lol
Candy xx

Just.A.Girl.x
26-01-10, 14:12
Well bad news :( .....well for me anyway...I bought some actual scales for my bathroom and my weight is totally different from the Wii so I am afraid I havent lost all that weight that i thought :( but on Friday I will weigh myself with the bathroom scales and go from that in future because I trust that more lol!! So dont worry...I am in the same position as all of you will the 1lbs not 7lbs hehehe!!

How is everyone getting on? xxx

ZoJo
26-01-10, 15:22
Hi Candy,

I am still at it!! Ran Saturday and Sunday, trying to decide if I should run tonight......?
But so far I have been good, not giving up and the exercise is making me feel better.
You might of still lost what you thought - as had you had the bathroom scales in the first place, they may be weighing that stone that you have lost! Keep doing whatever you are doing as it is making me even more determined!!
Good luck for Friday x

happyone
26-01-10, 15:25
Hi there,

I would like to join you all on this journey:)

I had 4st 13lb to lose:mad: but lost 5lb last week:). I kinda cheated a wee bit by making my first weigh in with my clothes on.....the second with my pj's! I did that cos I knew it would have a psychological effect. Even though I knew most of the weight was my clothes, I can kid myself on!

I have joined weigh****chers online as I knew I was never going to get out to a meeting. Unfortunately, I am limited with regards to exercise as I have a sore knee of unknown cause that I am waiting for physio for. I can really only safely do swimming and I just can't get myself motivated to do it. I did defuzz (sorry to any men in this thread!) at the weekend with the intention of going, but I was paid back for using hubby's electric razor and got an awful rash! I may try cycling, but I am a master of procrastination:mad:

My weigh in day is a friday. So far this week, I am not overly impressed with myself and I am going out for a meal tonight..........hopefully I can make up for it as the week goes on!

Happyone
xx

Just.A.Girl.x
26-01-10, 15:26
Hehe yeah ZoJo..its good to have you doing it with me!! Your message has made me decide not to give up..Thank you :) and Well done for the exercising thats amazing...I have got my knees sorted now (pulled ligaments) so I can exercise again :) xxxx

Just.A.Girl.x
26-01-10, 15:29
Welcome Happyone!!!!

So glad to hear that you are joining us!!! Its good to have each other to chat about the good and bad things!! 5lbs is really good and that definitely isnt all clothes!! It seems like you are doing really well!! I want to lose a few stone too! How you finding weight watchers?

Candy xx

ZoJo
26-01-10, 16:04
Hi Happyone.....

Pj's don't weigh 5lb, so a very well done to you!!
Glad you are joining us and look forward to read how you are doing.

x

ZoJo
29-01-10, 08:47
Finally - a 2lb weight loss for this week.
Hope everyone is still trying!!

Just.A.Girl.x
29-01-10, 09:26
Well Done Zojo...I have got to admit that I have had a bad week this week but have started again from today using my new scales :) and just bought healthy food again hehe and my knees are better with the medication they have given me so full time exercise is back on!!

So happy for you that you have lost weight!! :) Well Done :)

Candy xxx

happyone
29-01-10, 16:51
Hi,

well, a loss of 1lb this week:).
It would have been nice to have had more but I had had a few things this week that are definately not the best for weigh****chers.

Someone asked how I find W/W. I am not sure really. I am not going to any meetings so it is easier to succumb to the extra calories, however, it is an easy enough plan to follow. For my weight and level of activity, I am supposed to have 22 points a day. Some days that really isn't enough for me but I am adjusting from eating an awful lot.I know from experience that after the first little while, it gets easier. So, I don't get too upset if I go over the 22, I just try to make sure that if I do need to snack, I do it healthily.

I am going to try and see a physio I know privately so she can advise me re my knee. I have pain of unknown cause and have been waiting ages for physio. I really think I need an x ray but my doc keeps fobbing me off, but it is so blooming sore.

Happyone
xx

ZoJo
03-02-10, 17:08
Well done Happyone for your 1lb weight loss!!!
I have been active this week, but it was my birthday yesterday........and yes had some chocolate cake!!! See what happens on Friday!!

Good luck x

eeyorelover
03-02-10, 19:16
Hi,

well, a loss of 1lb this week:).
It would have been nice to have had more but I had had a few things this week that are definately not the best for weigh****chers.

Someone asked how I find W/W. I am not sure really. I am not going to any meetings so it is easier to succumb to the extra calories, however, it is an easy enough plan to follow. For my weight and level of activity, I am supposed to have 22 points a day. Some days that really isn't enough for me but I am adjusting from eating an awful lot.I know from experience that after the first little while, it gets easier. So, I don't get too upset if I go over the 22, I just try to make sure that if I do need to snack, I do it healthily.

I am going to try and see a physio I know privately so she can advise me re my knee. I have pain of unknown cause and have been waiting ages for physio. I really think I need an x ray but my doc keeps fobbing me off, but it is so blooming sore.

Happyone
xx

Your only supposed to lose 1-2 pounds a week anyway so you are doing GREAT!

DON'T FORGET...
You also have your 35 points extra weekly and activity points if you need them. You can always just work out your upper body in a seated position if you can't exercise due to your knee.

I have to go to the meetings cuz I know if I'm not accountable at a meeting where I weigh in, I'd eat myself into a coma!
LOL

WTG on your loss from the 29th Zojo!

I lost 2.2 this week which brings my total since I started 3 weeks ago to 6.6 pounds.
;)
I'm pretty stoked!!!

Good luck in the upcoming week to everyone!
xxx
Sandy

Just.A.Girl.x
03-02-10, 19:19
No way Eeyore :) Thats amazing Well Done!!!

Yeah I am considering the Weight Watchers thing...but its just money at the moment but we shall see :) Im just running out of healthy meal ideas lol

xxx

eeyorelover
03-02-10, 20:28
If you type in weight watchers recipes, you'll get LOADS of great recipe ideas that are healthy.
I did that instead of buying the cookbooks :)

Right now in the US it's free registration and just shy $10 a week if you allow them to bill your account monthly.
Less than $40 a month.
Still $40 is $40.

;)

ZoJo
04-02-10, 09:06
We need to start swopping meal ideas!!!
Well done Eeyorelover, thats a brilliant weight loss so far!!!
I am going to do my Davina DVD this morning (If my son lets me!!)
Candy, I shall go and look up some recipies, and get some posted up for you!
xx

Just.A.Girl.x
04-02-10, 12:37
Thank you sooo much Zojo!!! I think lunches as well is my problem..if i eat another turkey and salad sandwich I am going to screammmmm lol!!

How is the DVD's going? Any you recommend.. I hope I get my new Wii Fitness ones today!!

xxxx

ZoJo
05-02-10, 09:43
Hi Candy,

I have bought Davina Fit (latest one, and the cheapest??) I can hardly walk this morning!!!!
My total for this week is a lonely 1lb off, at least its not gone on like last time!!
Right then, I have gone through my recipes (Rosemary Conley) They all seem to serve 4, so I work out the ingredients for one if its just me!

Lunches:
Spanish Omelette
174 kcal 10g fat
Serves 4
1 x red onion, sliced finely
1 x red pepper, seeded and diced
1 x garlic clove
6 x chestnut mushrooms, finely sliced
6 x eggs, beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper
4 x tomatoes, skinned, seeded and finely diced
1 x tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley

Dry fry the onion, pepper, garlic and mushrooms for 3 mins
Add the beaten eggs and cook gently
When the omelette is almost set, add the tomatoes and parsley
Cut into 4 and serve (or work out the ingrediants for serving one!!)

