PDA

View Full Version : trazodone - strange mouth

alisonmacd
27-12-09, 20:46
hi.

taken 3rd dose of trazodone. having strange mouth side effects but otherwise feeling calmer. has anyone else had pbs with their mouth while taking this?

i've been biting the sides of my tongue, feels like my tongue is bigger or something - though not swollen to obstruction like in the scary leaflet side effects. also my gums feel funny and my lips feel dry.

thanks, alison.

KK77
27-12-09, 21:21
I took trazodone for about 6 months and every time I took it I got a very dry mouth along with a strange taste. I think it's a very common side effect. I came off it when I was switched to another med. I was taking 50mg for sleep at night.

Hope it helps you.

HUBBER
28-12-09, 13:00
Hi,
I'm on 300mgs for a few months now, with no side effects at all. I'm also on citalapram and again no side effects at all.
I do think the trazadone is helping much more than any of the other meds that i have tried.

Alisonj
29-12-09, 02:49
My mouth gets super dry and my tongue feels wierd as well.

yvonne_uk_98
29-12-09, 06:29
've been biting the sides of my tongue, feels like my tongue is bigger or something - though not swollen to obstruction like in the scary leaflet side effects. also my gums feel funny and my lips feel dry.

Hi alisonmacd (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?u=26136),

I'm on Trazodone, I get the same kinda feeling with my lips and my tongue, it's like they are swollen, however they are not,feel thick and weird, I went to the drs about it, and found out it was not a side affect. the dr says it was nothing to worry about, as quick as it came, it can go as quick, or take longer to go. that it would come and go. I have gotten used to it. I'm going to ask my friend what the name of it is, let you know. or it could be a side affect from trazodone.

Yvonne