PDA

View Full Version : I was wondering...

neonpink_smurf
24-11-05, 18:56
hi all, i was wondering does anyone else ever get afraid that they are a horrible person and that they'll go evil or get possessed or anything?
I know i'm not a horrible person and i'm not evil as that is obvious because i wouldn't be worrying about whether i am a horrible person but i feel like i am the only person whos scared of this and was hoping other people would understand how i feel.

I was also wondering if maybe i'm feeling like this because a few years ago in my last year of secondary school, 2 of my friends stopped being friends with me and were quite mean to me and turned people against me and i always felt like it was my fault. I know now it wasn't but at the time i thought i deserved it and was horrible, do you think maybe thats where this fear of being evil and a horrible person stems from??

I still can't figure out where being scared of the devil comes from (i'm not even religious but it must be linked in there someewhere!) I just don't want to be evil..
does anyone have any opinions on this?
Thanks

Meg
24-11-05, 20:07
*I know i'm not a horrible person and i'm not evil as that is obvious because i wouldn't be worrying about whether i am a horrible person but i feel like i am the only person whos scared of this and was hoping other people would understand how i feel.*

Totally correct and yes that is where is likely stems from

The religious bit - umm are you not surrounded by community religious arguments or maybe were at school ..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

neonpink_smurf
24-11-05, 20:48
Well i suppose in school you're taught theres a heaven and hell and stuff so thats put in you head.. but i think of myself as more spitual than believing in organised religion but i suppose things stick in your head and are often mentioned in the non religious world e.g: mentioned in horror films.
and to nigel, if it was true i'd be so ashamed and upset because i really try to be a good and kind person because i believe you should treat others as you'd like to be treated.