PDA

View Full Version : Newbie x

tequesta81
28-12-09, 15:49
Hiya,

Im Michela and new to here x
I had a break down at 19 and was diagnosed with depression and was given anti-depressants and lots of therapy.
I was out of work 6 years before I felt ready enough to go back.
After having lots of spates of sickness with my mental health I was diagnosed early this year with acute anxiety leaning more towards social anxiety. I am now about to loose my job so feel like Im back to square one x

I suffer from numerous anxiety attacks throughout the day be it while Im round people or sat at home on my own. Sometimes I dont realise Im having one coz it happens so often x
My fear is people and I struggle to be round anyone for too long, I feel I dont get the same things or reactions that other people do and I try to prepare myself in advance for any situation and immitate people x
My work's doctor has said I have a lot of Asperger Traits so seeing another psychiatrist in Jan for a diagnosis either way, I just want to be 'normal' and fit in without these dysfunctional and irrational fears that are ruling my life x

Im now on my third lot of anti-depressants and numerous therapies that only have a short term fix and awaiting a new support worker x

Sorry to go on, I would like to hopefully get some support from this website and meet like minded people x

M x

diane07
28-12-09, 15:52
Hi tequesta81

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

eva82
28-12-09, 23:14
Hi! I just signed up also, but have been browsing this site for several months now. From what I have witnessed, this forum is filled with some of the most supportive and understanding people ever! Hope you find the support you are looking for!:)

Andy84
29-12-09, 00:34
Hey, I'm new too...it sounds like you've had a tough time but stay positive. There is always light at the end of the tunnel!