One of my favourites......
Macaroni Carbonara
366 kcal 8.2g fat
SERVES 1
50g Macaroni pasta
1/4 veg stock cube
1 x sun dried tomato sliced (I just use the paste!)
150ml (1/4 pint) Semi-skimmed milk
1/4 garlic clove
1 tsp arrowroot
dash of dijon mustard
25g cooked ham cut into strips
25g low fat mature cheese grated
chopped chives to garnish
ground pepper

1. Preheat oven to 200c, 400f, gas mark 6
2. Cook pasta along with veg cube
3. in a seperate pan heat the milk with garlic, mix arrowroot with a little water and whisk into the hot milk. Add the mustard, cooked ham and half the cheese. Season with pepper. Add more milk if needed to adjust the consistency.
4. Drain the pasta, add to the sauce and mix well. Pour into an ovenproof dish and top with the remaining cheese, bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
5. Garnish with chives and enjoy!!
It can be served with a mixed salad.

Ive got shop bought soup tonight for tea.....mmmm?
Good luck, hope you are getting on ok xx

Maj
05-02-10, 09:49
Zojo, those recipes sound lovely. I'm going to try them.
I'm going swimming again today - may as well enjoy my last days of freedom before I go back to work!!
This may make some people smile: when I used to do exercise videos (videos - giving away my age!!) I had a t-shirt with "physical" written on the front - my husband says it should have had "wreck" written on the back!! He loves me really!!
Myra:hugs:

ZoJo
05-02-10, 10:35
Myra,

I remember exercise videos.....betamax and vhs!!!! As for the t.shirt, I had relax on mine!! :yesyes:
I was wanting a video recorder back this week as my son had posted the dvd controls somewhere and I couldn't get to the exercise routine I wanted without them.....unlike a video recorder, our dvd player has only limited buttons on it!!
Now thankfully been found under the washing machine!! Why I never looked there in the first place??? Enjoy your swim x

Just.A.Girl.x
05-02-10, 10:44
Hahaha!! I want a cool T-Shirt!! They're back in fashion now hehe
Haha even I remember the betamax and im 23 lol...my mum had a rosemary conely thing for it hahaha!!
Thank you sooo much for the recipes Zo...will try them :)
Haha your husband is lovely myra lmao!! Enjoy the swim
My cheerleading exercise wii thing came yesterday....its a lot harder than i thought haha!!
xxxx

HelenS70
14-02-10, 21:11
You lot have done me proud!!!! You girls have kept my thread going, I am so pleased :D
Hello, I have missed you all so much, I am fed up with that other forum, could be because of the mental health disorder we have that there is so much conflict.

I did have a bad spell where I couldn't stop bingeing but since yesterday I have picked up where I left behind and starting logging my food intake on mfp. I am also walking a fair bit now too, I park the car as far away from the shops as possible and get a good stride going.

I have been to Holland and Barratt for some Cider Vinegar tablets and Burdock Root (for my water retention) and Japanese peppermint oil for my IBS. So far so good it seems to be doing a trick. I have also got my snack box sorted for my evenings where I could quite easily scoff a whole packet of biscuits and several packet of crisps just to get rid of the dry mouth and awful taste I have from the tablets.

I needed to 'up' my fibre so I am now eating 2 dates, 2 dried figs, 2 prunes and 4 brazil nuts. I also eat 3 apples a day and two bananas as snacks too. My breakfast is still the same old porridge made with alpro soya. And as always a big pan of soup always on the go lol.

Sorry for making this a long post, I haven't been able to talk to anybody recently and I just miss the contact online and the support, the laughter and just you lot who make me smile. mwahhhhhh ((((hugs))))

ZoJo
14-02-10, 21:28
Hello Helen

We have all really been trying!!!!! A few times of starting again, but I am a few pounds lighter than when I started.....(the first time!!)
Nice to see you back and big hugs to you too :hugs:x

eeyorelover
14-02-10, 23:52
Hi Helen,
Sounds like your on track!
It's so good to see you back!
You've been missed!!!
I've bought a treadmill and have been walking 30 minutes a day. Which doesn't seem like much but for someone who has never exercised is at least a step in the right direction.
Due to the bad weather here my WW meeting was canceled last week so I have no clue where I am scale wise but I do feel better and that is what I'm aiming towards anyway :)
Zo,
I few pounds lighter is so AWESOME!!
It's a process isn't it??
And a damn hard one at that!!!
I've found myself wanting to snack late at nite because I'm such an insomniac but I've tried to keep it healthy as possible. I know I shouldn't eat late but it's SO HARD when you're body says, "FEED ME"!!!
LOL
Will let you know what the numbers are on Tuesday after my meeting.
I'm a bit worried about whether I've lost or not but I have to keep telling myself regardless, I'm more active than I was and I'm eating healthier so I have to be doing something right :)
xxx
Sandy

Dying_Swan
15-02-10, 00:31
Hi everyone :)

Don't know if I'm coming into this a bit late but I'm hoping you won't mind if I join you.

I've been doing Slimming World since the end of November and so far lost 1st 1.5lb. It's good....but when I go along I don't really get into the spirit of things. To be honest, I'm pleased to be losing weight but I can't stand all the happy clappy 'wooohooo's' that go on there :roflmao:Disappointingly, not many of the people are very friendly and I feel it's all a bit fake. I tend to just go along and get on the scales and then get the hell out of there.

So, I'd rather 'wooohooo' with you folk if that's ok? I'll carry on going still too. I'd like to lose about 2 more stone, so it's gonna be a long haul.

I lost 3st when I was agoraphobic and put it all back on again, so finally decided I needed to do something but do it in a healthy way. I'm certainly not here to advertise Slimming World but it seems to be working out ok for me. I guess many of these things are similar and will work if you stick to them. I'm terrible at motivating myself to take exercise which I know I should also be doing. Summer is always a better time for exercising! I've just discovered how easy it is to make microwave custard...so this could be a bad thing :D

Anyway, that's me and I'll look forward to supporting each other with shedding our pounds, if you'll have me :shades:

eeyorelover
15-02-10, 02:58
Of course we'd love you to join us :)
I'm not usually one for meetings either but I know that I have to feel accountable to someone so knowing that I have to go to the meeting and weigh in every week is working to motivate me so far :)
I am a big WOOHOOOOOOO type person so can I just give you one for what you've lost so far and for joining us??
Here it comes............

WAIT FOR IT.............................

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:)

ZoJo
15-02-10, 08:58
WoooooHooooo!!!!

Hello dying swan, you are doing brilliant and its good to have someone else join us, I have tried meetings and did what you did - weigh and get out!!!
eeyore, thats really good about the treadmill, I keep trying to do my Davina exercise dvd, I had to take a few days off as I couldn't move - I found muscles I never knew I had!!

Good luck Ladies xxxx

Just.A.Girl.x
15-02-10, 09:15
Welcome back Helen!!! :) We've missed you so much...you were my inspiration and kept me going..so I had a slip up week or 2 while you were gone but I am back on track now :) so we can keep going hehe!!!

Welcome Dying Swan...great to have you doing this with us :) Well done on the weight loss...that is amazing!!!!

Well done to everyone and keep going :)

xxxxx

Dying_Swan
15-02-10, 19:34
Thanks for welcoming me aboard :yesyes:

OK I admit I'm a bit of a closet 'woohooer'.....I have been known to woooohoooo in my time! It's just I don't like it sometimes there because I feel like it's fake. If it's real then that's great!

