PDA

View Full Version : Always Something New

Corinne
29-12-09, 19:56
Well, four days on the Zoloft. Yesterday was BAD. Today, the phone rang while I was still in bed. When I reached for it, my hand was shaking and jerking toward it. Scared the heck out of me.

Then my daughter came by. She said my left hand was shaking and so was my head. My legs keep jumping too, but I think I'm doing that myself.

I reread the pamphlet on Zoloft and it said to report tremors IMMEDIATELY to your doctor. It said something about Serotonin Syndrome and Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome.

Of course now I'm scared to death. I called the doctor but haven't heard back yet.

BornWorrier
29-12-09, 20:18
Don't be scared to death, hon. Tremors are VERY common with Zoloft. Your doctor will probably tell you to reduce the dose for a while until your body learns to cope with it better.

I don't know anything about Serotonic Syndrome etc - but I betcha they're extremely rare.

Remember - millions of people take Zoloft every day. If it was likely to be harmful, it simply wouldn't be on the market.

I know none of this will help at the moment, but hopefully your doctor can be more reassuring ;)

BornWorrier
29-12-09, 20:21
Extra bit - have just asked someone in the know about Serotonin Syndrome and apparently there would be a LOT of other, much more severe symptoms by now, and they would have happened within seconds of you taking the medication, so cast that fear out of your mind :)

Corinne
29-12-09, 20:42
Oh, you really calmed me! Thank you a million times over! I hate being such a bother. You have no idea how many times I have stopped myself from posting because I don't want everyone thinking (knowing) what a true basket case I am.

I feel so much better!

Adelle
29-12-09, 20:53
Hi, Im on Zoloft. At the beggining I also had these tremors. Wasnt sure if I should call the doctor. I didnt and they have all gone now. Stick with it. It will pass. Just your body getting used to changes. Happy new year. Adelle. x

BornWorrier
29-12-09, 21:29
"I feel so much better!"

Good :)

And you're NOT a basket case xxx

Corinne
29-12-09, 21:36
Thank you, Adele! It is reassuring to know you had them too.

Born Worrier, I truly am a basket case. If you've read any of my other posts, I have internal body vibrations at night which wake me up. I am just concerned that these new tremors are part of a disease that they aren't catching. I was hoping against hope that they are part of the Zoloft side effects and not part of something bigger.

Doctor still hasn't called back. Hopefully, she will also have the results of my pre Chrismas tests.

Corinne
29-12-09, 22:36
Doctor's office just called. She said it can be a side effect of the Zoloft and wants me to continue taking the half tab for another week. If the internal night vibrations and the external shakes haven't gone away in another week, I am to call back.

All my lab work was fine. She said she couldn't find the 24 hour urine test but would dig it up. I probably won't hear anything. I'm not going to stress too much because she ordered the serum and urine tests for the adrenals and pituitary. So I'm thinking if the serum was fine, so will the other.

She did seen concerned that the internal night vibes were still there. Great. Something else to obsess about. However, I have made the sin of Googling and found that many people have this and doctors can't figure it out.

So that's it. Thanks, everyone. Think I'll eat a cookie.:D

Going home
29-12-09, 23:46
Well that's it then, it's the cookies that are doing this to you! :lac::D

(have a few for me too)
Going home xx

Corinne
29-12-09, 23:49
:D:roflmao:
Thought maybe a little sugar would help since I'm not eating anything. Of course, any weight loss will be looked upon favorably!

Going home
30-12-09, 00:04
How long havent you been eating much? You don't think the vibrations are down to low blood sugar do you? you have to keep putting fuel in the engine, otherwise it starts knocking just like a car when its running on empty. I'm not talking about the recent shaking because that sounds like the meds, but if you're not really eating then you think it could be a reason for the vibrations?

Corinne
30-12-09, 00:08
I have been forcing myself to eat, so I don't think it's low blood sugar or anything.

I did eat that cookie, but I also had a plate of ham and some crackers with pineapple dip that I made. Believe me, I didn't want to eat any of it, but I did!

Going home
30-12-09, 00:26
Ok well that eliminates that one then...but we'll all keep trying to figure it out together and you will get there :) xx