PDA

View Full Version : Depression in morning, really happy at night??

BabyRachel
29-12-09, 00:15
The title sort of says it all. Recently I've noticed I get really depressed in the mornings, it lasts til various times... Then around 8 at night I get happy, sometimes a bit hyper....

I don't know whats going on? Im sick of being really depressed, I wish I could just feel normal moods all day...

Can anyone help me figure out whatis going on? Could this be medication related? (I take Escitalopram)...

This is really messingwith my head, any help would be so appreciated...

Ty.xx

Alisonj
29-12-09, 01:50
I wish I had an answer for you. I am the same way. It has taken over my sleeping patterns because I sleep late in the am because I feel depressed or anxious and then I am up till like 3am because I feel alot better during that time. I hope we both can figure it out soon

BabyRachel
29-12-09, 01:55
My sleeping is exactly the same Allison!!!

I'm going to my doctor on Thursday to ask about this among other things, i'll post on here what she has to say. Hopefully something helpful for us!!

eva82
29-12-09, 06:20
I have noticed that when I am depressed, I am at my worse in the monring and late at night. When I am finally able to get out of bed and get ready (shower, make-up, hair) I begin to feel better. Then at night, when I am most relaxed and have more alone time with my thoughts, it tends to all come back.

Just.A.Girl.x
29-12-09, 09:47
Rach...isnt the answer obvious?? Its because I come online at 8pm your time!! hehe!! See I am the opposite to you..all happy and motivated in the morning and then at night im all :( its a pain!! xxx

BabyRachel
29-12-09, 11:35
Hahaha of couuurrrrseee hun, how could I not see this!

Hun does it happen to you every day? Cos it happens to me every day... its really weird? xx

Just.A.Girl.x
29-12-09, 12:03
Yeah it has happened to me for a very long time now...like I can hardly function at night lol...when my friends went out in the day id be fine but if i went out at night I would always leave earlier than everyone else because I just feel like ill collapse..its very strange!! xx

Alicat
29-12-09, 23:11
I'm exactly the same. I hate mornings, especially when I have time off work. I just feel anxious and like the whole day ahead is really overwhelming. By about 7 I'm feeling good and I end up staying up til ridiculous hours and sleeping late, which makes me feel worse cos my sleeping pattern is screwed up.

My therapist told me it was something to do with the levels of cortisol at different times.

BabyRachel
30-12-09, 01:02
Thanks for that Ali, I'll look that up :) It sounds exactly like me as well... I thought I was the only one like this!! Hopefully we can all figure out the answer!