Well I went along tonight, and thought I would have done quite well because I'd been good all week. I got on the scales, and had lost a grand total of....NOTHING! :mad:

I tried to think of possible reasons for this and all I can think of is that the week before, I had a pizza and cupcake binge at a kid's birthday party (!) I still lost 2lb that week but I'm sure it must have caught up with me. I spoke to one of the (friendlier) people and she said that a group of them go to aqua fit each week, so I might do that perhaps. They are all about 70 and I'm 26, but what the hell! :D

Tonight they showed a motivational DVD. It was quite good, until the end bit and Berlin's 'Take my breath away' came booming out, with all these images of slender ladies hugging each other. It was so cheesy I almost burst out laughing :roflmao:

Relieved to hear that I'm not the only one who doesn't really like staying after the weigh-in. Oh it's all good fun lol.

Well done for getting this far to all of you. And please have a very genuine

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

from me!
:yesyes:

HelenS70
16-02-10, 21:49
Hello all and welcome Dying Swan, great to have more people on this journey to feeling good about ones self (as much as we possibly can of course) I see I have been missed and I had a wee tear in my eye... I am back on track too and I have started something that might benefit those who suffer constipation or IBS. I get bloated and get a lot of trapped wind, water retention etc not to mention my blocked pipes :blush: So I popped to town and bought Burdock Root because my dad takes it and it's been a saviour to him, just look it up on google, it is pretty awesome stuff.
I also bought this Japanese Peppermint for the trapped wind and I have been eating prunes, dates and figs (dried) I must say that things are moving again :D I did weigh myself and have lost 2kg in 4 days thanks to this process. I have only done the one day on mfp website because I am currently on nightshift. I have also been eating 3 pink lady apples a day for my sweet tooth and been drinking loads of water, a complete turn around aye?!

Hopefully I will have lost a fair bit before my birthday on 7th May the dreaded 40 and my next appointment with psychiatrist to prove that I am on the way of getting better even if I have to take these pills, I see a light at the end of this tunnel and am reaching for it!

I can't do much now with my 5 nightshifts but I plan on taking up walking, I am going to buy a pedometer for my Nintendo DSi, then perhaps do the couch to 5k in 8 weeks in the near future. Luckily spring is only around the corner and birds will be singing, flowers will be budding and we have a different outlook. One always feels happier with the sun shining... even if one is high on meds we can still find positive around us.

I will pop by from time to time, I miss you all so much but I am thinking of you every time I reach for something healthy like this pint of water in front of me and a 2ltr bottle ready for my nightshift :)

Good luck to all!

Love and hugs,
Helen xxxxxxxx

eeyorelover
17-02-10, 03:03
Hey all.
Well I went to my WW weigh in and lost 3 more pounds. The grand total so far is 9.6 pounds. I thought I would have lost more cuz it's been 2 weeks since my last weigh in cuz of weather but I'll take it :)
I've been walking every day on my new (to me) treadmill. Can only make it a half an hour and my thighs hurt SO bad!! LOL
Who knew that walking could cause that much pain??!
I also got a charlie horse in my calf that woke me out of a dead sleep the other nite!
It was horrible!!
My husband laughed his head off cuz I've never been one for exercise and so all this is pretty humorous to him!

The WW lady told me that I might have cut too far back on what I'm eating. She says that if you cut too far back that your body starts to store fat instead of burning it cuz it thinks you are starving yourself.
Eat more and lose weight??!!
Guess I'll try it but healthy food of course :)

Congrats on the loss Helen!
Sounds like you've found something that is really working for you.
I'll have to look up Burdock Root cuz I have a phobia about possible reactions when taking anything but it sounds like something I really need!

DS,
Don't worry about not losing any this week cuz it happens to all of us!
The important thing is you are putting forth an effort.
That is all any of us can do right??
;)

xxx
Sandy

Just.A.Girl.x
17-02-10, 08:25
Well Done Sandy!! That is really good results!! See I dont walk much at all..I do the workouts but no walking so maybe I need to start doing that!

Yeah its true about the eating more (of healthy stuff) to lose the weight...I think I might join in the online Weight Watchers because I dont have a clue about food and how much I should eat!

Congratulations Helen and DS too :)

xxxxxxxxx

ZoJo
17-02-10, 08:58
Helen - 2kg in four days is fantastic!!
Sandy - you are doing really well and what is a 'charlie horse?'
DS - I can't stop laughing at the 'Take my breath away' ! AND nothing is a damn site better than me (up and down like a yo yo)
I do know where I am going wrong!! Not enough of the right food and plenty of the not and probably too much wine!
Oh well onwards and upwards!!
J.A.G Have a look at Rosemary online too, that was quite good. Slimming world do an online one - all have loads of lovely recepies xx

Just.A.Girl.x
17-02-10, 09:07
Oooo Zojo I will do thanks....I like Rosemary hehe!!!
Thanks hunny xxx and onwards and upwards xxxx

BabyRachel
17-02-10, 12:07
Candy love, its all about working out how much energy you burn per day(kilojules or calories whatever you brits use). Say your body naturally burns 2000 calories a day, you would need to eat LESS calories per day than that to loose weight. You also need to factor in how much extra calories you are burning through exercise.

You can work out how much energy you burn per day very easily, lots of websites do it. Two terms to become familiar with are Basal Metabolic Rate and Resting Metabolic Rate. (BMR and RMR). For more info on BMR and RMR refer to wikipedia!!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_metabolic_rate

Here is a website I have used for a long time to calculate my own BMR. It also contains a lot of information on determining what you should be eating.
http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

Now once you have worked out your BMR you need to work out how many calories you would like to reduce this by. This can be affected by how much weight you have to lose and the realistic time frame in which you would like to lose them. Remember - the more slowly you consistantly lose weight the MORE likely you are to keep it off!!
It is reccomended that you have a daily calorie defecit of 15-20%. So if you burn 2500 calories per day your equation would look like this: 2500 x .15 = 375. So you would be eating 375 calories less per day.
I am going to link you to a weight loss calculator from the same website as the BMR calculator that will help you to determine how many calories you need to cut per day.
http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_loss.php

You have three calculator options. I reccomend using the second one - Calculate Daily Calorie Deficit Required to Reach Goal Weight.

Don't be alarmed by the amount of calories you have to reduce. Remember not all of this will be through your food intake - some will be through exercise! If you use a Wii or treadmill you should be able to roughly determine the amount of calories you have burnt. If not, there are websites to help you work out how many calories your exercise methods are burning.

You say you don't know what you should be eating? Well this is where you need to take a look at the nutritional values of foods. This can usually be done by looking on the back of the packet. But there are also fantastic websites to help you out - containing the nutritional values of hundreds of thousands of food products.
Here is a list of some:
http://calorielab.com/index.html
http://www.calorieking.com/
http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/calories/calorie_counter.htm

If you have any more questions feel free to ask me. How do I know all this? Im a recovering anorexic. If anyone knows how to loose weight - its me! But the methods I have outlined are HEALTHY.

I hope I've provided some useful informational to everyone. If not, I apologise for the long post!!!!

:hugs::hugs:
(p.s. candy I couldn't sleep lol).

Just.A.Girl.x
17-02-10, 12:59
Heyyy hunny :)

This is realllly good :) Ive just worked all mine out :) hehe

I need to be really strict with my food and exercise otherwise I just wont follow it so think I need to get back on it and make myself a pretty spreadsheet and put on the information you have just given me too hehe about the calories!!

