PDA

View Full Version : newbie from Canada

rainbows
25-11-05, 03:55
Hi everyone, so glad l found this site WOW so many wonderful forums on here. l could spend a month reading them all LOL
l am 37 and l have had this illness/challange for 25 years and l have to say it can really suck sometimes. But for the most part l try to make the best of what l have. My illness comes and goes and l have suffered from Agoraphobia off and on also for about 10 years. l still have the phobias and panic attacks but l am getting out more.
l am a holistic therapist and l work with children part time. l have tried so many different things to get well after all these years and l have to say that baby steps seem to be the best way for me.
l also meditated, do yoga etc... and all of these things help also.
Well l won't go on and on with this being my first time lol so l will say ta ta for now and wish everyone a warm hug.
Thank you, Cindy

sillymoo
25-11-05, 08:05
hi there and welcome!hope u find this site useful i know i do!!!take care and keep smilin:D
luv mooxXx

pinkscrumpy
25-11-05, 08:45
A big warm welcome to you Cindy

:D

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

Meg
25-11-05, 08:50
Hello Cindy

Welcome and let us know if you need anything new once you've had a good read through.

Yes, small steps is the best way.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

trac67
25-11-05, 10:12
Hi Cindy,
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of great advice here, and make some good friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

3faces
25-11-05, 10:23
Welcome Cindy:D:D:D

Jem xxx

Karen
25-11-05, 10:33
Hi Cindy

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

vernon
25-11-05, 10:47
Hi Cindy and welcome to the site. You seem so much like me I have suffered on and off like you since far back as I can remember too, but like you on and off and have had plenty of good years too. I remember at 15/16 I found drink calmed me helped me go out when I had agrophobia etc, but soon through relying on the drink had to have a drink just to go a short distance so as you can imagine ended up drinking heavy and daily and this carried on even while not suffering anxiety. I stopped drinking just over two years ago after about 40 years of heavy drinking and this brought back the anxiety/ agrophobia and terrible fears and shaking for about 12 months. But earlier this year started feeling much better and doing lots I hadn’t done for so many years without running to drink as a medication. However I am starting to feel a bit worst now with the long dark cold wet nights of winter, I think the summer long warmer days do make people feel better though. Over the years I have tried so many things like. Relaxation, Self and with a therapist hypnosis, reiki and read so so many self help books. This does help at the time but over all I think the anxiety seems to get better each time without trying anything like just going with it and trying nothing. Maybe the reading, relaxation etc is reminding you you have this problem and keeping it alive, so as I say my new method is try to keep busy and do nothing and keep changing my thoughts. Well I hope this site helps you as it helped me lots especially when I stopped drinking as I used chat at night to take place of the pub/ bar. Pop into chat anytime you want and have a chat. There are usually people in there around 7pm onwards but that’s UK time. Take care hope you feel better soon. Vernon

kazo
25-11-05, 11:09
hi

welcome to this wonderful site. lots of advice and friendly people here

kazo xxx

Piglet
25-11-05, 12:31
Welcome Cindy:D:D

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Sus
25-11-05, 13:19
Hi Cindy,

Welcome to NMP, This site is amazing, you will find a lot of useful info and lovely people on it to help you.

Sus, xx

Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.
Ralph Blum

rainbows
25-11-05, 17:11
Thank you everyone for the wonderful welcomes. l am still reading all the posts and enjoying it all so far. l hope to make it too a chat since l am about 5 hours behind you in the UK so l would be there around 2 my time so we will have to see what l can do.
So glad you all have each other.
Hugs, Cindy

chucklehound
25-11-05, 17:32
Hi Cindy and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and make some great friends too!:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

ERP
25-11-05, 19:59
Hi Cindy,

Welcome aboard I'm also a new member and I can't believe a difference its made even in the last few days!

I don't suffer from your condition but when my anxiety is at its height I can concur with the symptoms of agoraphobia.

I wish you well and good luck

Elton

wobily_lin
25-11-05, 23:28
hi cindy

welcome to the site.x

ptsd sufferer

lin x

Pennie
27-11-05, 00:00
Hi Cindy

Welcome to the site

Pennie

nomorepanic
27-11-05, 16:39
Cindy

A warm welcome aboard and I am so pleased you are finding it helpful here.

Let us know if you have questions and we will help all we can.

Nicola

jill
28-11-05, 20:55
Hi Cindy

WELOCME TO THE SITE :D

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX