PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumor anxiety

lees6655
28-12-09, 16:37
Hi this is the first time i have posted on hear i have had health anxiety for about ten years i thought that i have had allsorts wrong with me .In the past ten years i have had anxiety almost every year which last normally for about 4 weeks constantly i always think the worst is wrong with me i have had lots of test done before .My latest attack i think that i have got a brain tumor i have been to the doctors about 8 times in the last few weeks bot my doctor thinks its my anxiety . I just carnt seem to shake it i have been put on prozac again which normally sorts me out .My symptoms are dizziness blurred vision feeling shaky most of the time pressure behind my eyes feeling a bit spaced out soar neck and shoulders and when i tilt my head back it makes a cracking noise slight headaches but not all the time and they arnt bad headaches my sinuses feel a bit blocked too .I have had most of these symptoms before and i have been fine but i carnt seem to shake it anybody else feel like this or and advise please thanks.

steven67
28-12-09, 17:40
hi lee wecome to nmp, i am the same as you.i had a ear infection this lead to sinuses probs,the pain you get behind the eyes ,with me it was my sinuses all the other symptoms you/ve got ,i would say it was anxiety i had headaches for 18 mths all the time, i thought i had a brain tumor now my all gone,because i think i have something else wrong with me ,take care ,you are not on your own.

meg86
28-12-09, 19:52
Hello :)

i have had brain tumour anxiety before i know how scary it is.

I had pretty much all the same symptoms as you, constant awful headaches, blurry vision, dizziness, feeling unbalanced, pressure in my face and behind my eyes, and numbness and pins and needles in my arms.

I was sooo scared i went to the doctor and was convinced i had a brain tumour i went to the optician to see if he could see anything behind my eyes but all was clear, then my worst nightmare happened! a big lump apperaed on my head! i thought there is no way its not a brain tumour!

My doctor sent me for a ultrasound straight away, turned out it was nothing! and the lump went down.

After that all the above symptoms dissapeared! the thing to remember is every single one of yours and my symptoms are also symptoms of anxiety, trust your doctor! try and be positive tell yourself you dont have a tumour and ignore the "what ifs" im sure you will notice that the less you stress about it your symptoms wont be as strong.

Take care

eva82
28-12-09, 23:37
I have been fearing this too for quite soem time now. I have weird head pains almost everyday, pressure, and what I can only describe as a heavy head type feeling. I've had a CT scan, bloodwork, neurological exam and all came back normal. I have also been told it is anxiety, stress, tension, but it can be so hard to believe because I get these headaches and sensations even when I don't really feel any anxiety or stress. Glad to know I am not alone! The only things that have helped me out a little bit has been talking to my family and a therapist and trying to keep myself busy throughout the day. I tend to let my anxiety take over at night when I am most relaxed and not doing much. Keep us posted on how you're doing...
~Eva

lees6655
29-12-09, 16:20
Hi thanks for your replys ive been back to the doctors today asking for a brain scan and the doctor said i didnt need one iam starting to think that its all in my head just need to convince myself .Carnt wait to feel better again so i can get on with my life