PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone offer advice please?

Lou 1
27-12-09, 13:58
Hi just looking for some advice on the way i have been feeling for the past couple of days.

I have had this very weird pressure feeling in my head, around my eyes and in my cheek bones and its making me feel very off balance.
I feel as though my head is too heavy for my body and i feel at times like its leaning to one side and shaking/twitching (although my partner says it never is).
I also feel like im on a boat, like im swaying and feel very floaty and dreamy.
I have just finished antibiotics as i had tonsilitis and i caught a cold on the last few days on taking them - so i havent been too well.
However i feel fine now apart from this feeling in my head.
I do suffer from anxiety, and have suffered from dizziness with my anxiety in the past, but i dont feel anxious at the min and this head pressure still comes on which then makes me feel anxious.
I have seen 3 different GP'S who have said its anxiety but i really dont think anxiety would cause these horrible sensations?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

june
27-12-09, 14:07
Hi Amber, i copied this from "symptoms" on left of screen.

You feel suddenly light-headed, woozy or dizzy. This is sometimes accompaniedby a feeling that you might faint or pass out. It also may feel as though youare walking on a boat, or that the floor seems to move up and down and it's hardto balance. You may also have difficulty placing your feet because yourperception of the ground or floor may be wrong. In some cases it may seem thateven though you are standing on a firm floor, the floor may be vibrating ormoving.
This is a very common feeling that most sufferers get. It's usually as a result of hyperventilation but also of intense fear and the adrenalin hit.
Hope it helps
June
:hugs:

Lou 1
27-12-09, 14:11
hi thanks for this, i was having a read too - but i dont feel like im hyperventillating i do take deep breaths sometimes but isnt hyperventillating gasping for breaths?

june
27-12-09, 14:24
:hugs:NO - hyperventing is when you breathe from your upper chest.
You can cope very well on 'shorter breathes' but then you get a spell of giddiness and you realise you are out of breath more quickly.

if you sigh alot / if you yawn alot / you get aches just under where your bra goes - this can be hyperventilation:blush::blush:
I am often told watch a baby breathe - its tummy moves not its chest:ohmy:
one more point - it is very:blush:difficult to correct:blush: you have to practice:blush:i am not good at practicing (ha ha)
Best wishes
June
:hugs:

Sparkie
27-12-09, 14:41
I had the exact same feeling when I had very bad sinusitis which in the end caused me to pass out. But if it was that I'm sure your doctors would of spotted it by now.

I hope you find out what's wrong and make a full recovery soon.

Sparks.

julia
29-12-09, 18:48
hello,i think it sounds just like sinusitis,go to your dr and get antibiotics!!hope you feel better soon let me know xx:)

margaret jones
29-12-09, 19:02
I to think it sounds like your sinuses are causing the balance prob i went to dr last week with the very same symptons and he said that the balance in my ear was disturbed due to virus / infection and prescribed some stemitel tabs to help with the boat feeling ( horrid ) he did say it would resolve itself if i did not take meds and it is certainly better without me needing tabs

Hope you feel better soon Margaret