PDA

View Full Version : Horrid Attack

Andy84
29-12-09, 03:29
Hi guys,

Just at the tail end of an rather unpleasant panic attack and I thought I was share and get a bit or reassurance.

It started in bed. Woke up, left hand all tingly. Then I get this slight coldness in my chest and frankly this sets me off. I try and get it all under control by using the rational thinking. This actualy makes it worse becasue it draws attention to panicking. Anyway, I get really dizzy, trembly, am crazy and call Bupa (well, what's the point of health insurance if you don't use it?!)...

Calming a little now but could do with some reassurance - this just panic, rigth?

SleeplessFog
29-12-09, 03:34
I am sure it is just panic...the tingly arms, the dizzy/lightheadedness too. I've gotten these things with my PAs. Good to hear you have calmed down a bit.

Rational thinking is so hard during one of those attacks :(

Andy84
29-12-09, 03:38
Hey Sleepless,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I've only just found this website so when the panic hit me I ran straight for it! Normally I'm quite good at rationising during panic - many years of practise! But didn't really seem to happen for me tonight. But, yeah, seem to have calmed down a little bit. I think it doesn't help becasue it threw up slightly different sensations from normal. It's like the anxiety tries to catch you out every now and then. Man, panic really sucks!

And ti takes so long to retreat some times!

BornWorrier
29-12-09, 10:17
Yes - that's 100% panic. I can relate to that coldness in the chest feeling, this always happens to me at the start of an attack. I think it's probably part of the "fight or flight" response.

Hope you're feeling better now :)