PDA

View Full Version : is this a panick attack

melvin
30-12-09, 14:33
hi everyone does this sound like a panic attack most of my morning id been working had to drive to barnsley i felt like was kinda nervous like you get when you go away from home but when i got home i was doing my dinner i felt like i wanted to get my diner watch tv and go to sleep all at once like a one mad rush feeling well that went i had my diner i was watching tv cant remember what i was thinking but all of a sudden i noticed my heart was really going fast then i noticed i could not keep up with my breathing i sat up by this time i felt i was getting red hot i did my deep breathing went to get my blood pressure kit out it was not high my pulse was 101 i hold my breath for a min rechecked and it had gone down to 93 so was this a panic attack

gypsywomen
30-12-09, 14:37
yes it was definatly you did right thing breathing through it x

fishman65
30-12-09, 14:46
Hi Melvin,a panic attack can mean different things to different people.So its a little difficult to diagnose one for certain.However,it IS possible you experienced one,though as I'm not a doctor I don't want to speculate.What does seem clear to me is that you are suffering with anxiety in some form.Your nervousness and racing heart point to this.I would advise speaking to your GP about these symptoms.

Good luck, Fishy

gypsywomen
30-12-09, 14:50
ye i agree with above it does sound like one i was a nurse 15 years what made me think this was the way your pulse shot up during the episode but as soon as it as was over your pulse went back to nearly normal

melvin
30-12-09, 15:30
thanx for your replys guys happy new yr