PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have this????

trixi
29-12-09, 15:16
Hi,

I have suffered with anxiety and various symptoms of it for a few year now.

Over the last few weeks I have experienced pain that I have not experienced before.

I have a numbness on the left hand side of my face, I have shoulder pain, spreading down to my chest (to the left and seems to be where my stomach is) and into my arm and this also spreads right down to my leg and toes on occasions.

I went to the doctor about a fornight ago and she listened to my heart and took my Blood Pressure which was fine. I also had an ECG in May 2007 which was fine.

Firstly does anyone else experience these symptoms, and what do you do to help relieve them. Secondly how reliable is the doc checking my heart and blood pressure to rule out a heart problem.

Thanks

Going home
29-12-09, 15:47
Hi Trixi

Firstly, was your visit to the doctor a few weeks ago because of the numbness? If so what did she tell you it might be? Could it be a trapped nerve?

Secondly, you had an ECG in 2007 and your doc knows the results from this were fine, if there was something wrong with your heart it would show up when she listens to the sounds through the stethescope. She obviously couldn't hear anything out of the ordinary when she examined you, so she would have no reason to send you for further tests. Same goes for the BP testing. If she'd seen a reading outside of the normal range she would have mentioned it. I would trust the doc on this really.

Take care
Going home xx

trixi
29-12-09, 21:30
Hi,

Yes my visit to the Doc a couple of weeks ago was due to the pain that I have been experiencing, she must be fed up looking at me lol.

She is really unsure what could be causing it, she doesn't know if its acid reflux or something possibly postural so I have been attending physio, although still in the early stages of this.

It is sooo annoying!

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Trixi
xxx

Andyroo
29-12-09, 21:51
Hello, i have had acid reflux for years.. it can be very painful it can cause you shoulder pain, neck pain, chest pain and even numbness i have had it from age 16 now im 23 many times it has made me heart feel like it was beating funny and even hurt my chest everytime my heart would beat.. i went to the doctor many times and he told me it was acid reflux.. when i was 16 he gave me a medication called previcid and it worked very well for me for years :noangel: