PDA

View Full Version : Droopy right eye

skippy66
29-12-09, 15:02
Just read a horrible story on the internet about someone in their mid thirties having a stroke, and hey presto,

my right eye is suddenly drooping with a dull pain behind it, and I'm hyper-aware of it.

Unbelievable that anxiety can cause this.

I'm looking for reassurance again, which I know is the wrong thing to do, but I can't help myself.

I want someone to say 'oh dont worry, i have a droopy right eye now and again and the doctor said it was stress'.

KK77
29-12-09, 15:16
I want someone to say 'oh dont worry, i have a droopy right eye now and again and the doctor said it was stress'.

I won't say that, but certain headaches centred around the eye can cause a droopy eyelid. I have had it many times and it's harmless. It's part of cluster/tension-type headaches. Migraines can cause them too.

skippy66
29-12-09, 15:22
I won't say that, but certain headaches centred around the eye can cause a droopy eyelid. I have had it many times and it's harmless. It's part of cluster/tension-type headaches. Migraines can cause them too.

thank you. that has made me feel better already.

Gaza
29-12-09, 15:37
They are cluster headaches and the muscle in your face and head becoming taught and this leads to over-tension, which causes incorrect messaging getting through the nerves and causes facial numbness. Haver had it on and off for years....so don't worry. I know a kid who was two and had a stroke and another was only fourteen. You are over-anxious and this makes the sesations feel even more pronounced...the more you worry the stronger the sesations get and the muscle gets over-worked and responds with this horrible sensation. Learn to chill out more and don't read stuff on the internet that can set you back. Hope you can feel better from this. Gaza