Thank you soooo much and get some sleep missy hehe
Love ya
Candy xxx

eeyorelover
17-02-10, 20:47
Thanks for the info Rachel!
I'll have to check all that out :)

Zo a charlie horse is a muscle spasm. Basically it feels like someone has wadded your muscle into a ball and then BEAT THE EVER LOVING P1SS out of it!!!!
It hurts!
LOL

Well the reason that I chose walking is simple, I'm too fat and out of shape to do anything else!
;)
I bought a yoga tape that was supposed to be for bigger people. The lady on the tape was big so I figured I could do it right?
WRONG!!
I ended up flopping around on the floor, completely stuck!
Looked like a dying fish!
A BIG dying fish!!!
It wasn't pretty!!!
My daughter had to help me up and I decided then and there that I was going to go some sort of exercising that only involved me being VERTICAL for the time being!
;)
xxx
Sandy

Dying_Swan
20-02-10, 12:28
Hi everyone :)

Just popping in to catch up with you all. So far this week I think I've been pretty good. I could feel myself wanting to slip the other day and buy chocolate, so I bought some 'interesting' fruit lol. I was getting bored of apples and bananas so bought a load of ready-prepared melon, grapes and pineapple. Ate the whole damn lot but it was goooood and stopped the chocolate cravings! And I got a charity-shop bargain of some fab jeans for £3.50, 2 sizes smaller than I had been wearing :)

Also went to Aquafit and really enjoyed it :yesyes: There were lots of different people...fat, thin, old, young, men, women. It was quite friendly and I felt comfortable, and was pleased to see I was fitter than I thought. Could really feel my stomach muscles yesterday! So, I plan to keep going to that. It might only be one hour a week of exercise, but it's an hour more than I was doing.

Eeyore....fantastic news. Well done for losing 3lb! That's a lot! I did laugh about the dying fish impression!!! I've never heard of a 'Charlie Horse' but I'm guessing it's a cramp....and they are soooo painful!! It's interesting to hear what the WW lady said about eating too little. I think it's true, just that you have to fill up on healthy things. Slimming World seems to work on that principle...you have 'free foods' and you are supposed to eat as much of that as you like. It depends on what 'day' you are doing (red, green or extra easy), but it's mainly things like quorn, lean meat, pasta, rice, beans etc and of course all your fruit and veg. Eggs are free too, so you can easily fill up on things and not feel hungry. I'm not 100% sure how WW works but I would guess it's fairly similar.

Rachel - thank you for the fab info. I will have a look into metabolic rates etc. There's a lot of really useful stuff there for us all to read. Thanks :hugs:

ZoJo - I'm glad it wasn't just me who saw the funny side of 'take my breath away'. I often do the yoyo impression too...January was awful lol. Wine is a hard one .... I think white has fewer calories than red. Vodka is fairly good too and not too high in calories. I'm quite partial to a long drink of vodka, soda and a squeeze of fresh lime. Disclaimer: I am not trying to turn you into a spirit drinker :roflmao:Onwards and upwards!

Just a girl - did I read that you are leaving?! I hope not, but best of luck to you if you are :) You will get there I'm sure.

Helen - you're doing really well! You have my upmost respect for even trying when you're working night shifts. I used to eat like a horse on nights! Well done :) I totally agree that things seem easier when the sun is shining. It won't be long now!

Take care everyone and keep going! You're all doing brilliantly :yesyes:

eeyorelover
24-02-10, 18:59
Hi everyone.
Well crappy weight in this week! I gained 2.2 pounds!!!
Not sure how it happened cuz I haven't been overeating BUT I didn't get my full water intake in or 5 fruits and veggies like it says I should so I am going to stick to it to the letter and do exactly what the program says and see what happens next week at my weigh in.
I am still walking on the treadmill 5 times a week only 5 cuz I do it while no one is home or I'd have everyone wanting something or staring at me!! Bad enough that I am apparently entertaining the dog while I'm on the treadmill cuz she sits and watches me the whole time!!!
I was thinking about why she is so entertained but perhaps it's that she is wondering if I know I'm walking and walking and not getting anywhere!! ;)
And just an FYI I was getting kind of a vertigo dizzy thing after being on the treadmill so I looked it up and it's normal!
Kind of like getting your land legs back after being on a boat!
If that makes sense!!
Anyway I hope everyone is doing well!
Good luck to everyone this week :)
xxx
Sandy

ZoJo
25-02-10, 12:18
You watch Sandy, next weeks weigh in will be fantastic!!
I haven't weighed myself - having a bit of trouble balancing on the scales (I have sciatica at the moment!) Doctor has given me some good strong pain killers thankfully, its like a permanant 'Charlie Horse' in my butt and leg!! BUT generally being good on my eating!
I am very impressed with the treadmill activity, thats brilliant. Maybe the dog wants to have a go with you!!

How is everyone else doing????
Good luck - I am going to weigh myself tomorrow and start on the straight and narrow......AGAIN!! x

eeyorelover
25-02-10, 17:12
Dang Zo that sounds awful painful!!
It's amazing that with that much pain you are sticking to balanced eating!
I'd be eating the wallpaper!
;)
Any emotion makes me want to binge!
Doesn't matter if it's good or bad!
If it's bad, I want to comfort myself and if it's good I think I should celebrate!
LOL
But I've been doing well so far this week!
Good luck this week!
xxx
Sandy

Dying_Swan
26-02-10, 00:35
Hey Guys :)

Sandy - betcha it comes off next week! You're doing really well, especially with all your exercising! The vertigo thing, I think I get...sometimes if I've overexerted a little bit. It passes off fairly soon. I like the idea of your dog sat there watching...lol!

ZoJo - Sorry to hear about the Sciatica. That is so awful. Well done for sticking to some healthy eating. I hope you feel better soon. Let us know how you get on tomorrow!

I'm not doing so good. I only lost half a pound when I went to weigh in on Monday. I know it's a loss but I'd really put so much effort in that I was disappointed it wasn't more. I didn't stay to group and emailed the 'consultant' afterwards to ask for advice. She still hasn't replied, so at the moment I'm thinking of leaving. I just don't quite agree with paying for support that I'm not getting. I couldn't go to Aquafit today either cos I have a really nasty cold so generally a bit down about the whole thing. Tomorrow I have a cake party AND a chocolate party, with dinner at a friend's in the middle...oh dear!!! I haven't been so good this week, but haven't been too bad either. I guess I'll see. Whether I leave or not though, I still want to keep going with trying to lose weight.

Keep going girlies. Wishing you all the best :)

eeyorelover
26-02-10, 04:37
Hey DS,
Did you drink 6 glasses of water?
I ask because apparently that can inhibit weight loss, as can not getting 5 fruits and veggies a day, and two lean proteins.
Still losing any amount is a step in the right direction!!
WTG!

I did a walk workout video today.
Did the warm up, a mile walking workout that works the core as well (not even sure what that is but it hurt like hell!) and the cool down.
MY LEGS ARE KILLING ME!!!!
So it must be working out those muscles that USED to be there and now are just a jiggly mess!
I know cuz I felt them jigglin around during the workout! ;)

The video is Leslie Sansone and really it went pretty fast.
She has a 2 mile one on the same disc so I'm trying that one tomorrow.
Gonna swap between the treadmill and the disc cuz the treadmill EVERY day is getting boring!!

