PDA

View Full Version : Which Meds? - HELP NOW PLEASE !!!

backflip95
30-12-09, 19:07
Ok, im 14, (female) and suffer from anixaty and panic attacks. I REALLY needs somthing to calm me down. Im on melatonin, to help me sleep, its ok, it gets me to sleep but i wake up abotu 1 hour later in an attack, there geting really bad and i have the shivers ALL DDAY! Any meds you can think of, that i can reaserch to help me.

PLEASE HELP

Sorry about typing all shakey :unsure:

unspoken
30-12-09, 19:30
Hi,

No one here is a doctor - well, they might be, but they can't diagnose you and recommend treatment over the Internet. You need to go and see your GP. As you're 14, they are unlikely to prescribe SSRI antidepressants. They may give you some tranquilizers of the benzodiazepine variety (e.g. Diazepam). These are not recommended for long term use. For shaking, propanalol, a beta blocker, may be prescribed to deal with the physical symptoms. Some talking therapies may be a better long term solution.

Book an appointment with your GP as soon as possible and explain the issue to them. If you are getting nowhere with your GP and feel they're not taking you seriously, see a different doctor at the same or another surgery. You don't have to tell your parents or take them to the appointment, it is confidential.

loulabella
30-12-09, 20:00
I'm not a doctor but have studied psychology and psychiatry for 10 years. Please call your surgery in the AM and make an app. They will be the best to speak to and there are options for you. Valium may help in the short term but its not a solution. They should be open tomorrow. Do your parents know about these issues?

backflip95
30-12-09, 20:18
yES, MY PARENT KNOW.

loulabella
30-12-09, 20:27
Well, do you think they would be happy to see your gp with you tomorrow? X

BabyRachel
30-12-09, 21:55
Hi Hun you need to go see your doctor :)

Im not sure what they would prescribe you, probably not SSRIs cos your young - and hopefully not Valium because its addictive, they will find the drug most suitable to help you :) xxx

loulabella
31-12-09, 18:53
Hello sweetheart,

Did you manage to see your GP?

x

backflip95
02-01-10, 19:53
No, got bad cold atm, so they dont want me ;p
Seeing my counceller in thursday, so i will mention it then.