PDA

View Full Version : one small step..

loli1982
29-12-09, 13:29
hello..
today im going to the bottom of the drive, the reason im posting about it
is to see if anybody else wants to join in!
a couple of days ago, me and sparkie did this, and it really helped to know that there was someone else doing the same thing at the same time.
(im trying to go a little further every day, for longer)
i realise not everyone could, or would want to do this, but if you feel like joining in with your "one small step" post about it, it doesnt need to be going outside, it could be anything! thought we could try for 4pm?

thanks for reading this!

Sweetpea6
29-12-09, 14:05
Good luck with that! You can do it loli! :yesyes:

Sparkie
29-12-09, 14:40
Yup I'm up for it again! Hopefully its stopped raining by then, if not I don't mind getting a little wet.

Sparks.

maddie
29-12-09, 14:44
I started this way and can now make it 1/4 mile to our local shop :)

I'm all for supporting each other, so I'll walk down the path with you at 4pm :hugs:

loli1982
29-12-09, 14:48
thank you!! still snowing here, i may need my snowshoes! ha ha!

maddie
29-12-09, 14:50
I might need to leave a trail back - it's thick fog here. lol

magic girl
29-12-09, 15:59
good luck with it,i will be thinking of you and i will be doing the same thing myself soon when iv built up the stregnth and courage:yesyes::yesyes:

loli1982
29-12-09, 16:04
everybody ready? here we go!! ha ha! good luck and will b thinking of you all!!

loli1982
29-12-09, 16:18
drum roll..... ta daaaaa. i made it, im alive, im freaking out slightly and im bloody cold, but i made it!! one small step for the ginger! everybody else ok?

maddie
29-12-09, 16:38
Whew ... Who's daft idea was that??? :roflmao: I made it, but it was da*n cold. Just got the circulation back in my fingers to type!

Congratulations loli :yahoo::yahoo:

You still there Sparkie?

loli1982
29-12-09, 16:47
ha ha, blame sparkie for this idea!! :D actally really glad cause it made me a little braver! congrats to you for makin it too! thermals on the next time though!!
:yesyes:

Slothette
29-12-09, 16:53
Well done loli and maddie :yesyes:.....I can go to places with a "safe person" but not on my own.....so if youre doing it again, I'm up for the challenge. I can get to the bottom of the road but going down the path is still good practice :D. xxx

Sparkie
29-12-09, 17:07
haha well done guys! I'm proud of you! :yesyes:

I managed it but found it more difficult this time around probably because it was actually light and I felt exposed haha. :blush:

I took my dog as support and just kept saying c'mon Sid we can do it! lol I have an awful headache now.

If you guys weren't doing it too I would of probably backed out I was really anxious today.

Thanks!

Sparks.

Jimpy
29-12-09, 17:32
Well done to you all! Things like this really uplift my mood all the best for next challenge!

Jim

crissy
29-12-09, 18:01
congratulations to you all I am so proud of you, Brilliant, Good Luck with every new step.
love crissyxxx

magic girl
29-12-09, 18:04
well done guys you both deserve a big pat on the back and iv been told by psyciatrist to reward myself with a treat when im brave and manage to do scarey things so ithink you should treat yourselves well done im proud of you:yesyes::yesyes:

Sparkie
29-12-09, 19:53
Is there a plan for 2mo?

I think if I am feeling better than I did today ill try and walk 1/4 way up my street with Sid haha. :D

Sparks.

loli1982
29-12-09, 20:14
i will attempt the other side of the crescent i think.. see how far i get!:D
huge thanks to everyone for the messages of support! (and magic girl, thanks for the advice, im off to find some choc as a reward!! any xuse!! ha ha!! :yesyes:)

BunnyMazonas
29-12-09, 20:45
Wow! Well done, this is really great!

sb001f8994
29-12-09, 21:10
Very well done everyone, this is such a good idea. I started off with small steps and its steps in the right direction. I have found doing the same route till I feel confident and panic free then going a bit further is working for me. Im also getting out in the car too and getting a bit further away, trouble is its getting time for me to go that extra few yards and I find this a bit frightening but knowing you are all doing this at the same time is an incentive to spur me on, thank you. Id just like to point that I dont drive myself, Id be dangerous behind the wheel!!!
Take care everyone and good luck to us all.
Carol x

maddie
29-12-09, 22:48
OK 4 o'clock tomorrow then? It's going to be hard to set a distance for us all to go, so how about setting a time that we stay out? Say 10 minutes for tomorrow?

If you walk to the end of the drive again then don't want to go further, that's fine - just stand for the time and look around you. If you feel shaky, distract yourself counting windows, red cars, dead plants, anything you can see. Breathe deep and feel the sharp fresh air reach your lungs. If you make it further or longer that'll be wonderful.

Is that OK with everyone? :hugs:

Sparkie
29-12-09, 23:11
Ill see how I am feeling tomorrow, I think If I'm in the right frame of mind I could probably do that. :unsure:

Louise hurry and get hold of a teleport machine or learn some sort of magic lol so we can all hold hands and walk down the street together! :yesyes:

Sparks.

loli1982
29-12-09, 23:48
er ok, will try for 10 mins.... this could be good. i may try a lap of the crescent instead, that will take me about 10 mins, i may have to ski it though, the snows getting really deep here!:D

maddie
30-12-09, 10:43
You still on for 4pm? I have a new pair of thermals warming on the radiator. There are blizzards forecast here :wacko:

loli1982
30-12-09, 12:31
hello, 4 sounds good, im off to see if i can find my sledge, possibly some husky dogs to pull it!! the weather is shocking here too.:D

ladybird64
30-12-09, 13:54
I'm really enjoying reading about your little excursions!

I'm afraid I can't join you as it's raining but will think of you while I'm sipping a nice hot cuppa! (Needless to say I will be with you in spirit though) :tongue: :D

Sparkie
30-12-09, 14:28
I'm on the fence as to whether I am going to do it today.

Sparks.

loli1982
30-12-09, 15:08
hi sparkie, havin a bad day?

Sparkie
30-12-09, 15:11
hi sparkie, havin a bad day?

Not really, better than yesterday. I did a workout this morning for the first time in MONTHS so now I feel mentally and physically drained and lets not forget lazy hehe. :D

Are you ok?

Sparks.

loli1982
30-12-09, 15:28
yup, ws havin a bit of a pity party earlier, but chilln now. sod it, ive got a whole chocolate birthday cake to eat by myself!! :D
gettin ready for my big walk, will be walking to the tune of freebird, its 11 mins long, so im goin to try and stay out that long! see, i have a plan!:yesyes:

Sparkie
30-12-09, 15:39
Ahhhh yes! Its you're Birthday today!

HAAAAAPPY BIRTHDAY LOUISE!

X X X X

:hugs:

Half hour until its time to set off! I think ill go too and take Sid! Rock and roll. lol

Sparks.

loli1982
30-12-09, 15:45
remember the shoes!!

maddie
30-12-09, 16:01
I'm here! Ready??:)

maddie
30-12-09, 16:18
Loli is it your birthday?? :bighug1: HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Sparkie how you doing?

I have a confession to make. I felt bad yesterday and even worse today. I went back to bed until 2.15 and was going to cheat about the walk this afternoon. I have my daughter and the baby coming tomorrow to stay over. The housework still isn't done and there's no food in so I felt very guilty.

Then I thought - who am I cheating? I realised only I'd know if I said I'd been out and hadn't. Why cheat myself? That would be more guilt to add. So I grabbed my purse and coat, got in the car and went to Aldi all by myself for the first time in years. I decided to get the meat and desert I wanted, so if I couldn't do more than that I could get the rest at my local shop in the morning. I charged through the other shoppers in totally the opposite direction to the flow. I didn't actually see any of them, just the freezers at the end of the shop. Found what I wanted, then started a long conversation with myself "now go for the bread" "now the bacon" "some milk"
I got the lot!

Made it home just in time to sign on for you two, who were my inspiration and conscience.

I hope you made your targets. Thank you xxxxx :bighug1:

Slothette
30-12-09, 16:30
Oh well Done Maddie....thats brilliant. I just walked around the block on my own. Havent done it for years. Can't believe it.

