PDA

View Full Version : NMP Recipes

HelenS70
28-12-09, 14:52
This is where we add all our deliciously healthy foods for each other to try. I want to see plenty of veg and not too much fat. I will continue using full fat butter/olive oil/vegetable oil and full fat milk. I don't believe in those light things just halve the amount it will be fine. I have successfully dieted this way before.
It is more about portion control and knowing when you are full you stop. Don't slump into the boredom eating, drink a pint of water instead lol also comfort eating (my downfall) come and chat in the room or talk to someone who is also following this nmp lifestyle.

Recipe:

Large stockpan needed.

Get some chicken breasts or chuck in your carcus of chicken with stuffing and a whole onion and two knorr stock cubes (knorr is my favourite) and bring to boil and let it simmer for 45 min.
Leave in a cool place overnight so you can skim the fat off the top and also take all meat off bones and remove excess fat/skin.

chop up chunky veg. I use swede, parsnips, sweet potato, butternut squash, carrots, leek, onions, celery and sometimes I pop in a cauliflower.

This all need to be brought to the boil again for 30/45 min.

This usually cost me around 3 or 4 quid to make but it lasts me 5 days, remember to put it on/in cold place after boiling (I put the pan on kitchen floor cos its blummin freezing lol)

I used to add dumplins and if you do fancy having one then get the vegetable suet and self raising flower some dried parsley and water, the instructions on packet of suet. It is simple!

If you have any questions regarding cooking or this diet don't hesitate to ask.

Enjoy! :winks:

janielee
28-12-09, 17:24
yay i can start making yummy food xxxxxxxx

HelenS70
28-12-09, 17:29
This one was especially for you Emm xxx :D