PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety taking over my life

anx mum
28-12-09, 11:01
Had the worse xmas ever really dont know whats wrong with me:weep: feel so low crying everyday been dizzy and i feel like ive got no air its horrible. My bp and pulse r high. Lost my job just wanna b normal

Maj
28-12-09, 11:16
I really feel for you. It's horrible to feel as low as this. You can and will get better though. The breathing thing is unpleasant, I had this myself again after many years and it still managed to stop me in my tracks. You will always get enough air though, so let this thought relax you. Health anxiety does take over your life because it's so overwhelming. It's like an obsession, but due to a tired mind and anxious introspection. Do you take any meds to help. Sometimes we need a crutch for a while. If you do take meds then they're obv not working and I'd go back to the gp - you shouldn't have to feel as bad as this all the time. Don't struggle on your own, get the help from your gp. Many of us on here have felt exactly like you so you are not alone. Go and get more help though. With the right meds and acceptance that these are anxiety symptoms and will pass, next year can be a better year for you.
Myra x:hugs:

Cell block H fan
28-12-09, 11:19
Had the worse xmas ever really dont know whats wrong with me:weep: feel so low crying everyday been dizzy and i feel like ive got no air its horrible. My bp and pulse r high. Lost my job just wanna b normal

I think you need to go to the doctor & get something sorted. You shouldn't be living like this, its not even living is it. If you blink kids are adults before you know it, & you're missing out on the best years. Not to mention them knowing you're not happy. I didn't deal with my mum being unhappy or ill when I was a kid too well, I hated it. Thankfully she wasn't unhappy most of the time.
If the doctor you have isn't taking you seriously enough, I would change doctors.
Everyone has a right to a normal life. Yes, there will always be ups & downs, nothing is perfect, but if you're constantly stressed all the time, that alone will wreck your health in the long run.
Hope you get it sorted xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

anx mum
28-12-09, 11:20
thanks myra on sentaline and diazpam when i need it. Just want 2 b well for my boys feel so gulity. My partner has been home over xmas but goes bk 2 work 2moz dreading it:weep: hate being alone.

anx mum
28-12-09, 11:23
i agree my doc is a waste of time been diagnosed with bells palsey i know that has got me down than was scared cos had 2 have mri luckily it come bk normal.

Maj
28-12-09, 11:26
Please do not feel guilty - you are only human and are suffering from extreme anxiety!!! Dont be so hard on yourself. It's a living hell to feel like this without feeling guilty as well. You deserve to get help to feel better and it's your doctor's job to do this. You sound like a caring, loving, sensitive mum and I'm sure your boys are as happy as larry. You're doing the right thing being on here and trying to get help. Some meds are useless to people and a change could make such a huge difference to get you on the right track. Go back to your gp - you so deserve to get help through this and start enjoying life again - it's everyone's right.

Maj
28-12-09, 11:29
p.s. And as for the bell's palsy - anyone would be shocked for this to happen to them so no wonder you are feeling so low. You're having such a rough time but you will get through this.

anx mum
28-12-09, 14:11
thank u myra for all ur support x