PDA

View Full Version : panic attack, anxiety and racing heart for 2 days anyone else had this??

karen s
29-12-09, 13:59
Hi all hope you all had a good xmas x I did till yesterday i woke up with anxiety witch lasted 4 hrs then i had a panic attack after i felt better for a little bit then anxiety kicked in again and i still have it :weep: I took my bllod pressure tab this morning and then my chlopramazine its took the edge of the shaking but my heart is still racing!! Is this bad and should i go to hospital????? Any advice would be great :)

Mya
29-12-09, 14:19
Hey Karen,

So sorry to hear how bad you are feeling at the moment. I have had periods that you are experiencing for as long as a month. At the current moment I have been having it for about 2 weeks. The more we worry about it too the worse our heart races etc. I would suggest some nice relaxing tea and deep breathing. These things as well as yoga and even taking a nice bubble bath can temporarily help. I wish you all the best and after a while our bodies use up all the energy and will naturally slow down too. Take care. xoxo

maddie
29-12-09, 14:55
It's probably the aftermath of all the excitement of Christmas and the adrenaline that's been coursing through you. However, as you say you take blood pressure tablets, perhaps it would be wise to ask your doc to check your BP.

KK77
29-12-09, 15:01
As Mya says, these panicky episodes can last for some time, but as you're on BP medication and chlorpromazine I don't think it'd hurt to make an appointment with your GP, just to monitor your condition and check you out.

It's horrible, I know, but the anxiety will abate in time. Sure you'll be OK.

magic girl
29-12-09, 15:49
if it puts your mind at rest then you should consider going to hospital i have in the past and they gave me a thorough check up including an aeg.hospitals are use to panic and anxiety sufferers turning up i know this because my mum is a nurse so dont think you will be wasting their time the symptoms we get are very distressing and also you are on blood pressure tablets,it will put your mind at rest i always calm down when iv been to hospital i feel safe there.
hope you feel better soon and keep us posted:hugs::hugs:

karen s
29-12-09, 16:41
Thankyou all i'm still waiting for doctor to ring me as i think it mite be too many salted peanuts and pickles over xmas that may have interfered with my high blood pressure also lots of palpitations in the last couple of days witch mite of caused my anxiety and panic attack! I think the doc will ask me to go down the surgery, may be a bad idea as my anxiety is high witch will make me panic more and raise my bp don't no what to do!

karen s
29-12-09, 19:12
Hi thanx for all the advice x i think i mite stick it out for another day, see how i feel tomorrow doc wants me to go walkin centre for high bp but daughter is home and we are gonna have a game of poker xx

rhea
03-01-10, 18:52
yes i can relate iv this as i can have panic attacks everday sumtyms or just that genreal anxiety and the symptoms of it can last for a few days at a tym i know its horrible and it leves you feeling exhausted, en i get bad panic attacks i dont want to leve the house. try and just keep getting on with normal day to day life though, and try and keep your spirits up!! xx