Happy Birthday Louise...hope youre having a lovely day. :hugs:

Sparks...hope you and Sid had a nice walk xx :)

maddie
30-12-09, 16:32
Slothette WELL DONE!!!!!! :bighug1:

PS. Have you given yourself a reward? I grabbed a chocolate bar at the till. lol

loli1982
30-12-09, 16:36
wow! congratulations maddie!!! thats a huge step to take out of the blue like that! :yesyes: am really glad you made it!
yup, i made it too, all the way round the crescent, didnt go blue, didnt fall over, didnt have a heart attack, so im happpy!! yeah, its my birthday, 27 today! (gettin old)
i was really nervous about going out for that long, but would never have gone that far if you hadnt suggested the time thing!
its really great to read your post, and realise that it can be done! thank you!

loli1982
30-12-09, 16:38
congratulations slothette too!!:yesyes:

maddie
30-12-09, 16:42
Loli that's FANTASTIC! :yahoo: What a way to mark your birthday. Well done :bighug1:

What's next?????

loli1982
30-12-09, 16:47
hmmm... dunno, i may try the corner shop tommorrow, see how far i get. would be nice to get to the shop myself for once! you have inspired me!:D will be going a bit earlier tho... new years eve tommorrow!

sparkie, how u and sid get on?

Slothette
30-12-09, 16:49
aww well done loli....cut yourself a big slice of birthday cake and relax now :yahoo:

maddie I opened a box of chocs I was given for Xmas and now I'm tucking in lol.

Yeah whats next???

Sparkie
30-12-09, 16:50
WAAAAAAAH! Holy *BEEP* ladies lol well done! Haha I'm so proud I have a huge grin from ear to ear after reading the success you have had today! :yahoo: Outstanding job!

I myself have just got back, yes it is 16:45 but don't get to excited I didn't set off until 16:15 - 16:20 I almost backed out just stood there with my jacket on and Sids collar and lead in my hand!

But I didn't want to let you guys down, plus I find if I put the collar and lead on Sid he goes crazy with excitement so I cannot disappoint him by backing out!

Annnnyyyway I went around my block too! :yesyes: Sadly seemed to of pulled a muscle or something in the soul of my foot but who cares! haha.

WELL DONE TO ALL.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Sparks.

maddie
30-12-09, 16:51
I'll have to go earlier too. My daughter is coming at 2.

Sparkie - hope you are OK. :hugs:

While I'm on a high I'm going to take a duster and the hoover to the bedrooms. I'll check back when I've done them xx

maddie
30-12-09, 16:52
Sparkie - DON'T GET EXCITED?????? I'm spinning cartwheels for you (well, I would if i could!) You were out at least 20 minutes. :yesyes: What an achievement

Hope your foot isn't bad. I've got a silly grin on my face too hehe xxxxxxx

maddie
30-12-09, 16:58
Sparkie - we must have posted at the same time. Just realised my post 43 looks like an answer to yours and that I wasn't delighted for you. I didn't know you were back when I wrote that.

Right, I'm off to dust. Back soon.

oscar1
30-12-09, 17:00
Well done everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so happy for you all.

xxxxxx

Sparkie
30-12-09, 17:04
I can't put full weight on my foot at the moment, I think I have just pulled something but I'm to happy to care at the moment!

Yup about 20 mins Maddie hahaha :roflmao:

So happy right now, seriously smiling so much my cheeks are beginning to hurt.

Sparks.

magic girl
30-12-09, 17:04
don't forget to reward yourselves remember its a huge thing you managed to do so treat yourselves well done im proud of you all :yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

suzy-sue
30-12-09, 17:05
WELL DONE GUYS :yahoo: lUV Sue xx:yahoo::hugs:

Sparkie
30-12-09, 17:22
Now that's 1 very proud doggy! Had to take a quick picture lol.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9050/prouddoglol.jpg

Ignore the dirty socks. :blush:

Sparks.

Slothette
30-12-09, 17:39
Aww lovely pic of Sid......hows your foot now? .....this might sound odd but when I was totally housebound and started going outside again with a safe person my feet used to kill me.....i think it might have been cos when I was housebound I only walked on carpet and not hard ground :shrug:

Jellie
30-12-09, 18:04
Yay well done guys! :hugs: I actually managed to do this today too..thought it was an immense idea :D Though It did take me all day to rile myself up, ended up going out about 5.25 and did at least 4 mins (half a block* we have small blocks!). Whee! Now i'm sleepy.. don't think i'm used to the fresh air hehe xx

crissy
30-12-09, 18:17
fantastic congratulations to you all, your dog looks a real pal they are so unconditional.
keep it up
love crissyxxxxxxxxxxx

maddie
30-12-09, 18:26
Jellie hello. Very well done :D It's amazing how tiring it is to push yourself through the barriers and get out. At least today it's a good tired! :yesyes:

Sid looks so pleased to have taken you for a walk Sparkie. Bet he's looking forward to showing you all his favourite lamposts now. :roflmao:

I'm going to suggest that we try the same again tomorrow (with me going a walk not shopping!) Consolidating on what we've done - and maybe even getting some pleasure from it next time, is better than pushing too fast too soon. If anyone wants to do more, that's great.