Oh and thru the whole workout video the dog was jumping up on me and I was having to yell at her!
If it was warmer I could put her outside but I guess I'll just have to deal with it till spring arrives!
;)

HelenS70
28-02-10, 18:04
Hello All :) It is great to see this thread still running but I feel like I have let you all down by not posting and going on and off the diet. Tomorrow is the 1st of March, St Davids day, I feel that tomorrow will be a positive time for me to start (again). I am going to start exercising too, I will keep you posted on here and on my fitness pal. I have just been made redundant and I have decided to take so I want to lose atleast 2 stone by May (if possible) then perhaps another 2 stone by July, yes I am serious about it because I want to look good in my hotpants lol

Let's do it! :hugs:

eeyorelover
28-02-10, 18:19
Hi Helen :)

Glad to see ya!
xxx
Sandy

Maj
28-02-10, 18:20
Helen I also have been up n down on the diet and am fed up being a fat frump!! I was at a gala dinner the other evening and I had to wear an outfit that I didn't even want to wear but I couldn't get into anything else. Tomorrow is going to be a starting date for my healthy eating, yet again. I made a new post today about a box of things we still want to do before we get too old or die and losing weight was one of them. I'm determined to do it. The thing is, it's something in my power to do - it's just so damn difficult at times when you just love food!!:wacko:
Myra:)

HelenS70
28-02-10, 19:27
Hiya Myra, stick with this group and set up a profile at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ I think most of us who counts calories will appreciate this website because of it's food log and exercise log so if you have done any exercise it recalculates your food so it shows up you can have that bit extra if you wish or just watch the weight drop. I have been a yo yo dieter all my life due to my love of food, the medication doesn't help because I have a constant bad taste in my mouth or my mouth is dry and I reach for the ribena. As from tomorrow I will have a litre bottle of water next to my computer instead with a fruit bowl full of apples to snack on. I got to do it this time, I am off to see some people that haven't seen me in ages and I would dread to think what they're thinking when they see me (I have put on 3 stone) :doh: Oh well, if I get my exercise ball out and my weights, my hiking boots and do a little exercise every day I should get quite a bit off by July. So I raise my glass of ribena to tomorrow and the success of all of us, may we all achieve our goal! :hugs:

Maj
28-02-10, 20:25
Thanks Helen, that site sounds good. Yes, tomorrow, 1st March, sounds like a good day to start! I was on holiday the other week and actually lost a few pounds because we walked for miles. We had lovely food inbetween times, but the walking obviously done us the world of good. Back home again we are back to the old routine and I've put the weight back on! I absolutely love walking, and swimming, and I'm really going to make a determined effort because I'm not getting any younger either! Good luck to you also.
Myra:hugs:

ZoJo
28-02-10, 20:36
We can do it!!!

I have started again, hopefully my scaitica will calm down soon along with my building anxiety grrrr, and then I can start running again!!
GOOD LUCK - xx

sandy35
28-02-10, 21:18
:bighug1:Hi! I wish I had been a member when this was started up as this thread is a very good idea. I was actually losing weight on my own at first and then decided to join slimming world. Altogether I have lost 11 pounds since January. Good luck everyone taking part and I will let you know how I progress at slimming world.

ZoJo
28-02-10, 21:34
Come and join us Sandy35 - more the merrier!!! 11 pounds since January is fantastic, well done and keep us posted xx

eeyorelover
28-02-10, 21:41
Welcome Sandy!
11 pounds is awesome!
Keep up the good work!

Helen,
I've bookmarked the link and am going to check it out right after my Grandson goes home :)
xxx
Sandy

sandy35
28-02-10, 23:55
Thanks for your support Zojo and Eeyore lover. I will make sure I keep it up and keep you informed as I know I am going to get my good weeks and bad weeks. Good luck with you weight losses as well:yesyes:

Dying_Swan
01-03-10, 23:25
Evening ladies, and welcome Sandy35 :)

Eeyore - thank you for your tip about drinking plenty of fluids. I must admit I'd been very bad and getting home in the evening realising I'd only had coffee and diet coke all day!! So I've been making an effort to drink more water. This last week, I've rebelled a bit against Slimming World and eaten chocolate, cake, sausages and yorkshire pudding :blush: I went along to weigh-in tonight, ready to leave because the woman never replied to my email. Lo and behold I'd lost 3lb. It makes no sense whatsoever.

So for now I guess I'm sticking with it :roflmao: I stayed to the group session tonight and explained to the 40 people there that when I'd been strict I'd lost nothing, and when I'd been bad I'd lost 3lb! I just reckon it catches up with you, whatever they say. Maybe the water helped too, I don't know. Anyway in total I've now lost 1st 5lb (19lb in American money!) which averaged across the time I've been there is 1.5lb a week. So, feeling brighter about it once again.

How are you all doing? Helen, are you back on track? Eeyore....I am well impressed by all your strenuous exercise...nice one!

Hope you are all ok and thank you for this thread...it really helps to have somewhere to talk about it and offload!

pinkpiglet
01-03-10, 23:46
Hey guys! Can i join this group?? do i have to get weighed though?? its not that I mind sharing my weight with you all but I feel that weighing doesnt work for me, it hasnt worked since my son was born three years ago. However, I am getting wider and wider by the day and I am in 18/20. I was going to choose an old item of clothing from my wardrobe, (size 16) and then aim to fit into it by early summer, then choose a size 14 and aim to fit into it by christmas, I find (for me) that its more challenging than losing lb a week and also more motivating as I will be able to visibly see and feel the results. I have just got 'JUST DANCE' on Wii and hope that this is going to help me fight the flab. It would just be nice to have some support and learn tips from you lot. What do you say?? am i in??? x

Dying_Swan
01-03-10, 23:53
Hey Pinkpiglet.

Well, I'm a latecomer to this thread but as far as I'm concerned, welcome. I'm sure all the others will welcome you too!

I don't think you would need to get weighed. I've not put my weight in here, just how much I've lost. I think it's perfectly fine to go by dress size, or whatever you want to achieve. I know what you mean too...it is really motivating to suddenly feel your clothes getting looser, and then buy something that's smaller :) You will definitely be able to get into those size 14's by Christmas...long before I reckon!

Anyway, welcome again and I look forward to hearing how you get on :)

sb001f8994
02-03-10, 10:00
Hi all,
Havent posted for a while but Ive PUT on four pounds :-(
I had got to my ideal weight of 9 stone 9 pounds so carried on eating well but sadly must have eaten a little too well!
Back to it today and lose them few pounds which I know will be a struggle as I have found losing a lot of weight is far easier than losing a little bit, I think you are more motivated when there is a lot of weight to be lost.
Ive just got a gym ball and dvd, Ive fell off so many times...didnt realise exercising was such a laugh!
Happy slimming folks, take care

ZoJo
02-03-10, 10:11
You are in Pinkpiglet!!!
No actual weights given, we just say what we have lost or put on! You can tell us what clothes you can 'put on'!!
My diet is something out of a carry on film - just been sooo good and then just eaten a small packet of chedders!!!! WHY???? 129 calories just like that.

Well done dying swan - that is brilliant!!!!

Carol, you have done so well and it is only 4lbs after all. They will come off easily.

Well done everyone, I weigh in on Friday!!!

xx

snowbird
02-03-10, 12:41
I really like this idea and am very keen on hearing others' ideas on getting fit. I know that my medications have caused me to gain a bit but I also know that I tend to overeat in the evening when I am not hungry.

I plan to go for a walk after supper and then try a dvd on pilates or some other exercise. Maybe drinking more water will help at night.

What works for others? I would really like to try this.

thanks

eeyorelover
03-03-10, 03:14
Welcome to Snowbird and to Pinkpiglet!!

I'd rather DIE than post what my starting weight was so that is not a 'have to' of our band of merry weight loss mamas here :)

I'm so proud of everyone that has posted!
It seems like even if you slip, you get right back to it and it seems that everyone is doing so well!!
GREAT JOB!!!!

It is a process!
Remember none of us put the weight on overnight and it isn't going to come off that way either!
It was much more fun putting it on tho wasn't it?!
LOL

Had my weigh in tonite and I lost 3.2 pounds!
That's a total of 10.6 pounds so far!!
I'm pretty pleased!

