PDA

View Full Version : Been to docs.....small update

Tomimo
29-12-09, 19:49
Last week I was feeling dodgy and so I made an appointment for today incase there was no improvement, despite feeling shocking on and off over the hols and being convinced I would die, I lived to make today's appointment :)

I saw the doctor tonight and explained about my all over aches and pains - she was very reassuring and explained that in general if there is a specific neuro type problem then people present with pains in one specific area rather than all over. She said that where aches are all over the body they are generally related to post infection/viral causes and can take a while to go away she also said that anxiety can cause aches due to tenseness. She looked over my blood works/chest xrays from being in hospital and said that they looked good (except for raised infection markers - but had chest infection). These results gave her no indication of anything horrible lurking and she doubts they will have changed massively in four weeks. She took blood pressure and pulse which were both fine on the high side of normal but feeling anxious so no surprise. She took my temp which was fine and listened to my chest. She said I looked healthy and that she wasn't worried about me and when I asked whether I was likely to drop down dead from the aches and pains she said no....obviously she can't ever say for certain but she took my fears seriously and didn't seem concerned about anything. She gave me a form for blood tests to check thyroid/anaemia/liver/inflamatory markers etc but I think she really did this to reassure me more than out of any real worry.

I am going to try my best to accept that she wasn't worried and to take comfort in the fact that she would have acted differently if she actually believed that anything was wrong. I'm going to try and ride out the panic and not let it stop me from getting on. Easier said than done I know!

I hope everyone else is managing to get through the xmas period x x

BornWorrier
29-12-09, 20:11
Sounds like you have a fantastic and understanding doctor. I'm so glad all the news was good for you. I have no doubt whatsoever that it'll remain good :)

I can relate to that "all over achy" feeling. I guess we worriers tend to live in such a state of high anxiety al the time, our poor bodies are bound to protest.

Happy, peaceful New Year :)

eva82
29-12-09, 21:19
I can also relate to that all over achy feeling throughout my entire body. Generally, my aches tend to start at my back/neck and head area. I've also had days where my whole body feels sore, like the feeling you get after an intense workout. I am glad you have found such a wonderful doctor who takes you and your concerns seriously!