I'll go my walk at 11am. If you can't come then, please think of me. It will be hard in this windy weather as I can't hear if anyone comes up behind me - a huge fear. Family are coming from 2pm, but I'll check in before and later in the evening to see how you all do.

Thank you to all those who are supporting us. Cheers gratefully accepted! :flowers:

Tomorrow's our last chance to show the fighting spirit we're going to take forward into the New Year. Good luck everyone! :bighug1:

loli1982
30-12-09, 18:38
congratulations jellie and sparkie!!!! and wow does sid look happy!!:D
hope your foot feels better sparkie.

Slothette
30-12-09, 19:06
Hi maddie....I will join you at 11am. I think I'll go around the block again. I don't want to do too much too soon as if I have a PA it will put me off!.

I think I will aim to get comfortable walking round the block and then push it a bit further.

The worse bit is when I can't see the front door and I go round the corner.

Well done jellie....onwards and upwards now matey :)

Lex xx

maddie
30-12-09, 21:49
Good to have you with me Slothette. :hugs:

As you walk, try looking for red front doors or count windows with net curtains - anything to keep yourself grounded and focused.

Talk tomorrow xx

maddie
31-12-09, 10:44
It's a dry sunny morning here. No sign of the forecast snow. Still windy, though, which is what I dislike most. I'm about to put my coat on and go for my walk while the washing is in the machine.

Good luck anyone else who's going out.

Meet up with you later xx

maddie
31-12-09, 11:49
That was OK. I was rather frazzled when I went out. The fresh air helped, but my nose and ears are stinging now - it's cold out there!

I decided not to go to the shop, so I walked to the nature reserve about 1/2 mile away. When I reached the car park there were people with dogs, so I didn't go on up the path. They tend to let them loose even though they shouldn't and I'm too on edge to cope with dogs jumping at me today.

Well, family are descending soon. I'd best check what I'm doing with the meal.

I am pleased that I went out. I hope some of you go too. :hugs:

Sparkie
31-12-09, 11:57
I have just woke up, congrats on going on the walk Maddie! Awesome job mate. :yesyes:

My plan was to go for a walk this morning as to avoid all the people getting ready for tonight. But my foot is absolute murder, which sucks cause I actually feel like going for a walk....

Last day of 2009!

Lets hope the neighbours keep the noise level down tonight and don't have to knock the door for anything lol.

I hope everyone is doing ok.

Sparks.

carli
31-12-09, 12:05
Good luck to you all although im sure you wont need it :bighug1:

Slothette
31-12-09, 12:20
Hi maddie.....I went out too at 11am. Just around the block again. It's pretty cold here too. I felt quite comfortable until a few rowdy kids came around the corner and put me off a bit. No harm done though.

Well done maddie...and to anyone else who's going outside! xx

Lex

maddie
31-12-09, 12:22
:bighug1: Wonderful! Well done. "I felt quite comfortable" what a way to go!! I hope you are proud of yourself xx

Slothette
31-12-09, 12:56
Yes I feel quite good :D :yesyes: xx

loli1982
31-12-09, 14:34
congratulations to all who made it outdoors today!!:yahoo:
am really glad you are all doing so well!
am still trying to work up to it, but willl let you know if i manage. :unsure:

Slothette
31-12-09, 15:05
C'mon loli...you can do it!....:hugs:

loli1982
31-12-09, 17:45
well, i did it... went to the shop, didnt go very well, there was a queue, idiot in front of me had to go ask his wife who was outside a question.... groan.
managed to stand and pay (freaking out, convinced i was having a heart attack) got outside and flew home, that was hour and half ago, still slightly freaked, numb face, feelin light headed... grrr am fed up with this. im on beta blockers, think i may need a higher dose. i know im not having a heart attack, but why wont the little voice at the back of my head listen to the sensible one up front? never mind, anyway happy new year people!

Slothette
31-12-09, 18:35
Aww well done hun.....ok you felt a bit crappy but nothing really bad happened and you managed to stand in a queue and pay....thats brilliant if you ask me. :yesyes:

Are you going out again tomorrow?

