PDA

View Full Version : why have they come back!!!

hannah84
27-12-09, 21:37
Hi all i hope everyone had a nice christmas!
The reason i am writing tonight is because i have been having alot of panic attacks over the last couple of weeks but im getting a bit worried as i have been having lots of pains in my head its hard to explain but it feels like there is a lot of pressure in my head and neck i know this is just down to my panic attacks but i always have the need to be reassured has anyone else ever had this or is experiencing it now is this normal i know it probably is and im just being really silly also whenever i have a panic attack my right arm feels numb i can still move it but it just feels numb this is part of anxiety to isnt it!!!
yeah i know it is im sorry for asking as i said i always like to be reassured so thank you!!!
I am so annoyed i was doing so well why is this happening to me again what triggers it does anyone know because as far as i am aware nothing has changed in my life so i dont know why its come back im just so exhausted with all this again!! I dont want to moan about it as my problems in comparison to others are insignificant but I just need to let it all out!
Im sorry to rant but i havent told anyone else so i just wanted to let of a bit of steam sorry again thanks bye x :blush:

andrea thompson
27-12-09, 21:58
hi hon
dont apologise panic is awful. i have had panic and anxiety on and off for nine years... most of the time i have been fine but on occassions it has been really bad. so you are not alone in feeling like this.
i sometimes get a numb feeling, it can be my hands, my arms, my legs. it scares the life out of me. horrible isnt it. i just always re assure myself by thinking " this has happened before and it was anxiety". similarly i have had headaches and pins and needles and shooting pains in my head, i think its all down to anxiety.
i find it always helps to look at the symptoms on here - there is lots of reassurance when you can relate to the symptoms - its sort of a relief that its there in black and white that your symptoms are normal and caused by anxiety.
did you know that when you are anxious your body releases chemicals that affect your whole body - so all those symptoms that are so horrible and scary are the result of being in a state of panic.
try not to worry i am sure you will be feeling better soon - if you dont then go see your dr. ( i always feel great after visiting the dr. lots of reassurance).
also i think you said you havent told anyone about this - i have an auntie who has had problems like this in the past and she always makes me feel better. do you have a good friend or relative you could talk to. it might be the support you need.

take care

andrea x x

andrea thompson
27-12-09, 22:00
sorry hannah i forgot to say, do you think it could be the stress of christmas that has set you off? x x

hannah84
27-12-09, 22:14
Hello Andrea and thank you for your reply i cant help but apologise it is something that i have always done as i feel my anxiety is nothing compared to others problems, sorry about that:D
I should be used to them by now as i have had them since i was sixteen but they always seem to come back and catch me by surprise and i dont know why>
I dont think it is the stress of christmas as it is my favourite time of year and i am always really organised and happy and that has been no different this year except for the panic attacks i know no one likes them but i cant help but feel that i am going to be like this for the rest of my life and its just such a horrible thought.
Have anyone ever got over it i mean have you ever heard of people having them and them getting over them i would like to think so but i have never heard of them im sorry again i know im being silly im just feeling a bit down today thank you though for the message!! x

andrea thompson
27-12-09, 22:35
oh hon
i really sympethise with you. its so hard sometimes i know. i have been on anti depressents for nine years... i have have had bouts of panic, anxiety and depression but i would say i coped fine for about the past seven years although still taking seroxat. the past four years have been a doddle, i went to college, got a job, had a baby and everything was really good, i fell pregnant and unfortunatly lost the baby and the dr said what i am going through now is very similar to post natal depression and caused by hormones.... all the old feelings have returned and i have been really poorly. i am on citalopram now and gradually building myself up again. the dr said i was prone to this depression because of my past history ( depression and anxiety) what i would like to say though is that i feel i was basically cured. i was fine and happy and coping well. the recent unfortunate events have triggered tough times, but i think i will get through this and look forward to my recovery. i cant wait to be my old self again.
also my best mate has a friend who suffered really badly and she had hypnosis and within no time was back at work and happy. she was so impressed with hber treatment that she has trained to be a hypnotherapist herself and has started her own business and she gets referals from the dr.s in her area.... so yes i think people do recover and lead normal, happy lives... you will too.

i hope this helps... make sure you let us know how you are doing...

andrea x x

Slothette
27-12-09, 23:54
Hannah I know you said Xmas is your favourte time of year but theres still a bit of stress involved.

Maybe you have been rushing about getting last minute gifts or food. Also we want the day to be perfect and making it that way is stressful. Then if it isnt perfect, well that causes stress too. We cant win!

Don't worry about your symptoms (hard I know!) cos theyre all down to anxiety. You were doing well so just treat this as a little blip. You will get on top of the PA's again.

Lex xx

loulabella
28-12-09, 20:16
I just so have to add something here as you are EXACTLY the same as me. I have had depression on and off for 6 years and anxiety and full blown panic attacks for 6 months. We've been struggling to find the drugs to help ie: when I think they are something happens to set it off again. I'm having to see a neuro for terrible headaches which all started with the anxiety which I know must be related but u can't help but worry. My anxiety seemed under control till a week before Xmas and then boom - hit me again. With me I think it's a meds thing. Are u on meds? I'm only in my 20's too so can relate. Pm if needs be x x x

magic girl
28-12-09, 20:50
hi hannah
you sound like a lot of us on here during christmas,i normaly love christmas but last tuesday out of the blue massive panic and anxiety and iv felt pretty awful since.i get headaches and numbness when im suffering and i often think i must have somthing else wrong so your not alone and i also think you should visit your g.p,i hope you feel better soon and we are all here for you:bighug1::bighug1:

Andy84
29-12-09, 00:27
Hi,

Yeah, I think this is all normal. I've had pretty much all those symptoms. You may have seen it but there is a great page on anxietycentre.com where they list every anxiety symtom...usually I find what's bothering me there. Mostly it helps.

Hang in there...I know how you feel. I'm having a relapse myself...but it went away once, it will do so again :)

Andy84
29-12-09, 00:28
I just noticed - you're born the same year as me...not that that is particuarly interesting but it is nearly 1am! My mind is somewhat frazzeled!

hannah84
06-01-10, 19:54
Hi I have not been able to get internet coverage for the last couple of days due to the snow but thank you for all the replys its so nice to feel not alone if that makes sense.
I have felt better in the last couple of days but i always feel really weird at night time always when its dark i dont know why its so weird but hey ho we must go on!!!
I hope you are all ok, I see Andy that not only are we born in the same year we both used our birth years in our user names, arent we inventive ha ha!!
Hannah x x