PDA

View Full Version : Recovery

ashero38
29-12-09, 11:57
Hi everyone is complete recovery possible and has anyone done it or know of people who have.:unsure:

BornWorrier
29-12-09, 21:27
Well - me! Kind of :)

I consider myself largely recovered from the worst of my HA. I'm still "health sensitive"...but time and experience have taken the worst of it away.

That's why I come here - to try and offer some support and advice to people going through it now. And also to get some reassurance on the ocassions that I start to wobble a bit :)

eva82
29-12-09, 21:33
I have read some stories on here of people who have gotten pretty close to complete recovery, but it is a process and I am sure that once you have an anxeity disorder, it takes a lot of work and support to completely get over it. I know I still have a long road ahead of me...

pollyanna
29-12-09, 22:25
I believe some people can recoverfully, but i think there are so many factors and combinations of factors on which this depends.
diagnosis, treatment, length of illness, supports, personality/genes, to name but a few.
I dont believe i will fully recover, it has been over 20 years, and so many things have happened since the original illness, i believe it will always be with me to a greater or lesser degree, but i will never give up trying to live a happy and fulfilling life as best i can .

Life chucks lots of things at people in their lifes, and i suppose its really what you do with it, i like to think of that old saying, ' when life gives you lemons, make lemonade'. granted sometimes that lemonade is flat and sour, but i do my best to make it fizzy and refreshing.....:)

P x

lorac
30-12-09, 12:38
Pollyanna you are so right. For many years I dwelled on anxiety and panic and my life was miserable it stopped me doing so many things but not now. I started to realise the anxiety wasnt going to dissapear overnight but it was no reason to stop me doing the things I wanted to do even with it there. You are right we do have to use what we have and live our lives around it, once I realised this my life changed so much and even though I still have anxiety, sometimes a little sometimes alot, I can still enjoy life and I can still do what I want to do. I think this is recovery, being able to live around anxiety and panic and just accepting the way you are.