PDA

View Full Version : Was this a PA or something else??

Brownie
31-01-04, 09:24
Hi all,

Earlier tonight I was watching a movie, and out of nowhere I got this very odd tingling feeling throughout my neck and shoulders then I got very hot and just could'nt catch my breathe I felt as though I was being suffocated. I have had many panic attacks but this one was just different(If it was a panic attack). I'm probrably over reacting but Lately I just feel like something else is wrong with me besides my panic disorder, even though deep down I know thats all it is. Am I going nuts (lol)!
-Christie[:I]

sarah
31-01-04, 11:01
Hiya Christie

What you describe is the same as I get sometimes. Sitting qiuetly watching tv and i get a tingling feeling and hot and an overwhelming desire to dissapear off to bed to sleep and forget it(I got it last night watching a DVD).. Its not a full on panic attack but slight anxiety. I know it feels daft, you know just sitting there, no probs watching a movie and you feel like that but I think maybe its just the panic's way of saying 'im still here, dont forget me'...lol.

I hope this reassures you, and im sure we 2 arent the only ones who get this feeling. I know other people have posted on here to say they get feelings like this watching tv.

When i feel like this I just get up, make myself a drink, do a bit of breathing and give myself a good talking to while the kettle is boiling and wriggle and fidget around on the sofa for a bit, it soon goes.lol

love Sarah
xx

cindyc
31-01-04, 11:49
Hi Christine.....the very same things happen to me, not only while watching tv, but sometimes while driving, at the computer, reading a book, or virtually any time of day. I too do the self talk, breathing, call a friend, self-talk, or whatever quick fixes work. Rarely do the little twinges turn into a full attack, but they're annoying none the less. I think the most important thing to do is to remember that there is nothing else wrong.....its just the anxiety.....and we know that when its done, we'll be fine. Keep your chin up......together we'll all kick these awful things once and for all!

Cindy

Meg
31-01-04, 13:14
When you're siting quietly doing something relatively passive, your inner chatter gets going and you can can not even notice as your main attention is on the road, the Tv etc until the symptoms start

This is why so many people report panic starting in the car, TV, cinemas etc. It's down time where your innards get a chance to get heard.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

diana
31-01-04, 21:26
Hi Christie,

I too have had the same things happen to me, so I agree with everyone else about it being anxiety. It passes, but like Cindy said they are annoying to say the least ey? Try not to read to much into it, you already know what it is. I don`t know if it helps or not, but I too have been feeling in the back of mind (dying to get out)!!! that there is something more wrong with me too. Though I do know it is just anxiety. It still is quite uncomfortable most of the time. I am sure there are alot more of us on here that feel this way too.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

stimpy
04-02-04, 11:41
Don't you just hate it when Mr Panic jumps out from behind the sofa to give you a funny turn.

I'm 99% sure it was just panic showing itself in a different way.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

Laurie28
04-02-04, 13:25
I agree with you Liz, It is like when you start to say aha I know you are a panic attack you are NOT going to beat me, it then gives you another version to sort of trick you into going back to square one ie I can't breathe, move etc!

I think it was Charlie that said treat most things as anxiety and if it is not then we will soon know eh!
(I hope that made some sense!)

Lucky