The biggest improvement though is now that I'm exercising I FEEL better!
I'm sleeping better at nite and not needing a nap during the day! I have tons more energy and even my anxiety seems to have lessened a little!
I think maybe the exercising is helping it too!
Getting rid of the nasty chemicals and engaging the happy ones :)

I thought about starting a recipe thread for us but wasn't sure if I should add one so I'll ask and get back with you.
xxx
Sandy

eeyorelover
03-03-10, 03:19
Oh I wanted to add for Snowbird that the rule is 6 8 ounce glasses of water a day (48 ounces total).
And you are supposed to have 5 total fruits and vegetables a day too :)
I'm using a treadmill every other day and the other days I'm doing a Leslie Sansone walking workout DVD. I swear she is trying to kill me but I do feel better after the workout is over!
It's really simple (I'm so uncoordinated it isn't even funny!!!) and a mile only takes 14 minutes!
So my total workout with that warm up, mile, and cool down is 25 minutes but BOY it's a workout!!!
;)

ZoJo
03-03-10, 14:41
Sandy - 3.2lbs!!! Woooo get you. Well done, not long till you lose your first stone!!
A recpie thread sounds like a brilliant idea, at least they are all on one thread and not on different pages - if that makes sense!

Good luck x

trixie1981
03-03-10, 14:49
Hi all I was directed to this thread by zojo so hope no-one minds me joining in =)

I've lost 10 stones 4.5 lbs in the last year with Slimming World. I've gone from 21 stones 8lbs and a size 28-30 to 11 stones 3lbs and a size 12.

I am now trying to maintain weight but find myself totally obsessed over it and it's getting really, really bad. I weigh myself constantly as I am terrified of putting the weight back on. It's mad because I know if I stay on plan I won't put on weight. Just can't help myself =(

flix08
03-03-10, 14:53
Hey guys I'm new on this post. I've just started Slim Fast today (the shakes are horrible) and hoping to lose a stone or so by June...is this realistic?!

I'm at uni so its quite hard to stay healthy on a budget but i generally eat pretty well so it's really hard for me to understand why i'm over weight. I walk every day and have started jogging 3 times a week too. I don't eat bread and generally stay away from junk/fatty foods and ready meals...any advice??

flix08
03-03-10, 14:54
Well done trixie that's an amazing loss! xx

ZoJo
03-03-10, 15:00
Trixie, that is fantastic!!!!

And a warm welcome to both of you!!
Flix I actually like slimfast, I want to lose another 10lbs, after taking two years to lose 2 stone. Finding it really hard, might try it again!

Good luck and keep us posted on how its going x

flix08
03-03-10, 15:01
i think i added too much powder, its the chocolate one, just tastes too malty! Its taken me about 3 hours to finish it cos i cant stand the taste :(

sb001f8994
03-03-10, 15:04
Hi trixie,
My what a great achievement to have lost so much weight, well done and welcome!
Ive lost 17 pounds, put 4 pounds back on and just lost a pound again. I was very, very naughty last weekend and I suppose eating many quantities of fudge and stuffing myself with hagen dazs was always going to put on just a few pounds! Back to the sensible eating again, unfortunately!!!
Snowbird pilates is quite gentle exercising, so Ive heard. My gym ball is also quite easy and not too energetic, trying to stay on the ball is an exercise in itself! I drink plenty of water, fill myself up on veg and salads. I follow the weigh****chers diet as its working for me and these foods are free.
Sandy well done! Im hoping to have lost my four pounds by next week, thats if Im a good girl and steer clear of the fudge and ice cream!
Take care all and eat carefully out there.

sb001f8994
03-03-10, 15:08
Me again Ive just worked out why my weight watchers has been interupted with asterix's!!! Sorry it was completely unintentional, apologies all.

eeyorelover
03-03-10, 16:55
Welcome to Trixie and Flix :)

Trixie,
What an achievement you have made!
You should be so proud of yourself!!
But obsessing isn't healthy for you.
You have already made such progress!!
Don't worry so about the future hun!
Bask in the present!!
You must look SLAMMIN now!
:)
Take pride in what you've accomplished and enjoy the now ;)

Flix,
The rule of thumb for the program I'm on is 2 pounds a week is healthy loss.
I'm not sure the stone thing conversion but I think it's something like 17 pounds right?
Anyway if that's right you could lose that in around 8 or 9 weeks and it would be healthy.
So yes you could lose that by June.
I make sure I get 48 ounces of water a day, 5 total fruits and veggies, 2 lean proteins, whole grains, and take a multivitamin everyday and I've lost 10.6 in 6 weeks. Not too bad :)
Remember portion control is important too.
xxx
Sandy

eeyorelover
03-03-10, 17:00
Carol that is hilarious that it filtered that out!!
I read your reply and my first thought was....
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Hagen Daz!!!!!

PMSL

Out of your whole post that is the first words that jumped out at me!
LOL

Too bad it's not a diet food cuz I'd LOVE that!
But back to reality I guess :)
Good luck this week everyone!!!
xxx

aarcal
03-03-10, 22:09
hiya would love to join this, got 6 stone to lose and am struggling big style at the moment, i know what i need to do but cant get started, resisting the chocolate tonight and somehow its working:) also struggle with exercise, thats my moot point at the moment

Dying_Swan
03-03-10, 23:36
Just checking in with you guys.

Eeyore - fantastic loss this week. Well done girl! All those workouts are definitely paying off and it's great to hear that you are feeling so good too!

Aarcal - welcome aboard :) Getting the motivation to get started is really hard. Exercise is my weak point too. Have you thought about joining any groups? I'm at slimming world...it took me a while to summon the courage/motivation to go but it really does help you stay on track when you're going each week. There are lots of groups out there...loads of people here use weight watchers too and find it very good. If you don't want to do that, perhaps try and find an exercise class you enjoy? There are so many different things out there so there's bound to be something you will like.

Trixie - congratulations on your absolutely amazing loss. You should be so proud of yourself! I really don't have any advice on the obsession side of things but I can imagine how it must be. Have you spoken to your consultant about it? Maybe you can start by weighing yourself every other day rather than every day etc, until you can get down to once a week. Anyway, well done again and welcome :)

Flix - welcome too :) You can definitely lose a stone by June. (Eeyore - a stone is 14lb) I know it is even harder when you're on a tight budget, but if you can plan in advance and cook meals in bulk and then freeze them, that really helps (I know freezer space can be a problem when you're a student too...I remember it well!!) If you don't like Slim Fast, try something else, or at least a different flavour. You'll soon tire of it otherwise and then your hard work will be lost. You CAN do it!!

Welcome to Snowbird :) Meds can play havoc with these things, but it's great that you've identified a time when you eat even though you aren't hungry. I'm really bad at work. I guess my advice would be to try doing something else at these times so that you aren't bored and don't eat if you don't need to. Drink plenty too as that will help. I just don't keep anything 'bad' in the house...if it's there I will eat it, I can't resist :blush: I think your plan to take some exercise is great, and will also help with motivation to keep at it.

Good luck everyone!

xxx

flix08
03-03-10, 23:59
thanks everyone for the support, its good to know that things are possible. i'm just worried about it becoming an obsessive thing as i also see it as something i can control as apposed to other aspects of my appearance if that makes sense? was so hungry at dinner time today i almost passed out, not liking the first day of my diet!!

eeyorelover
04-03-10, 00:43
Welcome aarcal :)
Motivation is hard for me sometimes too.
Read some of the successes that others on the thread have had and see if that adds a little motivation for you.
I know it helps me.

Flix,
If you realize that it could turn into an obsession then being aware may help that not to happen. Does that make sense? ;)
Try to eat little amounts more often then you won't be as hungry at dinner time.