Lex xx

loli1982
31-12-09, 18:44
will see how far i get, not going to push it, today really freaked me out.
plus, dont really want to bump into anyone. thanks for all the messages of support, would never have got this far without it! :yesyes:
and hope you have a fab new year!

maddie
31-12-09, 20:04
Loli you did it!

Not only did you get as far as the shop, but you bought what you went for despite the queue. I think that was a fantastic achievement. :D :hugs:

OK you might not feel so good, but you have established what you feel comfortable with for now. You did well. xxx

crissy
31-12-09, 20:42
I am so proud of you all fantastic great you are all doing the best you can at the moment, those moments will get better the road may seem really long but all of a sudden you will be there and wonder how but it will happen keep hope in your hearts

Sparkie
01-01-10, 00:37
Happy New Year Everyone! :bighug:

And congrats to everyone who went out today, huge step going to the shop Louise!

Sparks.

maddie
01-01-10, 14:47
Happy New Year all xx

Are we carrying on tomorrow? :unsure: I'm having a rest day today.

Slothette
01-01-10, 18:40
I will carry on maddie....what time where you thinking of going out?....Havent been out today either.....hope you've had a good New Years Day xx

Sparkie
01-01-10, 19:01
I intend on carrying on for sure! :yesyes:

Sparks.

maddie
01-01-10, 21:38
What time fits with you? I'm home all day tomorrow. I'm thinking of going to the nature reserve again and taking my camera with me.

Maddie

loli1982
01-01-10, 22:00
good luck everybody, will b thinkin of you xx

Sparkie
01-01-10, 23:27
I have the urge to take my dog right now.....:shrug:

Sparks.

loli1982
01-01-10, 23:30
go for it sparkie, sid will love you for it!

Sparkie
01-01-10, 23:39
There are some people outside my house but ill go for it!

Sparks.

loli1982
01-01-10, 23:40
good luck xxx

maddie
02-01-10, 00:16
Hope you had a great walk Sparkie! :hugs:

Slothette
02-01-10, 00:30
Hi maddie....how about 12pm?....is that any good for you?......I wish there was a nature reserve near to me. It would be worth pushing myself that little bit further. xx

Sparkie
02-01-10, 00:40
Thanks Louise and Maddie.

I took Sid over the field with his blinking light so I could let him off the lead, the light is fabulous looks like a police siren! Thats all you could see in the darkness! haha Awesome.

I hope you have fun tomorrow Maddie!

Night night.

:hugs:

Sparks.

Slothette
02-01-10, 00:42
aww well done Sparks....hope Sid enjoyed his walk x

loli1982
02-01-10, 00:49
congrats sparkie, goodnight to you and sid xx

maddie
02-01-10, 01:19
Well done Sparkie!! :D

12 is fine Slothette. I'll let you know how I get on. Good luck with your walk.

Night all xx

maddie
02-01-10, 13:35
It was lovely this morning. I was waiting for the washing to finish, then was going out. From nowhere a force 10 gale blew up and it started to pour. So I've not been out.

Hope everyone else has had more success. xx

Slothette
02-01-10, 13:44
Hi maddie....its throwing it down with rain here so I havent been out....if it stops I will give it another try. Fingers crossed.....decided to put some washing on too..lol. xx

Sparkie
03-01-10, 00:02
Taking Sid again! Hearts racing, I'm shaking, here we go!

Sorry about the weather, its just really cold and lots of frost here.

Sparks.

loli1982
03-01-10, 00:25
enjoy your walk sparkie and sid xx

maddie
03-01-10, 01:21
How did it go Sparkie? Do you find it easier to go out at night than in the day?

Sparkie
03-01-10, 02:25
It went really well Maddie, I nearly slipped on black ice several times though. :mad:

Yeah I tend to get more courage at night and that's when I tend to get the urge to do stuff.

Sparks.

maddie
03-01-10, 03:16
I like being up at night - no-one's going to come to the door or phone me, no people to think about as they're all tucked up asleep. Just me and whatever I choose to do. I think I'm turning nocturnal! :wacko::shrug:

Sparkie
03-01-10, 23:52
Anybody do anything today or have plans for tomorrow? I'm about to take Sid again.

Yeah Maddie I much prefer night time, far less to worry about.

Sparks.

maddie
04-01-10, 01:04
Hope you enjoyed your walk Sparkie. I'm going to my daughter's again today. I come back late Tuesday, so probably won't be on here until Wednesday. I'll be taking the baby out around the park while I'm there. We look for dogs and magpies!

Has anyone else been out again? Good luck to you all xx