My daily menu is something like this (altho I do switch from time to time to attack the boredom)...
Breakfast
Oatmeal with raisins
Tea

Midmorning snack
Yogurt or apple

Lunch
Salad with lean meat,fat free cheese, fat free dressing and croutons

Afternoon snack
Fruit or veggie

Dinner
Lean meat
*TIP*
The correct portion of meat is the size of the palm of your hand :)

Potato or pasta

Vegetable

TV nite snack :)
Popcorn

I drink water with every meal and take my multivitamin in the morning with breakfast so I don't get an upset stomach :)

flix08
04-03-10, 21:19
hey guys, thanks for the advice. i made it through much better today! made my smoothie in a blender and it tasted sooo much better! Just had dinner of rice fish and veggies! really filling!

I'm just wondering if so much milk in my diet is a problem? I normally have cereal at breakfast, my milkshake at lunch, a yoghurt at some point in the afternoon and then a healthy dinner...do you think lots of milk is gonna make me gain weight??

sb001f8994
05-03-10, 09:22
Hi all,
flix08, I dont think you are drinking too much milk, is it skimmed or semi skimmed? I was drinking far too much, perhaps a pint and a half a day. Ive now cut it down to just in my porrige and I have a small glass before bed. Fish is excellent as there is very little fat but we should eat oily fish (salmon, trout etc) at least once a week.
Ive lost a pound! Only three more pounds to go to get to my target weight...again!!! If I get there I will have to try and be sensible or I can see me repeating this process every other month!
Weekends are my nightmare, Ive been good with the shopping though and not bought any Hagen dazs or fudge! I have been going through tins of fruit in juice...is it ok to eat tinned fruit in its own juice?
Have a good weekend everyone but be good and try and keep the food cupboards locked at all times!

flix08
05-03-10, 13:11
well done for losing your pound! i don't have scales at uni which is a bit stupid really...so will have to weigh myself when i go home next weekend. well done with the shopping too :) i think tinned fruit is fine, they may add a bit of sugar but its better than a chocolate bar as you get your portions of fruit!

i think the fish i ate was haddock, but so yum so think i'm having the same tonight! its really weird how easy slim fast is, i dont even feel like i've missed a meal!

eeyorelover
05-03-10, 16:34
Great job Carol!!

ZoJo
05-03-10, 20:10
I Lost 1 1/2 this week, so considering my back and lack of exercise, i'm quite chuffed. Tho, I think its because I haven't had a glass of wine for ages because of the painkillers!!!!

Good luck everyone xxxx

flix08
07-03-10, 20:19
well doe zojo!! i had a bit of a relapse today, had pie and chips at lunch :( hopefully will make up for it tomorrow!

eeyorelover
07-03-10, 22:36
That is great Zo!
Really wine isn't that bad so it couldn't have been from taking it away.
You must be doing something right so keep it up :)

We all have days where we splurge a little Flix. Tomorrow is a new day :)
xxx
Sandy

Dying_Swan
08-03-10, 20:10
Congrats ZoJo! You should be proud of yourself!

Mmmm, pie and chips. I really can't think of anything better right now :roflmao:

Weigh in was this evening. I only lost half a pound but was pleasantly surprised after having a chocolate and ice cream binge at the weekend...can't complain about that really!

Keep up the good work everyone

xxx

eeyorelover
08-03-10, 23:15
It's a loss DS!
It definitely counts!!
Way To Go!!

I've had a lousy week. Not really eating much but not eating healthy either!
My son Danny left for Afghanistan Saturday and the same day my son Andy got married so my stress level is HIGH!
Not drinking enough water either so this next week's weigh in is gonna blow really bad!
Oh well!
I'm still motivated and gonna pick up where I left off!
xxx
Sandy

sb001f8994
09-03-10, 13:59
Hi all,
Well done zojo. Ive lost another pound but not sure how as Ive been nibbling at that fudge again!!! Only two more pounds to go before I TRY and keep my weight stable, how do I do this? There must be an easier way to maintain your ideal weight than weighing myself everyday and half starving myself that day if I might have just put on a little bit? Am I destined to diet every other day?!!!
Oh what Id give for pie and chips, AND gravey AND bread and butty, mmmmm, oh well I can dream!
Happy dieting all, take care

eeyorelover
09-03-10, 15:59
Way to go Carol!
I don't think it's a matter of starving yourself. Somehow you have to find the balance between what you eat and how much and your activity level to keep your metabolism just right and keep the weight off.
It's tricky but once you find that balance you should be able to eat healthy and maintain the weight you want.
xxx

flix08
09-03-10, 16:10
well done for losing the weight everyone!!! i'm back home this weekend so will be weighing myself! i spoke too soon on the slim fast diet i am constantly hungry from lunch time till dinner, a milkshake just doesnt fill me up but i feel like any snack at all will be bad! sausage and mash for dinner tonight....is that bad?! xxxx

sb001f8994
09-03-10, 20:09
Hi all,
eeyorelover thanks for your words of support. I have to say when Ive been at my ideal weight I have sinned with the fudge and hagen dazs...need to remember it is rather fattening!!!
flix sausages are quite fat laden, weight watchers do sausages that are really low fat, I havent tasted them but my hubby and daughter both said they were nice and they'd have them again.
I really enjoyed my tea tonight, spag bol. Isnt it funny how much you appreciate food when your dieting?
Happy dieting all and take care

eeyorelover
10-03-10, 17:12
Well I weighed in last nite and I gained 1/5 of a pound. Not as bad as I thought I would do so I'm not upset about it!
It's a new week for me so I'm gonna do better this week and hopefully it'll work out well :)
xxx
Sandy

sb001f8994
10-03-10, 18:29
Sandy,
Never mind, its such a tiny amount. I do the wrong thing and weigh myself everyday, if I put on a bit I tend to try a bit harder. I think I am becoming a bit lapse now that Im almost at my ideal weight. Tonight I have been so bad and made chicken, chips, peas and I had a piece of bread and butter. My hubby is making me feel very guilty as he's sticking to his diet and only having chicken and veg...he's such a good boy!!!

Dying_Swan
10-03-10, 23:39
Well done everyone!

I couldn't do the Slim Fast plan...not that I've tried but I know I'd be starving! Sausages aren't great but there are some low fat ones that aren't too bad. Sainsbury's do some low fat cumberland sausages...they are a little odd but ok. Better I think used in things rather than on their own, so I've tried them in pasta sauces and quiche etc. If you like Quorn sausages, they are also much lower in fat.

Sandy - way to go! I'm amazed you only put on such a tiny amount with all the stress and emotion you've been going through. Thinking of you x

Keep up the good work everyone!

StandFree1903
11-03-10, 04:50
Count me in for slimming, need to lose the damn weight..... im countin ma calories n giving up the irn bru (well after next thursday lol)......

eeyorelover
11-03-10, 15:53
Welcome Pamii :)

I tried turkey sausages the other day and boy are they good!!! Made turkey burger one nite too but I wasn't as fond of that! ;)
They have a lot less fat in them but of course if your watching your salt intake they are a little high!
xxx
Sandy

HelenS70
12-03-10, 10:37
Hello all :D I am so pleased to see this forum still doing well, new members and success stories... wonderful! Thank you xxxx

Well I am back again, I am turning over some leaves, today I am going for a walk along the beach and I have picked up my food diary of myfitnesspal so you can all spy on me and give me the push that I need if you see something I shouldn't be eating. I am totally honest with this so that hopefully I will drop a few before summer!

Here is my diary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/HelenS70

P.S. Well done to all of you, I am soooo proud of you :hugs:

HelenS70
12-03-10, 10:50
I love sausages, I buy frozen Richmond thick sausages but the trick is to slap them on the george foreman and watch the amount of fat that drizzles out :ohmy: they are 254 cals for two but I reckon the calories go down if you grill them.

We have a treat at weekends, we have a baguette with either sausages or bacon with poached eggs and baked beans. Due to the high amount of calories I make sure I eat lean the rest of the day :D

Don't make this hard for yourself, my cal. for the day is set at 1700 cals. to lose 1lbs a week. It is realistic and you don't feel like you are cheating if you do have a toffee crisp or a bag of cheese and onion :noangel:

Oh and another thing to snack on but it they are high in cals but they are good for you and full of fibre.

1 bowl: 5 prunes, 3 figs, 2 madjool dates and 5 brazil nuts to snack on in the evening.

For all that suffer from IBS and water retention, go online or pop into Holland & Barratt for Burdock root (water retention amongst other things), Extra strength oil of peppermint capsules (I went 3 times in one day!!!!) and I bought some cider vinegar tablets, my dad swears by all of these and has lost 30kg! I know it comes at a price plus you have so many tablets already but get one of those pill boxes at the pound shop to organise for the day
:hugs:

HelenS70
12-03-10, 10:54
P.S. I have a bowl of fruit next to me so when I fancy picking/grazing or even bingeing I have an apple, pear or a banana plus I have a 5 litre bottle of water too. Snack on celery and carrot sticks for a nice little crunch (also good for water retention) :yesyes:

sb001f8994
12-03-10, 12:46
Hi all,
Managed to lose another pound, god knows how as Ive been a lot naughty this week, only one pound to go to ideal weight. I know on Sunday I will be really naughty but promise to get right back to it on Monday!
All your talk of sausages had me scouring the internet for low fat ones and Ive got a recipe (see below) Im going to try over the weekend, will let you know how it turns out.
You need:
400g pork mince
finely chopped onion
crushed clove garlic
one round of bread (crusts removed and blitzed in blender)
tablesppon of chopped parsley
tablespoon of chopped sage (if you cant get fresh parsley and sage use 2 tsp dried)
tablesppon chopped fresh chives
salt and black pepper
1/4 grated apple (this is optional, I dont think I will use this!).
mix all ingredients together and shape either into sausage shapes or patties and cook in moderate oven till golden, alternatively they can be grilled.
Goodness only knows what they taste like but Im giving it a go as I miss sausages!
Hope you all have a good weekend and try and be good, unlike me!
Take care

StandFree1903
12-03-10, 13:49
ive gone off the rails on the food already (oops).... i need to get my wii back from my mate as i have the wii fit n wii fit plus game, need to get back in mooooooooooood xx

eeyorelover
12-03-10, 13:59
Way to go on the loss Carol!
You must have done something right!
The recipe looks pretty darn good to me :)

Thanks for the tips Helen. Someone else was talking about the root you mentioned, I'll have to check it out.

Pamii, It's hard to get into the mood for exercise! I am trying my best but there are still days where I just can't get the motivation to do it!
I am working out 4 days a week and I know I should be moving more but I'm trying and that's what counts right?
;)

HelenS70
13-03-10, 14:34
Hello all, I had a **** of a day yesterday, ended up going absolutely hysterical crying etc. took two diazzies and managed to calm down (thank you Paul!)

I woke up feeling that I must do this for me, I must get rid of what is bringing me down emotionally and physically! I hate my back aches and not being able to walk up the stairs without my knee joints giving me jip. My ankles are still swollen too. I am going to eat celery tonight while I am working. Bloody IBS + Water retention together with lumbago and sciatica I feel twice my age and I am only 39!!!!

Yesterday I bought Walk with Me (pedometer) for my Nintendo dsi, I have logged my walking and food on http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/HelenS70 and must say that I am feeling much better.

So to set short term goals I am aiming for 5000 steps walking, calories remain at 1700 to lose 1 lbs a week so by my birthday (7th May) I want a stone gone! :whistles:

Good luck to all of you xxx

eeyorelover
13-03-10, 19:17
Sounds like your having a really hard time right now Helen!
But it also sounds like you have made a plan and that is a huge step in the right direction!
I have the same issue with stairs and that is what made me start WW.
My knees would ache so bad after climbing and I'd be out of breathe!
Well I'm not getting out of breathe as easy but my knees still kill me sometimes!
Hopefully once I lose a good amount that will subside!
Good luck this week!!
xxx
Sandy

HelenS70
14-03-10, 14:59
Eeyorelover, I am having a better day today... been for a 45min. walk with my son, it is such lovely weather then had a nice bath and now enjoying my fruit (lunch) cos tonight it's a calorie fest: bacon and egg baguette:doh: I have to keep up with my food intake, I am doing it by the book this time, no looking back and no reason to fail without being too hard on myself, I am set for 1700 cals a day!

Good luck all! Have a great week! :)

flix08
14-03-10, 19:30
i weighed myself yest and have lost 4 pounds in a month :) xxx

ZoJo
15-03-10, 13:06
Well done everyone - I lost 1lb last week.
Still not doing much because the sciatica! :weep:
Its been a bad week - demolition going on next to us (bricks falling onto house (its that close!) Went to my Mums for a bath (had to get out of my house) got out of the bath, went to reach for my clothes and my back went into spasm - Finally got my Mum to call for a paramedic as four hours on the floor waiting for doctors to call was getting slightly frustrating! Up again after gas and air and ever since then the butt and leg pain has started to ease :)
Just got to get over the pain in my butt that comes at night from laying down (can't find a suitable position as yet!) Doctors given me Diazapam for night time, but too chicken to take a whole one (Anyone tell me if they will work and get me to calm down and sleep??)
Well, no booze still and eating all the right foods (to keep me regular - painkillers and constipation - mmmmm nice!) so it seems to be working!!

Anyway - sorry for the rant, but well done to everyone and keep it up!!
xxxx

sb001f8994
15-03-10, 14:25
Hi all,
Well done all you weight losers, great stuff. I was very naughty yesterday and considering what I ate I didnt put on any weight at all, didnt lose any either but was expecting to put on at least one pound so well done me!!!
I'm back on track today and just had a grated cheese (you could count the grates of cheese!!!) and tomato sandwich for lunch and tonight Im going to try my sausage recipe (will let you know if its worth trying or binnig!). Also back to my gymball dvd as my back is all cleared up now so rearing to go there.
Zojo sorry to hear of your dreadful time and yes Ive found diazapam work great, I was only on 2mg but they worked fine for me so try them.
Off now to do my exercise dvd, happy slimming everyone.
Take care,

ZoJo
15-03-10, 16:48
Thank you so much Carol,

I have 2mg too. I think I might give it a go!!

I know exactly what you mean about counting the grates of cheese!!
Thanks and good luck xx

Dying_Swan
15-03-10, 19:01
Good work everyone!

ZoJo - I'm so sorry to hear what an awful time you've been having with your back. I went through a period of having (fairly mild) sciatica and it was horrible...nothing seemed to ease it. Only thing I found helped a little was my TENS machine...not sure if you've tried them? You can get them quite cheap now. Maybe check with GP first but it did help me.

sb001f8994 - looking forward to hearing how the sausage recipe turns out!

I've just gone to weigh in and lost 1.5lb this week so was pleased to reach my 'club 10' target (10% body mass), and then also got my 1.5 stone award (21lb) :) Not sure how this happened as I've eaten very badly this past week, so now I really must be good as I'm sure it will catch up with me!

Well done again to you all. Everyone is putting in a lot of effort and doing really well x